Check your account email address ×

Serious question on gun control

ckf

Do you guys really believe we need to take away Americans rights to own guns? I  can't believe some of the fucked up shit I've been reading lately. 18 years old is old enough to serve  your country, but not old enough to own a gun :wtf:  I've said it before and I'll say it again, the prob;ems started in this country when we took the ability to discipline children away from the teachers and then the parents. The problem is what we have become as a society, not the guns.

I'm sure this has been discussed in other threads, but I can't keep up with everything that goes on around here :ashamed:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, ckf said:

Do you guys really believe we need to take away Americans rights to own guns? I  can't believe some of the fucked up shit I've been reading lately. 18 years old is old enough to serve  your country, but not old enough to own a gun :wtf:  I've said it before and I'll say it again, the prob;ems started in this country when we took the ability to discipline children away from the teachers and then the parents. The problem is what we have become as a society, not the guns.

I'm sure this has been discussed in other threads, but I can't keep up with everything that goes on around here :ashamed:

:iagree:

Just now, 01mxz800 said:

:iagree:

When I was in high school half of the trucks in the student parking lots had guns hanging in the back window. As amazing as it may seem, we didn't have a single shooting :dunno:

11 minutes ago, ckf said:

Agreed.  We have a unique social problem here in America that nobody wants to talk about.  

• Like 2

It's inevitable. Those country music bumpkins in Vegas were mostly staunch NRA fans. But watching their friends and families taken out by some random fuck up converted them. All it takes is to have your kids, grand kids, nieces or nephews wiped out by a gun nut to realize how fucking stupid it is to allow civilians that kind of firepower.  At one mass shooting per day on average, the scales will be tipped in the favour of intelligent  gun control. 

It won't just be people who lose loved ones.  America still has some real heroes who see beyond their selfish wants. 

The Janitor/coach stood in front of bullets, it takes less guts than that to actually realize your fascination with guns isn't healthy or intelligent and act accordingly.  

4 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Agreed.  We have a unique social problem here in America that nobody wants to talk about.  

I watched it happen back when I was in the canoe and kayak business. Kids would throw a fit in the store if the parents told them they couldn't have something. 99% of the time the parents would give in and get the kids what they wanted. If I pulled that shit when I was a kid I would have been sent to the car and paid the price when we got home.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ckf said:

I watched it happen back when I was in the canoe and kayak business. Kids would throw a fit in the store if the parents told them they couldn't have something. 99% of the time the parents would give in and get the kids what they wanted. If I pulled that shit when I was a kid I would have been sent to the car and paid the price when we got home.

So explain the Vegas shooter. How old was he? Did he get participation trophies, spend all day playing GTA?

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 minute ago, revkevsdi said:

So explain the Vegas shooter. How old was he? Did he get participation trophies, spend all day playing GTA?

Who knows...sometimes a nut is just a nut. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, ckf said:

Yep, that’s a big part of our issues. I just posted this next door:

Seriously, if we start enforcing some laws already on the books...we're gonna do some good.  And the reality is that nobody wants to talk about:  America has a unique social problem that isn't going to get fixed by banning guns.  Which, let's be honest, it is stupid to even pretend gun banning is going to happen.  This is Beta-cuck librul Canada!!!

Maybe less trophies for showing up?  More?  Maybe an acceptance that not everyone can be a superstar.  Maybe back down on the premature and unrealistic expulsions from school for "bullying" or, how about lessening the scope of what is considered bullying? And this is crazy, I know....how about teaching some to buck up and stop being such a bunch of disgruntled snowflakes hell bent for a cowardly revenge.  Fuck...what happened to good old fashioned fist fights?  Seems we are sure encouraging a lot of pent up anger to head into extreme mode.  Do kids even know how to make fists anymore?  Or is "making fists" something done in art class with a light and shaddows?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

You should just be quiet.  You can’t think logically on this subject due to your anti-gun thinking.  This isn’t Canada and all you do is twirl around in your chair with all the wrong solutions to all the wrong questions.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Who knows...sometimes a nut is just a nut. 

Ok, so let's go with the premise that America alone has created a couple of generations of people with no sympathy, self control, respect for their elders, work ethic, boundaries etc. On top of that 1 in 5 of the perfect generation will have a psychotic episode and maybe another group are just plain asshole losers who want to fuck up other people's lives.  

Since you have proven that there is no way to figure out who is going to snap, why would you want to allow those assholes the ability to destroy innocent lives? Why should they have the freedom to control your lives?

1 minute ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Jesus Christ same bunch of babble I just read...there has to be a way to keep guns out of the hands of mental detectives.

Detectives? :lmao:

Well, how can we determine all the mental “defectives”?  What is the tipping point?  Clearly we’ve missed enforcing the laws on this last one and maybe a few in the past but, as a whole, I don’t see how we can determine who will lose their mind and who won’t.  Is a threat enough?  Is a picture with a gun posted on Facebook enough?  How about seeking mental help?  Would that be enough to stop a purchase?  On mental meds?  Exactly what has to be done to take away constitutional rights?  And more importantly, who decides?

7 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

You should just be quiet.  You can’t think logically on this subject due to your anti-gun thinking.  This isn’t Canada and all you do is twirl around in your chair with all the wrong solutions to all the wrong questions.

You should stop reading my posts. You are far too stupid to think beyond what you have been told to think. 

Just go watch a re-run of Magnum.

I just said figure out a way to keep guns out of the hands of mental defectives. Banning guns is not an option and even if it were there are too many in circulation already and you are just being a cunt.....couple of generations blah, blah...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Detectives? :lmao:

Well, how can we determine all the mental “defectives”?  What is the tipping point?  Clearly we’ve missed enforcing the laws on this last one and maybe a few in the past but, as a whole, I don’t see how we can determine who will lose their mind and who won’t.  Is a threat enough?  Is a picture with a gun posted on Facebook enough?  How about seeking mental help?  Would that be enough to stop a purchase?  On mental meds?  Exactly what has to be done to take away constitutional rights?  And more importantly, who decides?

Fine....let's just remove all restrictions then....no permits, no background checks, etc....full autos...no problem. Hand grenades....sure why not. Using your logic why have any laws? Drunk driving....Go for it.

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

16 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

What's to explain? We have always hat nuts that like to do sick shit. Thing is a lo of it gets a lot more attention now because of the internet. Would banning guns have made a difference in Vegas? Banning guns would just keep them out of the hands of law abiding citizens IMO. BTW, how has the war on drugs worked out?

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, ckf said:

When I was in high school half of the trucks in the student parking lots had guns hanging in the back window. As amazing as it may seem, we didn't have a single shooting :dunno:

To bad America doesn't exist in 1960's rural America anymore, modern cultures need modern solutions.

Like it or not the world has progressed in a way we could have never imagined, it's not going to stop, human progression requires adaptation.

5 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Fine....let's just remove all restrictions then....no permits, no background checks, etc....full autos...no problem. Hand grenades....sure why not. Using your logic why have any laws? Drunk driving....Go for it.

That’s not what I said and that’s not my logic.  You went full librul on that answer and you’re better than that.  

Just now, Mileage Psycho said:

To bad America doesn't exist in 1960's rural America anymore, modern cultures need modern solutions.

Like it or not the world has progressed in a way we could have never imagined, it's not going to stop, human progression requires adaptation.

Would banning guns help cut down the murders associated with your city?

Just now, ckf said:

What's to explain? We have always hat nuts that like to do sick shit. Thing is a lo of it gets a lot more attention now because of the internet. Would banning guns have made a difference in Vegas? Banning guns would just keep them out of the hands of law abiding citizens IMO. BTW, how has the war on drugs worked out?

Hey, give me an example of a school shooting with an auto in your happy past, assuming that "always" covered your blessed era :news: 

Just now, Mileage Psycho said:

Hey, give me an example of a school shooting with an auto in your happy past, assuming that "always" covered your blessed era :news: 

I wasn't referring to school shootings in that post. I was answering revkev's post about the Vegas shooter :bc: