Check your account email address ×

America's affinity for short-term thinking....

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, Nazipigdog said:

Trump has doubled down on alot of shit they condemned Obama for but now they love it. Neoconism is a mental disorder. 

But you have said in other threads that you are glad he is doing something about us getting fucked over on trade issues.

8 minutes ago, Im4snow said:

Thx for the blinding insights.  An extremely capable defense keeps us all sleeping a little better each night.  That's priceless.  :bc:  

Lol

I'd sleep better knowing we aren't bankrupt spending more than the rest of the world combined

2 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

But you have said in other threads that you are glad he is doing something about us getting fucked over on trade issues.

yes I do agree with him on that but when Obama threatened to get tough on China the neocons spewed the same shit MC and spinster are spewing now. Its the double standards and hyprocrisy that i was referring to fat jimmy, :lol: 

1 minute ago, Angry ginger said:

Lol

I'd sleep better knowing we aren't bankrupt spending more than the rest of the world combined

Why do they need guns again if they are sleeping so good? :lol: 

4 minutes ago, Nazipigdog said:

How does the rest of the world sleep at night? :lol: Unless you are in a country WE are bombing I think everybody else sleeps pretty good and doesnt spend $700+ billion. Crazy how we are all about peace and democracy yet we are the most imperialistic (militarily) and then topple govts and let chaos ensue. Maybe we could stop that shit and everybody will just have to get some ambien? 

Trump is getting out of Syria very un Nazi like move NaziPigDog :guzzle: 

1 minute ago, Momorider said:

Trump is getting out of Syria very un Nazi like move NaziPigDog :guzzle: 

Why are we there in the first place momodickrider? And he could have pulled our troops out over a year ago momodickrider... 

Just now, Nazipigdog said:

Why are we there in the first place momodickrider? And he could have pulled our troops out over a year ago momodickrider... 

:lies: Still killing ISIS a year ago 

5 minutes ago, Nazipigdog said:

yes I do agree with him on that but when Obama threatened to get tough on China the neocons spewed the same shit MC and spinster are spewing now. Its the double standards and hyprocrisy that i was referring to fat jimmy, :lol: 

Now there was no need for that Eatler! :lol:

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Im4snow said:

I don't recall Obama tackling BIG issues that negatively impact the avg legal American. Oh wait, he did try with healthcare.  That hasn't ended well.  Hoping Trump's efforts deliver more net upside to the avg American, LONGER-TERM.  :bc: 

Many Americans saw reduced annual price increases after the affordable care act, myself included.

Don’t the long term effects of extra trillion dollars in debt brought on by the tax cut concern you?

Personally, I don’t trust the guy who’s made a living out of fucking contractors, investors, banks, and students out of their money to turn on a dime and make decisions that will be in our best interest but I guess he has gained your confidence.

43 minutes ago, XC.Morrison said:

Many Americans saw reduced annual price increases after the affordable care act, myself included.

Don’t the long term effects of extra trillion dollars in debt brought on by the tax cut concern you?

Personally, I don’t trust the guy who’s made a living out of fucking contractors, investors, banks, and students out of their money to turn on a dime and make decisions that will be in our best interest but I guess he has gained your confidence.

obamacare did fuck all to reduce anyones cost in the long run it was a terrible program because h had no balls to really attack the issue which is cost of care.  

Just now, Angry ginger said:

obamacare did fuck all to reduce anyones cost in the long run it was a terrible program because h had no balls to really attack the issue which is cost of care.  

They were blinded by their hatred for ins co's. Even thou making the connection between high care costs and high Ins costs is elementary. 

Just now, steve from amherst said:

They were blinded by their hatred for ins co's. Even thou making the connection between high care costs and high Ins costs is elementary. 

yup remove the insurance companies completely and we would still have the highest costs in the world.  but docs now get to own big buildings big houses and drive 100k cars while  every patient they see while whining about how the insurance companies are unfair.  

5 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

Some better some worse.  There are actual numbers out there showing that employer sponsored plans had reduced rate of increase.  And that value of plans definitely increased because spending caps on care were removed and of course being able to even obtain insurance with pre-existing conditions helped a few.

Would be nice to see the cost of care go down though.

Edited by XC.Morrison

On 4/4/2018 at 11:38 AM, NaturallyAspirated said:

He seems to be doing the exact opposite of your assessment.  He is all to happy to make short term waves at the expense of long term chaos.  He lacks forsight and is a reactionary being.  He is a poor President and a poor leader.

Neal

Always the opposite

1 hour ago, Angry ginger said:

cost of care is the only thing that matters,  and making the system transparent  disgusting that billing someone 60k without insurance for surgery that the insurance company pays 6-10 grand 

They do that because they know the person isn't going to pay and then they can write it off and submit for reimbursement for ^0k instead of 10 k.

I'm not saying its right , I'm saying its what they do.

On 4/4/2018 at 9:40 AM, Im4snow said:

It's LONG been said that we as American's think too much about the here and now, and NOT enough about tomorrow.  Hyper focus on today without regard to tomorrow can often times lead to trouble down the road.  Anyone disagree?  

Unchecked borders and unchecked shenanigans from our trading partners come with potential ugly consequences for the avg legal American.  We're increasingly living through said consequences each day.

Say what you will about Trump (I think he could execute FAR differently).  But AT LEAST we finally have someone in office willing to sacrifice something in the short-run for a better long run (think border security and fair trade). 

Longer-term, China unchecked and open borders is a net liability to the avg legal American. Fixing said issues won't come cost free in the short-term...think return on investment.  :bc:   

Trump is doing the right thing AND because of that our long term prognosis as a country just got better.

On 4/4/2018 at 9:50 AM, XC.Morrison said:

Where was all this patience while decrying Obama's recovery as the slowest ever? 

first year economic performance, coupled with market performance, etc, has been marvelous.  Obama was 8 years of malaise.

On 4/4/2018 at 11:38 AM, NaturallyAspirated said:

He seems to be doing the exact opposite of your assessment.  He is all to happy to make short term waves at the expense of long term chaos.  He lacks forsight and is a reactionary being.  He is a poor President and a poor leader.

Neal

Neal the economy is alot bigger than soybeans. Do try and calm down. :bc: 

On 4/4/2018 at 2:05 PM, Angry ginger said:

Lol

Nothing thats going on right now in Washington should be impacting your sleep patterns :news: 

1 hour ago, DriftBusta said:

Trump is doing the right thing AND because of that our long term prognosis as a country just got better.

first year economic performance, coupled with market performance, etc, has been marvelous.  Obama was 8 years of malaise.

Neal the economy is alot bigger than soybeans. Do try and calm down. :bc: 

Nothing thats going on right now in Washington should be impacting your sleep patterns :news: 

Ya, it's bigger than soybeans, and HD, and Amazon.  You are so love blind you won't admit that we have an issue with Trump until the world comes crashing down.  Some kinda Trump colored glasses you have. 

I pity you.

Neal

On 4/4/2018 at 8:40 AM, Im4snow said:

It's LONG been said that we as American's think too much about the here and now, and NOT enough about tomorrow.  Hyper focus on today without regard to tomorrow can often times lead to trouble down the road.  Anyone disagree?  

Unchecked borders and unchecked shenanigans from our trading partners come with potential ugly consequences for the avg legal American.  We're increasingly living through said consequences each day.

Say what you will about Trump (I think he could execute FAR differently).  But AT LEAST we finally have someone in office willing to sacrifice something in the short-run for a better long run (think border security and fair trade). 

Longer-term, China unchecked and open borders is a net liability to the avg legal American. Fixing said issues won't come cost free in the short-term...think return on investment.  :bc:   

Rolling back fuel economy and emission standards definity fall into this catagory. 

9 hours ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

Ya, it's bigger than soybeans, and HD, and Amazon.  You are so love blind you won't admit that we have an issue with Trump until the world comes crashing down.  Some kinda Trump colored glasses you have. 

I pity you.

Neal

Oh, so the world is going to come crashing down now.  Got it.  I have plenty of issues with the guy, but I consider the alternatives, and I'm a big picture kind of guy.

Just now, DriftBusta said:

Oh, so the world is going to come crashing down now.  Got it.  I have plenty of issues with the guy, but I consider the alternatives, and I'm a big picture kind of guy.

Name the last president that you agreed with everything on. That's an open question for everybody.

• Like 1