Check your account email address ×

Unemployment is below 4% for the first time since 2000

• Platinum Contributing Member
3 hours ago, Highmark said:

7-8% down from 17% under Obama.  :lol:   Does anyone doubt for a second that 2.5-5% of the population simply won't work for whatever reason.

http://news.gallup.com/poll/189068/bls-unemployment-seasonally-adjusted.aspx.aspx

I'll remind you its one of your boys who started this thread to pump Obama.  :lol2:

That is why 5 % unemployment is considered full employment.

• Like 1

7-8% down from 17% under Obama.  :lol:   Does anyone doubt for a second that 2.5-5% of the population simply won't work for whatever reason.

http://news.gallup.com/poll/189068/bls-unemployment-seasonally-adjusted.aspx.aspx

I'll remind you its one of your boys who started this thread to pump Obama.  :lol2:

You're full of shit, just like the goof below :lol:

9 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Hey..  was I talking to you?  No.  So shut the fuck up unless you're spoken to.  :news: 

@Highmark and Woolie......numbers that were fake are now real and numbers that mattered do not matter anymore .... :lmao: 

You two are a couple dumbfucks :lmao: 

5 hours ago, 1jkw said:

How come nobody brings up, what's the REAL unemployment rate or look at the labor participation rate anymore?

But... but... but...

5 minutes ago, Snake said:

But... but... but...

The numbers that were fake are now real and the numbers that were real are now fake :lmao: Makes sense to a hypocrite like you :lol: 

Edited by SnowRider

8 hours ago, Highmark said:

I know I've seen some numbers.   I don't have time right now to look it up.

Hatred for my own species?   You have no idea what type of person I am and how I treat my fellow man thru actions or giving.  Sorry if my reality of the real world human nature interferes with your Utopian idea of mankind.   

There’s something you seem to overlook in your support of Walmart’s low wages. During the “50’s “60’s and “70’s there were ample opportunities for those that were less than capable. Those who had an excellent work ethic yet didn’t possess the IQ level to learn an advanced trade, skill, or profession. During those years wages were acceptable even for that type of individual. The distribution of varying levels of intelligence hasn’t changed. Those less capable haven’t gone away. Instead they’re now relegated to a lifetime of extremely low wages because of this new idea of seeing these folks as a commodity of the company rather than the company.

Wages as a whole are primarily based on a person’s IQ. IQ is a fixed quotient. It doesn’t change via education or experience. I’m of the opinion that those that are less capable are in need of support by those that are more capable in society. Somehow that has disappeared in exchange for maximization of profit. 

Edited by spin_dry

6 hours ago, motonoggin said:

So you're a landlord?

yes and have had contracts with public housing on and off for yrs . I have finely dumped my last city and will never go back no matter how bad the economy gets

the people get worse and worse with less and less respect for the property's but what do you expect with less,and less self respect 

19 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

There’s something you seem to overlook in your support of Walmart’s low wages. During the “50’s “60’s and “70’s there were ample opportunities for those that were less than capable. Those who had an excellent work ethic yet didn’t possess the IQ level to learn an advanced trade, skill, or profession. During those years wages were acceptable even for that type of individual. The distribution of varying levels of intelligence hasn’t changed. Those less capable haven’t gone away. Instead they’re now relegated to a lifetime of extremely low wages because of this new idea of seeing these folks as a commodity of the company rather than the company.

Afterall, wages as a whole are distributed primarily based on a person’s IQ. IQ is a fixed quotient. It doesn’t change via education or experience. I’m of the opinion that those that are less capable are in need of support by the those more capable in society. Somehow that has disappeared in exchange for maximization of profit. 

bull shit still a ton of decent pay jobs for unskilled dull people .

constuction laborers are pulling 15 to 25 all day 

sewer guys same money

drain cleaners 15 to 20

grass cutters he'll some are pulling a ez 6 figures 

most painters are pulling 60pluse a yr

a job at the fucking dump is over 6ok

short list hundreds more but reality is just a lot more ez to sit back on the dole 

13 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

bull shit still a ton of decent pay jobs for unskilled dull people .

constuction laborers are pulling 15 to 25 all day 

sewer guys same money

drain cleaners 15 to 20

grass cutters he'll some are pulling a ez 6 figures 

most painters are pulling 60pluse a yr

a job at the fucking dump is over 6ok

short list hundreds more but reality is just a lot more ez to sit back on the dole 

You couldn’t be more wrong. Every study has shown that since the 1970’s wages have remained relatively flat or even declined in the United States. Thats even when unemployment is low. Those that are hit the worst are people I’m referring too. A greater percentage of wealth is sliding to a  smaller portion of individuals at the top. That is accelerating rapidly. Basically everything you say is extremely myopic and out of touch with what’s happening. 

Edited by spin_dry

16 hours ago, SnowRider said:

@Highmark and Woolie......numbers that were fake are now real and numbers that mattered do not matter anymore .... :lmao: 

You two are a couple dumbfucks :lmao: 

Dude do you ever look in the mirror and think, I should just kill myself.  :lol:  Don't fight it.   Swallow a bunch of pills, cut your wrists, jump off a building.   Do society a favor and take your ugly, liberal ass out of this world.   Make it a better place.  

Edited by Highmark

16 hours ago, Mileage Psycho said:

So my link is wrong.  :lol:  

• Like 1

12 hours ago, spin_dry said:

Wages as a whole are primarily based on a person’s IQ. IQ is a fixed quotient. It doesn’t change via education or experience. I’m of the opinion that those that are less capable are in need of support by those that are more capable in society. Somehow that has disappeared in exchange for maximization of profit. 

Jesus, I don't "support Walmarts low wages."   What I support is free markets that set the wage.   I said over and over and over again that Walmart COULD raise compensation and still be competitive but Amazon has made it clear they have strong competition.  

Again I love how you liberals like to claim support all the while degrading people and saying they aren't smart enough to earn a living wage.   Fuck man get over yourself in judging what you think people are capable of.  We are not talking about mentally challenged.

What do you suggest a national IQ test that determines what someone's wage should be. :lol:   What a liberal wet dream of affirmative action.  

Edited by Highmark

16 hours ago, Mileage Psycho said:

ok you are a union contractor 

how many guys are on the bench in your local to pick from today ? 

yeah that is what I thought 

On 5/4/2018 at 12:18 PM, 1jkw said:

How come nobody brings up, what's the REAL unemployment rate or look at the labor participation rate anymore?

Well, Slate had this to say in 2017... :

In recent years, the headline unemployment rate has become a less useful yardstick for measuring the overall health of the labor market. Like all economic indicators, it has shortcomings, and those weaknesses have grown more problematic since the Great Recession. If an administration wanted to benchmark its economic performance by focusing on a single headline statistic, this might be a good time to pick a new one.

The BLS even produces a data point that Trump himself might like: The employment-to-population ratio for adults between the ages of 25 and 54—or “prime-age EPOP.” It's great. Really terrific. Some even say it's the best labor market indicator out there. Believe me.

http://www.slate.com/business/2018/05/the-unemployment-rate-is-historically-low-and-meaningless.html

Well.... ok....

latest_numbers_LNS12300060_2008_2018_all

1 hour ago, Snake said:

Well, Slate had this to say in 2017... :

In recent years, the headline unemployment rate has become a less useful yardstick for measuring the overall health of the labor market. Like all economic indicators, it has shortcomings, and those weaknesses have grown more problematic since the Great Recession. If an administration wanted to benchmark its economic performance by focusing on a single headline statistic, this might be a good time to pick a new one.

The BLS even produces a data point that Trump himself might like: The employment-to-population ratio for adults between the ages of 25 and 54—or “prime-age EPOP.” It's great. Really terrific. Some even say it's the best labor market indicator out there. Believe me.

http://www.slate.com/business/2018/05/the-unemployment-rate-is-historically-low-and-meaningless.html

Well.... ok....

latest_numbers_LNS12300060_2008_2018_all

Thanks for proving my point. Now you want to select a certain group, age 25 to 54 not the REAL labor participation that is the same in April 2018 as it was in 2016.  There is little doubt the economy is doing well, a much stronger world economy, a weaker dollar, huge government spending, corporate tax breaks, small middle class tax breaks all grease the wheels. Cut taxes, increase defense spending, and deregulate lending. What could possibly go wrong?

5 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

ok you are a union contractor 

how many guys are on the bench in your local to pick from today ? 

yeah that is what I thought 

Same as there was 2 years ago at this time.

Without backreading all the deniers and whining...I’d like to say that 4%....this is just terrible news. Terrible.  Armageddon!!!!

Hey Dems....see you in 2024!!!  :lol:

Or, do you have a message yet?  :lmao: