Check your account email address ×

Trump's visa changes are clawing a famous crab town. And they voted for him.

2 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

It’s slave labor with the h2b’s...

nah those guys are making way more than in their home country it's good for them.  We have a lot of Jamaican apple pickers and other season workers at the beach business and even the worst jobs pay enough to be better than what a white collar job can be in their homeland.  

Whaaaa, the wages at McDonalds should be $15/hour

Whaaaaa, the price of crab meat is too high because there are not enough migrant workers.

You really can't make this up.  This proves the exact point about what happens when you raise wages artificially.

Edited by racer254
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, racer254 said:

Whaaaaa, the price of crab meat is too high because there are not enough migrant workers.

You really can't make this up.  This proves the exact point about what happens when you raise wages artificially.

:owned: to complete Fuck :lol: 

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, BOHICA said:

Low level, low threat offenders in jail should be used to fill these vacancies.  The crab processors/pickers can then pay the prison system for the labor provided to help off set the cost of incarceration funded by tax payers.  This way prisoners wouldnt be taking Jobs from Americans cause Americans would not take those jobs anyways as proof by the need for visas.  Also if it is a shitty job it may serve as a deterrent to repeat offenders that have the threat of having to work a shitty job while incarcerated.  Also some may find a new profession and establish the feeling of self worth and accomplishment! 

And upon their release they should keep the job.

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, racer254 said:

who is crying, besides the business owners you supposedly cared so much about? I don't have a problem with paying a little more for something because the employer had to increase wages. my comments about high prices of crabs have nothing to do with crab meat pickers, in case you were referring to me.

1 hour ago, BOHICA said:

Low level, low threat offenders in jail should be used to fill these vacancies.  The crab processors/pickers can then pay the prison system for the labor provided to help off set the cost of incarceration funded by tax payers.  This way prisoners wouldnt be taking Jobs from Americans cause Americans would not take those jobs anyways as proof by the need for visas.  Also if it is a shitty job it may serve as a deterrent to repeat offenders that have the threat of having to work a shitty job while incarcerated.  Also some may find a new profession and establish the feeling of self worth and accomplishment! 

Institutional slavery! Great fucking idea! :lol: 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Highmark said:

Wonder what they are paid?  Sounds like modern day slavery to me.   "The town receives."  SMH.   Are they shipped in shackled on boats?  What do they do when they are done with the season....ship them back?  Is this for the betterment of the town or the people they are hiring.   What a disgusting way to define workers. 

While the town usually receives 500 visas for crab pickers, this year only about 300 were approved.

The government should cut your labor force by 40% :news:

7 hours ago, ICEMAN! said:

I saw an article yesterday about some landscaper/lawn care guy crying about the same thing

Fuck em.

1 hour ago, Angry ginger said:

nah those guys are making way more than in their home country it's good for them.  We have a lot of Jamaican apple pickers and other season workers at the beach business and even the worst jobs pay enough to be better than what a white collar job can be in their homeland.  

In the OP I said it should get interesting in the coming harvest months, veggies, fruits, etc......

27 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

Fuck em.

In the OP I said it should get interesting in the coming harvest months, veggies, fruits, etc......

For sure. All these faggots complaining about how much a cheeseburger will cost at $15 an hour might get real pissed when their produce prices double. :lol: 

13 hours ago, Whiskey Tango Foxtrot said:

it would appear to make more sense for the crab processors to recruit workers from Baltimore City (which, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) has an unemployment rate of 6.4 percent) or Salisbury, Md., (which has 11,400 unemployed workers, for an unemployment rate of 6.1 percent according to BLS, and which is an hour away from Fishing Creek) than to recruit them from Mexico.

https://cis.org/Arthur/Maryland-Needs-H2B-Crab-Pickers

:popcornchair:

no you cant expect those people to work . they make more mooching of the tax dole 

I am sure some how it would be racist to make those people actually get a fucking job and pay there way in life  

5 hours ago, Nazipigdog said:

Institutional slavery! Great fucking idea! :lol: 

yes much better to just fucking keep paying to keep them locked up . no reason to put them to work giving them 2 or 3 bucks a hr to keep and 8 bucks to pay for there incarceration. again guys would be lining up to get the job  out of the dorm .

but yeah call it slavery to make you feel better about just letting them rot and contribute nothing with there life .is cooking in the kitchen or cleaning or painting or masonry slavery ? because the guys do all that shit for a buck or less and have to have a clean record to get the job . 

5 hours ago, Nazipigdog said:

For sure. All these faggots complaining about how much a cheeseburger will cost at $15 an hour might get real pissed when their produce prices double. :lol: 

how long do you think these jobs would stay empty if we cut welfare for all healthy adults ? 

5 hours ago, Mileage Psycho said:

Fuck em.

Thats how you look at it?   Well maybe if they paid more like many of us they would find workers too.   I think I proved with other articles where they paid them 3-4 dollars an hour less what its all about. 

Edited by Highmark

7 hours ago, Highmark said:

Thats how you look at it?   Well maybe if they paid more like many of us they would find workers too.   I think I proved with other articles where they paid them 3-4 dollars an hour less what its all about. 

Yep, its piecework. Some don't even break min wage.

8 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

yes much better to just fucking keep paying to keep them locked up . no reason to put them to work giving them 2 or 3 bucks a hr to keep and 8 bucks to pay for there incarceration. again guys would be lining up to get the job  out of the dorm .

but yeah call it slavery to make you feel better about just letting them rot and contribute nothing with there life .is cooking in the kitchen or cleaning or painting or masonry slavery ? because the guys do all that shit for a buck or less and have to have a clean record to get the job . 

Yeah... you don't see a conflict with having a prison system that locks people up at a high cost to the tax payer and then forces them to perform labor at slave wages so the prison can profit from said labor? Wow.

Edited by Nazipigdog

11 minutes ago, Nazipigdog said:

Yeah... you don't see a conflict with having a prison system that locks people up at a high cost to the tax payer and then forces them to perform labor at slave wages so the prison can profit from said labor? Wow.

paid punishment is perhaps a more friendly term.  Many are already doing laundry and working in the kitchens for nothing, so I guess that's not slave labor at all, is it?

You were on a good roll this winter.  Had to agree with your views on a lot of topics.  Lately, however, you're turning back into the old Analer.  You waking up to Vinny every morning by your side now or what?  

17 minutes ago, Nazipigdog said:

In a private prison I would agree with you. A state owned facility , I believe its a good idea.

2 minutes ago, hayward said:

paid punishment is perhaps a more friendly term.  Many are already doing laundry and working in the kitchens for nothing, so I guess that's not slave labor at all, is it?

You were on a good roll this winter.  Had to agree with your views on a lot of topics.  Lately, however, you're turning back into the old Analer.  You waking up to Vinny every morning by your side now or what?  

I'm sure there is about a few thousand constitutional lawyers who will take issue with the prison labor market. If you can't see that then you are drinking the same fluoride tainted Kool aid ez wiper is. 

1 minute ago, steve from amherst said:

In a private prison I would agree with you. A state owned facility , I believe its a good idea.

Hence the term "INSTITUTIONAL SLAVERY"!!!!! :lol:

9 minutes ago, Nazipigdog said:

I'm sure there is about a few thousand constitutional lawyers who will take issue with the prison labor market. If you can't see that then you are drinking the same fluoride tainted Kool aid ez wiper is. 

Oh I see it all right, lawyers getting in the way of every issue under the sun for a good pay-day.  There's nothing wrong with thinking outside the box once in a while.