Check your account email address ×

Holy fucking shit....will wonders never cease!!!11

35 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Nope......the fund I was i that I pulled out of 2 months is down almost 4% since the day I pulled out. Had I sat tight I would have had a lot less money to put into the fund I got into today. 

2 months?  Are you kidding me.  Look at the long term performance and who is managing it.  You are young, balls to the walls.

1 minute ago, Nazipigdog said:

Youre already doing better than Ben. :bc: 

Ask him how many 3$ investments it took to hit the $226 :lol: I'm guessing somewhere around 100

Just now, ArcticCrusher said:

2 months?  Are you kidding me.  Look at the long term performance and who is managing it.  You are young, balls to the walls.

I pulled out of it 2 months ago and it is down almost 4% since. I am not going to be in this market for much more than a few weeks at a time until it corrects properly and we have a recession. 

Fixed

that is bullshit......if you own your home and have no bills why would you need 2 million in retirement. who the fuck needs 100k plus per year when they are old

36 minutes ago, f7ben said:

You think the pro's have a fucking clue? For every guy you find telling a client one thing you have another telling him the exact opposite. I'll take my chances on my own. Millwright I was working with yesterday saw an FA this week. Guy told him if he was going to retire in the next 5 years to keep everything in cash right now.

Well lets see......if that guy is scared about the next 5 years why the fuck would I want my money exposed regardless of when I am going to retire?

That FA should be shot, shit and pissed on.  You could live to you're over 90, that is the plan, 30-40 of retirement.  Fucking junior achievers, holy shit.:lol:

That FA should be shot, shit and pissed on.  You could live to you're over 90, that is the plan, 30-40 of retirement.  Fucking junior achievers, holy shit.:lol:

The market is going to correct hard in the next few years.....anyone with a brain knows that and anyone with a brain is preparing to shelter their money through it 

2 minutes ago, f7ben said:

The market is going to correct hard in the next few years.....anyone with a brain knows that and anyone with a brain is preparing to shelter their money through it 

No, anyone with a brain will ride it out as history has proven time and time again.:lol:

7 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Ask him how many 3$ investments it took to hit the $226 :lol: I'm guessing somewhere around 100

You could ask me and tell the site if you actually fucking called me.......  I'll clue ya tho-  way less than we drink in beer in a day.    

6 minutes ago, f7ben said:

that is bullshit......if you own your home and have no bills why would you need 2 million in retirement. who the fuck needs 100k plus per year when they are old

What do I know, my net worth does not get depleted in retirement, it continues to grow.

14 minutes ago, f7ben said:

True.  Nothing is funnier than somebody deciding what others need for retirement.  Wierd they all tend to be FA's.  hmmm.....I think I got into it with "Red Rocket"(?) about that some time ago.  Meh....EVERYONE SHOULD SHOOT FOR A TRILLION DOLLARZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Depends on how one wants to roll.  And really, it's not like that money isn't going to continue to grow in retirement.  Millions retire each year and do fine on a few hundred thousand and a small pension.  Some FA's  are full of their own sales bullshit.  Not all...just some.  

34 minutes ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

I am on track for 2.3 million at retirement.  I could make due with that I think.  We will see what the market does...

Neal

2 mil is my goal in the 401k’s. Plus a couple of small pensions, savings and SS we should do ok.

14 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

True.  Nothing is funnier than somebody deciding what others need for retirement.  Wierd they all tend to be FA's.  hmmm.....I think I got into it with "Red Rocket"(?) about that some time ago.  Meh....EVERYONE SHOULD SHOOT FOR A TRILLION DOLLARZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Depends on how one wants to roll.  And really, it's not like that money isn't going to continue to grow in retirement.  Millions retire each year and do fine on a few hundred thousand and a small pension.  Some FA's  are full of their own sales bullshit.  Not all...just some.  

Most FA's are more concerned about building their "Own Book" than creating wealth for their clients, most compete with inflation.  Why would anyone want to shutdown their growth in their retirement portfolio when they have decades left unless they have managed to screw it up.  Depleting retirement portfolios are for those that have missed the boat.  

52 minutes ago, jammin said:

You could ask me and tell the site if you actually fucking called me.......  I'll clue ya tho-  way less than we drink in beer in a day.    

TTT

1 hour ago, jammin said:

We aren't either but my wife did win 226$ a couple nights ago on a 3$ investment.  70% stashed and we are going out for fish tacos tonight!     :bc: 

What's the investment? :dunno:

3 hours ago, f7ben said:

i think 2 mil is low unless your waiting well into your 60's.  certainly not enough to go at 55 and needing 20 years of solid income to actually do shit not sit around waiting to die

3 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

You obviously don't drink and smoke enough, or own a wicked fast sled like @f7ben ...

90?? Lol, if I make 70, I'll consider it a win. You need more fun, more red meat, more octane in your diet.

3 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

i think 2 mil is low unless your waiting well into your 60's.  certainly not enough to go at 55 and needing 20 years of solid income to actually do shit not sit around waiting to die

Where are y'all coming up with these figures?? Life expectancy of a male in USA is: 

(CNN)Life expectancy in the United States has dropped again following last year's decline, which marked the first downturn in more than two decades.

On average, Americans can now expect to live 78.6 years, a statistically significant drop of 0.1 year, according to a report on 2016 data published Thursday by the National Center for Health Statistics. Women can now expect to live a full five years longer than men: 81.1 years vs. 76.1 years.

If you round the numbers off to expect and retire at 60 even, and die at a high expectancy of 80, that still leaves you with 100k to spend a year! If you still owe +100k yearly when you're in your 60s, you're doing it wrong. 

14 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

There's all kinds of diagrams, calculators and proof to that point.  But really, I'd say spend half (or more) of that 2 mil while you are young and crazy enough to enjoy it.  I don't give a fuck if I die broke and poor.  I've never had any intentions of looking back at the fun times I had while I was in my fucking 60's after decades of conserving money having planned moments allowing for some "reasonable spending".  Assuming my cholestoral is down.  :lmao:

But, I see the other side too.  I just find it very unappealing.  The loser is the one who dies with the most money.   SMOK'EM WHILE YOU GOT 'EM!!!!! 

Ironically, 'twas probably this attitude that led me to be pretty financially secure (for now).  Life.  She's a weirdo!  

11 hours ago, Zambroski said:

There's all kinds of diagrams, calculators and proof to that point.  But really, I'd say spend half (or more) of that 2 mil while you are young and crazy enough to enjoy it.  I don't give a fuck if I die broke and poor.  I've never had any intentions of looking back at the fun times I had while I was in my fucking 60's after decades of conserving money having planned moments allowing for some "reasonable spending".  Assuming my cholestoral is down.  :lmao:

But, I see the other side too.  I just find it very unappealing.  The loser is the one who dies with the most money.   SMOK'EM WHILE YOU GOT 'EM!!!!! 

Ironically, 'twas probably this attitude that led me to be pretty financially secure (for now).  Life.  She's a weirdo!  

What's wrong with having your cake and eating it too?