Check your account email address ×

Video of my drone flight from yesterday

ckf

Just now, Zambroski said:

Man...that shit really is cool!  What's the range on that?

It all depends on interference and line of sight. I can get about a mile away from here at home with some trees blocking my line of sight. My max is a little over 2 miles from the public beach on the lake.

1 minute ago, ckf said:

It all depends on interference and line of sight. I can get about a mile away from here at home with some trees blocking my line of sight. My max is a little over 2 miles from the public beach on the lake.

Pretty good.  When it starts to get out of range or interference, does it give you a warning or something?  Or do you go pick it up at the scene of the crash?

Just now, Zambroski said:

Pretty good.  When it starts to get out of range or interference, does it give you a warning or something?  Or do you go pick it up at the scene of the crash?

I usually loose the video feed before I lose the ability to control the drone. When the video feed goes out I can switch it map view and fly it that way.  If I do loose all control it will go in 'return to home' mode. When that happens it climbs to 400' and returns to the takeoff location. It's almost foolproof.

6 minutes ago, ckf said:

I usually loose the video feed before I lose the ability to control the drone. When the video feed goes out I can switch it map view and fly it that way.  If I do loose all control it will go in 'return to home' mode. When that happens it climbs to 400' and returns to the takeoff location. It's almost foolproof.

That is awesome!  Damn...got me thinkin!

13 minutes ago, soupkid said:

What kind of battery life do you get ???

does it automatically return home when the battery get low ??

The battery lasts about 20 minutes. Yes, the drone will return to home and land automatically when the battery level gets low. 

9 minutes ago, Fireball 440 said:

Are those sleds or jetskis running across at the end?

Jetskis.

I just found the flight data for the flight that I got the greatest distance away. The data only shows one way because the app crashed and I had to reboot my tablet. Conditions couldn't have been much better than they were for this flight. I started from a field up on a hill and flew across the valley to the Ski Area on the other side.  I still had great signal at the time but wanted to get the drone back before the battery got to low. The video of the flight is below the flight data. 

Capture4.JPG