Check your account email address ×

Holy fucking shit....will wonders never cease!!!11

Just now, Nazipigdog said:

Yes I know how it works, I didn't think you could have both 401k and SEP distributions tax deferred. :dunno:

I have no idea.....I just know that 80% of my total profit share goes right into my 401k tax deferred no different than the match percentage the company pays

1 minute ago, Highmark said:

I just removed a significant chunk for another need so you are safe....its gonna skyrocket.

I dont think so......my luck is much much worse than yours. I am in so its going to tank. We may be like two immovable objects colliding but I am confident my lack of market savvy will win out :lol: 

1 minute ago, Highmark said:

I just removed a significant chunk for another need so you are safe....its gonna skyrocket.

No because it will drop 2% and he will be out and then after it goes up 10% he will jump back in!!!! :lol:

• Haha 1

No because it will drop 2% and he will be out and then after it goes up 10% he will jump back in!!!! :lol:

Hey ....I am beating the DOW by over 2% so far this year !!!!!!!!!!11111111111

• Platinum Contributing Member

Yeah his sell low, buy high doesn't seem like the best strategy.  :lol:  

He should just do what George did on Seinfeld and do the exact opposite of what he normally would do.  

Just now, Highmark said:

He should just do what George did on Seinfeld and do the exact opposite of what he normally would do.  

I am not even going to pretend I am any kind of expert or even highly knowledgeable but even I know that buying and selling mutual funds on weekly market swings is not a winning strategy. I hope it works out for him. 

5 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Hey ....I am beating the DOW by over 2% so far this year !!!!!!!!!!11111111111

You should sell a course on Facebook!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nazipigdog said:

I am not even going to pretend I am any kind of expert or even highly knowledgeable but even I know that buying and selling mutual funds on weekly market swings is not a winning strategy. I hope it works out for him. 

I hardly buy and sell mutual funds on a weekly basis. I believe I have exited and entered 4 times total ever and they were in the last year. I just feel the market is topped out and there is a recession coming. I plan to spend more time on the sidelines than I do in for the next couple years. Thats all 

10 minutes ago, Highmark said:

:lol:

3 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I hardly buy and sell mutual funds on a weekly basis. I believe I have exited and entered 4 times total ever and they were in the last year. I just feel the market is topped out and there is a recession coming. I plan to spend more time on the sidelines than I do in for the next couple years. Thats all 

Bro, I am being completely sincere here... A quality manager will help you choose stocks/funds that will still produce if the market starts to decline. That's why you need to diversify. And judging by what I'm seeing right now I don't think it's going down this year. I dumped some cash just back in January and all of the buys are up, some are up bigly. I'm not even looking at what the stock market is doing. You should listen to woolie here, he works for a good company. :bc:

1 minute ago, Nazipigdog said:

Bro, I am being completely sincere here... A quality manager will help you choose stocks/funds that will still produce if the market starts to decline. That's why you need to diversify. And judging by what I'm seeing right now I don't think it's going down this year. I dumped some cash just back in January and all of the buys are up, some are up bigly. I'm not even looking at what the stock market is doing. You should listen to woolie here, he works for a good company. :bc:

Woolie was clueless about the most simple of 401k regulations. I wouldnt let him manage my beer money 

2 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Woolie was clueless about the most simple of 401k regulations. I wouldnt let him manage my beer money 

He has smart people that make the desicions for him. :bc:

He has smart people that make the desicions for him. :bc:

So you're saying he's the ugliest just another pretty face out there?

7 minutes ago, f7ben said:

So you're saying he's the ugliest just another pretty face out there?

I'm saying you don't know what you're doing here. :bc:

5 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

The 401k limit is 18,500 for 2018, so *buzzer*.  I don't think so at least not in a qualified tax deferred account.  Even if you put 40k a year away, trying to time the market, you think thats an "easy" million?  Good luck with that.  :bc: 

Oh Ben.  

4 hours ago, f7ben said:

Yah , Woolie really knows his shit :lol: seems like EJ needs to train their special mega superstars a little better

Dear Pat, The employer matching contributionsdon't count toward the maximum limits that you cancontribute to a 401(k) plan. There is, however, a combined contribution limit of $53,000 for theemployer and employee contributions in 2015. Also, in 2015, the employee's contribution limit is $18,000.Jun 8, 2015

4 hours ago, Nazipigdog said:

I'm saying you don't know what you're doing here. :bc:

Seems to me Woolie is the one that doesnt know what he's doing here?

5 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Seems to me Woolie is the one that doesnt know what he's doing here?

regardless, the investing strategy of in and out based on market trends for retirement planning is just a waste of time. You can do better is all Im saying. 

21 hours ago, f7ben said:

that is bullshit......if you own your home and have no bills why would you need 2 million in retirement. who the fuck needs 100k plus per year when they are old

I got a lot of plans when I turn 57. I don't want money to be an obstacle.

Dad didn't downsize till last year, when he turned 78. Big was finally too much for mom. Point is, they lived as they were accustomed for the 18 years following retirement. That's the way I want to go.

regardless, the investing strategy of in and out based on market trends for retirement planning is just a waste of time. You can do better is all Im saying. 

I disagree......its pretty fucking simple. A sheltered stable value fund during a a recessionary stretch of time is fine. I participate in my company 401k and I only have so many funds available to me. I cannot roll my money over into an IRA and continue to participate in the company plan

1 minute ago, Snake said:

I got a lot of plans when I turn 57. I don't want money to be an obstacle.

Dad didn't downsize till last year, when he turned 78. Big was finally too much for mom. Point is, they lived as they were accustomed for the 18 years following retirement. That's the way I want to go.

And I absolutely hope that happens for you. You and your wife have done extremely well for yourselves. To say that someone needs over 100k in retirement is idiocy though. If you have no bills you should be able to live a very full life on a reasonable dollar amount. Are you going to travel the world like Tom and drive brand new trucks every year? Well .....maybe not but people have different priorities 

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

I disagree......its pretty fucking simple. A sheltered stable value fund during a a recessionary stretch of time is fine. I participate in my company 401k and I only have so many funds available to me. I cannot roll my money over into an IRA and continue to participate in the company plan

God bless. 

Just now, f7ben said:

And I absolutely hope that happens for you. You and your wife have done extremely well for yourselves. To say that someone needs over 100k in retirement is idiocy though. If you have no bills you should be able to live a very full life on a reasonable dollar amount. Are you going to travel the world like Tom and drive brand new trucks every year? Well .....maybe not but people have different priorities 

That is also foolish way to look at retirement. #1 being health care costs. You or your wife gets sick and couple hundred thousand can go real quick. Ive seen this alot, and recently. Dont even tell me that your company or some shit has health insurance for retirees or medicare this or that. The price of health care is skyrocketing and by the time you are in your twilight medicare will be gutted and insurance for people that age will be almost unattainable. I would not even look at retirement as just a level of lifestyle. I support 3 seniors now. I definitely dont want to put that burden on my kids. :suicide: