Check your account email address ×

California has worst 'quality of life' in US, study says

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, Nazipigdog said:

Lots of homeless all over the southwest. Phoenix has a shitload of homeless as does Albuquerque and the entire south. When I was in Miami last year they were everywhere. Same in Louisiana. The warmer climates will always have more homeless. 

Yep.  Not all home grown so to speak.   Amazing how they find a way to get there.  

Just now, Nazipigdog said:

Lots of homeless all over the southwest. Phoenix has a shitload of homeless as does Albuquerque and the entire south. When I was in Miami last year they were everywhere. Same in Louisiana. The warmer climates will always have more homeless. 

Ya i read your comment wrong...i thought you said just coastal. :bc:

We should have WORK CAMPS all over America, where these homeless can go, and do menial work for a roof over their heads. They degrade the quality of life hanging on the streets. 

15 hours ago, Kivalo said:

Geographically, California is spectacular. Mountains on one side and the ocean on the other and within an easy drive of one another. If you get rid of 75% of the people it would be a great place to live.

lol so you are saying you have not spent much time driving in CA then.

fucking nightmare . if I fly out to lax to hook up with my bud to go ridding sugar loaf we need to roll out of town at about 3am or you are adding min 3 hrs to the drive . same shit when I lived in SF we would have to roll out after bar close if we were going to Tahoe . fucking shit show overload

Edited by Ez ryder

• Gold Member
1 minute ago, Ez ryder said:

lol so you are saying you have not spent much time driving in CA then

Been there and driven it. I guess we have differing definitions of easy drives. It sure seems like an easy drive considering where I am now.  :dunno:

3 hrs is stop and go traffic is no ez drive in any book .

an my phone I have a video of my bud loading his rmk on the sled deck in Venice mid video homeless guy with his GI issue surplus back pack walks by classic LA

will post tomorrow

4 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

an my phone I have a video of my bud loading his rmk on the sled deck in Venice mid video homeless guy with his GI issue surplus back pack walks by classic LA

will post tomorrow

I lived in Venice for a couple years in the early 80’s. I think the population of homeless exceeds the regular population there. :lol: 

21 hours ago, Highmark said:

:pc:

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/03/01/california-has-worst-quality-life-in-us-study-says.html

Iowa, which scored highly in infrastructure and health care, took the top spot overall.

Let us know when you can surf in the morning and downhill ski in the afternoon in Iowa.

2 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

Let us know when you can surf in the morning and downhill ski in the afternoon in Iowa.

I lived in LA for 6 months and had no idea of the beautiful view I had of the Santa Monica mountains. It seemed cloudy and blah all winter. The winds and rain blew out the smog one spring day and wow! What a view!

:lol: 

19 hours ago, Nazipigdog said:

We have quite a few friends and family in California and visit there at least once a year. They are all doing very well. And we always have a tremendous time. But there are alot of homeless people there. However I have noticed that most coastal areas and southern climates have alot more homeless.

Going to Napa in the fall this year and am very much looking forward to it. 

If I was homeless I would be where it's warm, fuck trying to heat a cardboard box under Wacker Drive during the winter. Much more comfortable to be a sun and fun bum.

18 hours ago, Highmark said:

Yep.  Not all home grown so to speak.   Amazing how they find a way to get there.  

Amazing only from the small myopic view as seen from Podunk Iowa :lol: 

6 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

will post tomorrow

That is a beautiful thing, that is America, God Bless America and those lucky enough to be at Venice Beach in the morning and boondocking an RMK in the afternoon!!!! :fluffy: 

8 hours ago, Polaris 550 said:

We should have WORK CAMPS all over America, where these homeless can go, and do menial work for a roof over their heads. They degrade the quality of life hanging on the streets. 

This would work until you had a union rep complaining that the work being done by the homeless could be done by a union laborer.

2 hours ago, Mileage Psycho said:

That is a beautiful thing, that is America, God Bless America and those lucky enough to be at Venice Beach in the morning and boondocking an RMK in the afternoon!!!! :fluffy: 

good fucking luck with that 6hrs no traffic  . 8.5 hrs real world in that shit show bumper to bumper

44 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

good fucking luck with that 6hrs no traffic  . 8.5 hrs real world in that shit show bumper to bumper

We did the drive from San Fran to Tahoe 2 years ago. It wasnt bad. 

6 minutes ago, Nazipigdog said:

Iowa is great if you like watching corn grow and cows fuck. Other than that not much going on...

Ah its like southern saskatchewan minus the corn and the cows...

1 hour ago, Nazipigdog said:

It’s a nice drive over Donner’s pass, as long as it’s not prime time. Friday going up from the bay and Sunday coming back is pretty busy.

We NEVAH hear about ZERO POPULATION GROWTH in America!! 

Dr. Paul Erhlich was the ONLY guy that ever publicly called for it................................. FIFTY YEARS AGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Too many people, and too many low-grade people. Too many dirty people are breeding rampantly. That's the cause of most of America's ills. 

8 hours ago, Nazipigdog said:

sf is not neer as bad as L.A. to mammoth.  I have done that drive  many times in the 90s