Check your account email address ×

Market is taking a hit.

Just now, Edmo said:

All this tariff talk got the market uneasy. It’s still the right thinking to do though. Fuck China.

Indeed it is.  Market is about to make a few more thousand millionaires along with a few billionaires.  Maybe one can buy the DNC?

• Platinum Contributing Member

Tech stocks taking it in the ass today.

The other day Amazon was down $32 at one point then was up $40+ the next day.   Only about 4.5% change but not bad money in one day.   It drops much further today and I'm buying a ton of it.  

2 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Tech stocks taking it in the ass today.

The other day Amazon was down $32 at one point then was up $40+ the next day.   Only about 4.5% change but not bad money in one day.   It drops much further today and I'm buying a ton of it.  

I pulled out of the EM fund I was in this morning and glad I did.....it was overweight tech and has been underperforming all year so far. I'm gonna ride it out in a stable value fund for the next few months while the market throws a tantrum over trump tackling trade. We'll test new lows and I want no part of it 

• Platinum Contributing Member
3 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I pulled out of the EM fund I was in this morning and glad I did.....it was overweight tech and has been underperforming all year so far. I'm gonna ride it out in a stable value fund for the next few months while the market throws a tantrum over trump tackling trade. We'll test new lows and I want no part of it 

Some of the tech is overreaction to the whole Facebook thing.   The tariff deal shouldn't be impacting it much.   

Monday Amazon dropped to $1525.   I damn near pulled the trigger on a bunch of it.   By Wednesday it was already back at $1590.   Would have been a cool $8500 gain in just over a day.   

28 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Some of the tech is overreaction to the whole Facebook thing.   The tariff deal shouldn't be impacting it much.   

Monday Amazon dropped to $1525.   I damn near pulled the trigger on a bunch of it.   By Wednesday it was already back at $1590.   Would have been a cool $8500 gain in just over a day.   

I just think this trade thing is going to play out over the whole summer and there are many tantrums to come......I wouldnt be surprised if this coupled with rising rates etc had us testing some lower number than 23,500

1 minute ago, Momorider said:

Probably get two more 1/4 points this year i think they said :dunno: 

yup....which is all fine and good. Gotta keep a lid on the economy in some way. Removing idiotic Obama era policy has really let the cap off the shaken up bottle that wanted to pop for 6 years or so 

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

yup....which is all fine and good. Gotta keep a lid on the economy in some way. Removing idiotic Obama era policy has really let the cap off the shaken up bottle that wanted to pop for 6 years or so 

But Snot said Thrillery would have been better :lol: 

1 hour ago, Highmark said:

Its funny how people always seem to sell when the markets fall instead of buy.

45 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I just think this trade thing is going to play out over the whole summer and there are many tantrums to come......I wouldnt be surprised if this coupled with rising rates etc had us testing some lower number than 23,500

yep, butthurt blow back from the financial terrorists. Eventually they will get bored with not making money and will jump back in.