Check your account email address ×

Cant do this without studs !!!

41 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

What stuff. Im all ears. 

I have used seafoam and stabil with very good results. Stabil is a little easier to use but seafoam works good to. 

I would love to find something better. 

Startron, Stabil, Seafoam are all good products, it's amazing how all my stuff has kept running for the past way to many years using those products :lol: 

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

Trails are closed though right? I've never ridden out there after season end. I suppose its all just logging roads or whatever you can find? I'm not interested in that at all. 

They quit grooming, and yes some gates are closed, but there are some great goat paths going into some awesome valleys and hills. The wife and I were up there the weekend of the 24th and I found some new stuff that was in deep and it was all good till she stuck her sled, late afternoon, me with the fucked up shoulder with a 125 lb. middle aged woman.....it was time to get the fuck out :lol: 

12 hours ago, f7ben said:

:lol: yah....tell that to the guy with the fucking ice cobra on that new g4 xrs......he was 5-10 minutes behind for every 10 miles we ran 

fucking prestudded tracks are as useless as tits on a bull .......every single person I know that has ever had one put studs in after they got over the massive disappointment of having spent good money for a worthless gimmick 

Agreed. My sled came with a pre studded track. It's downright scary in those conditions. After experiencing this track I would never put one on a sled.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

They quit grooming, and yes some gates are closed, but there are some great goat paths going into some awesome valleys and hills. The wife and I were up there the weekend of the 24th and I found some new stuff that was in deep and it was all good till she stuck her sled, late afternoon, me with the fucked up shoulder with a 125 lb. middle aged woman.....it was time to get the fuck out :lol: 

I would have fun doing that if I had a 141 m series sled......not fun on the cfr , z1 or zrt1000 :lol: its just not my cup of tea anymore. One good stuck that has me lifting and digging and getting pissed could easily cause me a months pain with my back. That becomes no fun in a hurry like you said 

• Platinum Contributing Member
8 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I would have fun doing that if I had a 141 m series sled......not fun on the cfr , z1 or zrt1000 :lol: its just not my cup of tea anymore. One good stuck that has me lifting and digging and getting pissed could easily cause me a months pain with my back. That becomes no fun in a hurry like you said 

The ECDL calls that Mountain Riding. :lol:

12 hours ago, f7ben said:

:lol: yah....tell that to the guy with the fucking ice cobra on that new g4 xrs......he was 5-10 minutes behind for every 10 miles we ran 

fucking prestudded tracks are as useless as tits on a bull .......every single person I know that has ever had one put studs in after they got over the massive disappointment of having spent good money for a worthless gimmick 

The premolded studs are useless for traction. I would imagine they are fine for breaking only

Rivers can be fun without studs.   Short run up water crossings not so much.  :lol:  

Edited by Highmark

1 hour ago, AKIQPilot said:

How many sleds with prestudded tracks do you own. I currently own 2 and have had 6 over the years. The pre studded tracks are better than no studs but they are no where even close to a conventionally studded track.  That is a fact. 

If anything I just forget what real studs are like because we've been running Icerippers for 10 years now. I replaced a beat up 1" lug 96 stud track for a 1.25" Ice Ripper on my 03 Rev and my family hasn't traditionally studded a track since.

1 hour ago, Skidooski said:

Drag racing on ice with trail studs isn't really drag racing. It's snow cone making 

No shit.

1 hour ago, Rigid1 said:

he tours Old Forge in NY. Even the locals dont ride there, its tourist town for rich peeps from Nj to come to go "ski dooing". They have 24hrs a day grooming and you ride in big circles but have to buy a additional pass to ride their trails.. So fucking gay. 

We don't ride around the OF trail system ya dunce :lol: a typical ride is a 150+ mile loop to other areas. 

Ice ripper is a decent ladies track at least in our area. Where the gals don't care about any type of corner to corner or punching it.   Just for improved stopping.  

17 minutes ago, Kev144 said:

Ice ripper is a decent ladies track at least in our area. Where the gals don't care about any type of corner to corner or punching it.   Just for improved stopping.  

That is about all they are good for.....and the proper statement is just "Its a ladies track" ......no need to mention any specific area :lol: 

2 minutes ago, f7ben said:

That is about all they are good for.....and the proper statement is just "Its a ladies track" ......no need to mention any specific area :lol: 

Don't mention that on the  other site. It's God's track to some  :lol: 

1 hour ago, jtssrx said:

The premolded studs are useless for traction. I would imagine they are fine for breaking only

they get you going on ice but certainly not the same way studded will.  they help keep you straight on iced up logging roads.  they don't get destroyed when riding over trees and rocks off trail.  I rode one 5k miles and liked it better on trail

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Kev144 said:

Don't mention that on the  other site. It's God's track to some  :lol: 

There are a lot of things they are sensitive about over there....the aforementioned mountain riding for example. :lol:

Just now, Angry ginger said:

they get you going on ice but certainly not the same way studded will.  they help keep you straight on iced up logging roads.  they don't get destroyed when riding over trees and rocks off trail.  I rode one 5k miles and liked it better on trail

How were they for breaking?

2 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

There are a lot of things they are sensitive about over there....the aforementioned mountain riding for example. :lol:

I enjoy it there for more sled talk.  I just find it funny that some members of a certain league will question others riding capabilities yet if you question theirs, it's a big deal and you are a bully!!!

3 minutes ago, Kev144 said:

I enjoy it there for more sled talk.  I just find it funny that some members of a certain league will question others riding capabilities yet if you question theirs, it's a big deal and you are a bully!!!

Nailed it and they swarm like a pack of negros when one of their own  is insulted. :lol:

3 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Nailed it and they swarm like a pack of negros when one of their own  is insulted. :lol:

Yes it really is a do as I say not as I do scenario 

1 hour ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

fuck you snacks,

ecdl-rules.jpg

:lol:   couldn't leave it alone

• Haha 3

11 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

fuck you snacks,

ecdl-rules.jpg

:lol:   couldn't leave it alone

:lol: :thumbsup:

3 hours ago, f7ben said:

Puss ee

8 hours ago, small-bore said:

Agreed. My sled came with a pre studded track. It's downright scary in those conditions. After experiencing this track I would never put one on a sled.

Yup, they give you just enough mentally to get over confident, and think you get some grip, and then it,s only a matter of time, for those, OH FUCK, moments.

Great market, but totally useless for stopping, or trying to move on ice or hardpack quickly.