Check your account email address ×

Gunmaker Remington to file for bankruptcy

• Platinum Contributing Member

I realize lots of companies are producing guns these days but with the amount of them being sold I'd say you have to manage you business pretty shitty not to stay in the black.

Gunmaker Remington to file for bankruptcy

http://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/2018/02/13/gunmaker-remington-to-file-for-bankruptcy.html

Still love the old 1100.   I'd like to find a good used one.   Heavy but shoots well.

Didn't they have to replace triggers on millions of model 700 rifles some years back or did they make people pay for them?

1 minute ago, small-bore said:

I hunted ducks and birds with one of those for years. They're a bit clubby and heavy.

Yeah but for 150 bucks I figured why not...I used to have a 870 Wingmaster 20 guage. What a nice gun that was.

Just now, Jimmy Snacks said:

Yeah but for 150 bucks I figured why not...I used to have a 870 Wingmaster 20 guage. What a nice gun that was.

870's are great pumps.   More of them sold than any other shotgun in the world.  That's a great deal.  

Edited by Highmark
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, BOHICA said:

Legal bills pilling up...  easiest way for Remington to deal with lawsuits coming out of Newtown...  this is prolly a big blow to the hopes of the parents of the sandy hook victims....

That's going nowhere with the makeup of this supreme court.   It will be interesting to see how its voted.  Should be 9-0 because it would open up liability to so many companies (not just firearms) who had nothing to do with accidents or even murders.  Our courts would be inundated with cases.  

PLCAA should take care of it anyway.   

Edited by Highmark

Their plant in Ilion, NY I drive by a few times a month, I did today, and I will tomorrow,  they pretty much they employ the entire town, the plant is pretty much the entire town, so in anti-gun NYS,  huge property taxes with zero tax breaks as they king of NY Cuomo demands all legal guns be gone..