Check your account email address ×

So.....I joined a genetics forum

Ooops. Just got a reminder.  Rules are lame!!!!

:lol:

Section 2: Posting
To maintain civility in discussions on SFN, the following rules are enforced:

1. Be civil.
    • No flaming. Refrain from insulting or attacking users in a discussion.
    • Avoid the use of vulgar language.
    1. Slurs or prejudice against any group of people (or person) are prohibited.

1 minute ago, DISABLED DAVE said:

Can I have the coles notes version of what this about?

I posted this yesterday, Ben disagreed.  The rest is history.  :lol:

Also..."POC's"(  :lmao: ) are more genetically disposed to sanction on the side of self preservation.  Ergo, mass shootings where escape is not really important isn't appealing to most of them.  I could exptrapolate this into more of a debate of the how's and why's of evolution but, this should be enough to send Moto gyrating. 

1 minute ago, steve from amherst said:

Sounds quite civil. Not fun , but civil.

Looks like it's for a lot of homework type stuff from what I've seen.  Some pretty good discussions in there though.  Not sure if I'm banned or what though now.  DUPE!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :lmao:

2 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Also..."POC's"(  :lmao: ) are more genetically disposed to sanction on the side of self preservation.  Ergo, mass shootings where escape is not really important isn't appealing to most of them.  I could exptrapolate this into more of a debate of the how's and why's of evolution but, this should be enough to send Moto gyrating. 

Thats a tough one.

12 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

No.  Well, maybe tomorrow.  Are you willing to debate it if I do?

I've read most of the last paper and while it is much more relevant there is no mention of difference in instinctual response among races and the paper deals almost entirely with cognitive differences between races and attributes this entirely to brain size. 

You made a very specific claim that I knew to be untrue......had you stated that "There are cognitive difference among races" I would have never argued that as its well accepted that the average scores for cognition vary by race and many many studies have showed the same result.

The only mention in the whole paper I can find of varying behavior by race is attributed to a study which makes very broad generalizations of personality traits based on race. 

Obviously no mention of self preservation or any base instinct such as flight freeze or flight.

2 minutes ago, DISABLED DAVE said:

Thats a tough one.

Yeah...but fun!  I used one word in the place of one I meant to use that would have been far more fitting...but Meh......  :lol:  I was cheing my way though a stack of pancakes and sausage at the time.  :lmao:

8 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I've read most of the last paper and while it is much more relevant there is no mention of difference in instinctual response among races and the paper deals almost entirely with cognitive differences between races and attributes this entirely to brain size. 

You made a very specific claim that I knew to be untrue......had you stated that "There are cognitive difference among races" I would have never argued that as its well accepted that the average scores for cognition vary by race and many many studies have showed the same result.

The only mention in the whole paper I can find of varying behavior by race is attributed to a study which makes very broad generalizations of personality traits based on race. 

Obviously no mention of self preservation or any base instinct such as flight freeze or flight.

Ok.  Good.  You should have been able to draw some of the same conclusions that I have.  I've got some others too but they are pretty scattered around my hd with various labels.  That's how I fucked the first link up.  Refering to "genetics" in my psot should have refered more to inherited or learned behavior.  But don't tell Ben that.  :lol:

Still fucked over there.  I think they are having a meeting about me!  :)  My "style" didn't go over very well.  And posting the wrong link..well...icing.  :lmao:

8 minutes ago, f7ben said:

How many days has he scoured the internet for that?

14 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

We've got an amateur Jordan Peterson on our hands now :lol: Care to bring lobsters into this?

7 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Yeah...but fun!  I used one word in the place of one I meant to use that would have been far more fitting...but Meh......  :lol:  I was cheing my way though a stack of pancakes and sausage at the time.  :lmao:

Just admit you're borderline illiterate already dude :lol: 

2 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Ok.  Good.  You should have been able to draw some of the same conclusions that I have.  I've got some others too but they are pretty scattered around my hd with various labels.  That's how I fucked the first link up.  Refering to "genetics" in my psot should have refered more to inherited or learned behavior.  But don't tell Ben that.  :lol:

Still fucked over there.  I think they are having a meeting about me!  :)  My "style" didn't go over very well.  And posting the wrong link..well...icing.  :lmao:

Yah....I would imagine we are banned :lol: 

Just now, Wildboer said:

We've got an amateur Jordan Peterson on our hands now :lol: Care to bring lobsters into this?

Just admit you're borderline illiterate already dude :lol: 

I ain't bringing the fucking lobsters!  The "illiterate" side of me is mostly the black part.  But, I am kinda lazy on words...I think that's honkeyshit...not real sure..  :lmao:

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

Yah....I would imagine we are banned :lol: 

Meh....flying to close to the sun on the wings of pastrami.  Still.....I haven't laughed this hard since......yesterday.  :lol:

EPIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

Meh....flying to close to the sun on the wings of pastrami.  Still.....I haven't laughed this hard since......yesterday.  :lol:

EPIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats on being involved in 40 pages of FSCE arguing........I would say this one is top 20 :lol: 

Just now, Zambroski said:

How did this compare to the "lug flick" debate?

Not close....that one spanned 3 forums at least....several engineers ......countless threads over the course of 5 years or so. Many in person drunken discussions and 15,500$ worth of bets :lol: 

• Like 1

Just now, f7ben said:

Not close....that one spanned 3 forums at least....several engineers ......countless threads over the course of 5 years or so. Many in person drunken discussions and 15,500$ worth of bets :lol: 

Sweeeeeeeeeeet Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1  LOlololZZZ

6 minutes ago, 1jkw said:

I can just imagine them jumping around high fiving one another.

Yeah...fucking dorks.  But I deserved it when I fucked up my own link.  And used, "condescending language".  :lol: 

Meanwhile, I know what a pussy feels like.  :lol:

6 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Yeah...fucking dorks.  But I deserved it when I fucked up my own link.  And used, "condescending language".  :lol: 

Meanwhile, I know what a pussy feels like.  :lol:

No one needs to know about your masturbation habits Zam.