Check your account email address ×

BMW to source more US Steel cause of tariffs

42 minutes ago, ICEMAN! said:

*facepalm*

Holy fucking shit.......I cannot fathom how dumb one would have to be to not even have the most basic understanding of what a tariff is and why its being used in regards to Canada

3 hours ago, steve from amherst said:

Yes it isa basic shit. No tariffs will be placed on countries whos operating and manufacturing costs are the same as ours. Ice obviously lied when he claimed Canadian costs were the same. If they were there would never have been a tariff placed on Canadian steel.

So if Canada can produce steel at a cost below the us, its a bad thing? 

Good god help reason this!

52 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

So if Canada can produce steel at a cost below the us, its a bad thing? 

Good god help reason this!

:lol: dude......leave that retardation alone. Just let it go 

9 minutes ago, f7ben said:

:lol: dude......leave that retardation alone. Just let it go 

So if i buy a control panel for 20k from who gives a shit and load it with control hardware for 200k and then sell a system for 2 mil should there be a tarrif

Just now, ArcticCrusher said:

So if i buy a control panel for 20k from who gives a shit and load it with control hardware for 200k and then sell a system for 2 mil should there be a tarrif

I knew steve was a fucking moron......but I had no idea it was this bad :lol: 

• Platinum Contributing Member
7 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Good question . What kind of hardware? Is the hardware production being subsidized by the Canadian gvmt and putting American companies out of business selling them in the US?

6 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

Its a bad thing for us steel manufacturers. For others , no.

No ....it is not a bad thing for US steel manufacturers. Why would healthy competition be bad? We welcome any competition from 1st world countries. 

What we do not welcome is steel made by slaves under zero regulation with zero environmental standards. 

Why the fuck are you even commenting on this.....you have shown a lack of understanding so egregious in nature you should probably just kill yourself 

Edited by f7ben

4 hours ago, ICEMAN! said:

*facepalm*

So go ahead , lets hear it. An electrician like Ben working in a steel mill makes $180k a yr American . Or somewhere in the hood of $235k Canadian , right? Bullshit . Their costs are not the same.

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

No ....it is not a bad thing for US steel manufacturers. Why would healthy competition be bad? We welcome any competition from 1st world countries. 

What we do not welcome is steel made by slaves under zero regulation with zero environmental standards. 

Why the fuck are you even commenting on this.....you have shown a lack of understanding so egregious in nature you should probably just kill yourself 

So this week you are opposed to the tariffs you supported last week?

8 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

So go ahead , lets hear it. An electrician like Ben working in a steel mill makes $180k a yr American . Or somewhere in the hood of $235k Canadian , right? Bullshit . Their costs are not the same.

Let’s hear it?

I’ve already explained this to you 3 different ways.  I really don’t know what else to say other than to go back and reread my posts, all of which were spot on.

:lmao:

15 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

So this week you are opposed to the tariffs you supported last week?

I am in full support of the tariffs......you have shown such a lack of understanding concerning them that it actually damages our cause. 

16 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

Industrial electricians in Canada make what I make easily.....maybe more. 

2 minutes ago, DAVE said:

Thats not 180american though...

Well its not fair to just convert the check........I make 1.2 billion dollars converted to Botswanian currency :lol: 

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

Good question . What kind of hardware? Is the hardware production being subsidized by the Canadian gvmt and putting American companies out of business selling them in the US?

No, the steel is like less than 1% of the entire project and insignificant.