Check your account email address ×

Police recruitment for new officers.

10 hours ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

The problem isn't pay and recruitment. The problem is culture in my opinion. There is a large disconnect in the police force and the everyday citizen. Not across the board, and not all of them of course. It wasn't as if the average cop was more qualified, intelligent, etc back in the day. The culture was different. At some point, it became us vs them. Officers were trained differently. Reacted differently. 

Just this weekend my old man and I were pulled over. We both had bought WI trail passes last week, and they hadn't arrived (We both had the receipts showing proof of purchase). We were stopped for not having the sticker. Everything about the whole encounter was clinical and cold. I walked over to my dad at one point as he was talking to the officer, and I received a stern, "Sir, go back to your sled and sit down." As if either of us was a threat. As if either of us needed to be treated like we were doing something illegal. It was pathetic. That is unacceptable to me. No wonder they cant recruit. Why would anyone want to join a force that treats people as a constant threat? Where is the human compassion and situational appropriate handling of those they interact with?

back then they were't programmed that everyone is trying to kill them so they interacted better with the public.  Statistically  police work is not more dangerous than it was in the past they just like to act like everyday is a near death experience. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

back then they were't programmed that everyone is trying to kill them so they interacted better with the public.  Statistically  police work is not more dangerous than it was in the past they just like to act like everyday is a near death experience. 

Yeah, is it necessary for them all to wear bullet proof vests....as part of their uniform?  Why have they made themselves their own targets of civilization?  Come on.

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member

Not only are most younger cops ex military , but in many instances don't interact with their community aside from a professional setting. When I was a kid there was always a cop downtown on foot , bullshitting with 1/2 the people walking by.

11 hours ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

The problem isn't pay and recruitment. The problem is culture in my opinion. There is a large disconnect in the police force and the everyday citizen. Not across the board, and not all of them of course. It wasn't as if the average cop was more qualified, intelligent, etc back in the day. The culture was different. At some point, it became us vs them. Officers were trained differently. Reacted differently. 

Just this weekend my old man and I were pulled over. We both had bought WI trail passes last week, and they hadn't arrived (We both had the receipts showing proof of purchase). We were stopped for not having the sticker. Everything about the whole encounter was clinical and cold. I walked over to my dad at one point as he was talking to the officer, and I received a stern, "Sir, go back to your sled and sit down." As if either of us was a threat. As if either of us needed to be treated like we were doing something illegal. It was pathetic. That is unacceptable to me. No wonder they cant recruit. Why would anyone want to join a force that treats people as a constant threat? Where is the human compassion and situational appropriate handling of those they interact with?

I do think too many cops have this "everyone's a threat" attitude.   Too many probably sit at home watching "Cops" or "Live PD."   When I got stopped on new years eve the young Sheriff asked me if I was armed on the way back to his patrol car.  Been stopped a lot over the years and that was the first time I'd ever been asked that.   He had his back turned to me when he asked too which I thought was pretty inexperienced and stupid.     

58 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

Not only are most younger cops ex military , but in many instances don't interact with their community aside from a professional setting. When I was a kid there was always a cop downtown on foot , bullshitting with 1/2 the people walking by.

The paranoia level has increased among cops. Mostly a product of their own internal messaging system and a strong push of entitlement by the likes of Fox News. Death of those killed in the line of dury has remained static, except for traffic related deaths which has skyrocketed. Driving like an idiot will do that. 

3 hours ago, Zambroski said:

Don’t cops get paid?  How many cops kill people?  How many actually pull their weapon in the line of duty?

Meh,  I’m all for policing ourselves.  Things would get better immediately.  Let’s do that.. 

Yup. That's why people had respect back in the "good ole days"!

Talk shit, get hit!

eastwoodgbugun.jpg

1 hour ago, spin_dry said:

The paranoia level has increased among cops. Mostly a product of their own internal messaging system and a strong push of entitlement by the likes of Fox News. Death of those killed in the line of dury has remained static, except for traffic related deaths which has skyrocketed. Driving like an idiot will do that. 

deaths in the 20s 30's and 70's even not adjusted for population growth were dramatically higher adjusted for population never been less i would guess.  took 9/11 to reach what was a normal death rate over much of that time and that was an obvious anomaly

Hey machzpeestain, how much do they pay you down at the pheasant lane? More than fox run? Steeplegate? Are you a big boy and work the Manchester mall? 

11 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

That is fucked up...thankfully the local cops here are all pretty cool and realize they work in small town Northern Michigan where most people are chill and just go about their day in a normal way.

I'd say it's 60 40 here . Some guy's are fine,  doing a good job , know how to deal with people and generally , just looking to keep the peace and help people out when they can.    then you get the jerkoffs in the military style garb that have watched too many movies and talk like angry robots ....  just looking for a reason to unholster a weapon and or prove to somebody how incharge that they are.  Fuck them .  :bc:

5 hours ago, Shifty said:

Hey machzpeestain, how much do they pay you down at the pheasant lane? More than fox run? Steeplegate? Are you a big boy and work the Manchester mall? 

At least I got a job ..................................:slacker:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7 hours ago, polaris550 said:

At least I got a job ..................................:slacker:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not sure where you info comes from peestain,ive got plenty of work lol. Do they let you drive those nifty white Ford rangers with the yellow light and security stickers?

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Sal Rosenberg said:

I'd say it's 60 40 here . Some guy's are fine,  doing a good job , know how to deal with people and generally , just looking to keep the peace and help people out when they can.    then you get the jerkoffs in the military style garb that have watched too many movies and talk like angry robots ....  just looking for a reason to unholster a weapon and or prove to somebody how incharge that they are.  Fuck them .  :bc:

heros every one of them i'm telling you.  

Not sure where you info comes from peestain,ive got plenty of work lol. Do they let you drive those nifty white Ford rangers with the yellow light and security stickers?

OK, what was your Total ADjusted Income reported on your 2016 tax return? 

Hey everybody, It's Buddy Backstabber, also known as Shitty, I mean Shifty!!! 

On 2/12/2018 at 5:15 AM, Zambroski said:

I think this is excellent.  Doesn't bother me a bit to have less cops at all on the streets.  'Course....I don't need them on my street, so.......good luck for those that do...you know, the ones that need them desperately and fill the 911 logs with their calls but then, bash, threaten, fight, lie and sue them every chance they get.  Handle things yourselves.  You are all clearly really spectacular at good life decisions.  Hell....I think cops should just walk off the job as a matter of fact.  Just for a half day.  Let's see how it all works out.

:bc:

Cops could quit doing alot of the shit they do and nothing would change for the worse. 

Look no further than NYC when the cops were throwing their hissy fit over their mayor. 

They quit doing their shakedowns and nothing changed even though they thought they were gonna show everyone how much they'd be missed.  :lol:

3 hours ago, polaris550 said:

Hey everybody, It's Buddy Backstabber, also known as Shitty, I mean Shifty!!! 

Do you get all tact'd out, or are you the white new balance, khakis and windbreaker type of mall cop?

Edited by Shifty

22 hours ago, Sal Rosenberg said:

Sounds about right.

Our county cops are fine.  Met a lot if them and their good dudes. Been let off on so many speeding tickets.  Usually get the 👍bad ass ride .... just slow it down.

DNR on the other hand.... complete assholes!

Next town over with their own police force.... Military style haircuts, military vehicles, ambush policing,  dick heads.

Even the county cops hate them.

7 hours ago, Shifty said:

Do you get all tact'd out, or are you the white new balance, khakis and windbreaker type of mall cop?

So, what did you report for TOTAL ADJUSTED INCOME for 2016? 

You can run Shitty, but you can't hide. 

On 2/12/2018 at 10:01 AM, spin_dry said:

I bet I have been pulled over at least a dozen times in my life where the officer approached me with his hand on his gun and kept it on it most of the time we interacted. Going back to the early 90's. 

8 hours ago, polaris550 said:

So, what did you report for TOTAL ADJUSTED INCOME for 2016? 

You can run Shitty, but you can't hide. 

What did I make or what did I report?? BIG difference peestain. I charge out at $45/hr for field work and sell every Piece of custom work I make. No one believes you and your grand wealth stories Mr brown Bvd's, just like your imaginary police career.  Lmao. 

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Cold War said:

Sounds about right.

Our county cops are fine.  Met a lot if them and their good dudes. Been let off on so many speeding tickets.  Usually get the 👍bad ass ride .... just slow it down.

DNR on the other hand.... complete assholes!

Next town over with their own police force.... Military style haircuts, military vehicles, ambush policing,  dick heads.

Even the county cops hate them.

City and County guys here aren’t too bad....State Police on the other hand. Look no further than the Larry Sevenski beating....SMH.

My Dad was a huge police supporter, always took the police side in every story......until a couple years ago.

We were headed to a show and his big block firebird started to overheat. He pulls into one of those turn abounds  to check it out. Next thing he knows, got a cop on him.  The guy come through the window at him, throws the car in park, and starts upholstering  his gun.    My Dad is 70 years old and this idiot is telling him how he is going drag him out of the car. He still doesn't  understand how it escalated to that point. :lol: 

• Haha 1

What did I make or what did I report?? BIG difference peestain. I charge out at $45/hr for field work and sell every Piece of custom work I make. No one believes you and your grand wealth stories Mr brown Bvd's, just like your imaginary police career.  Lmao. 

Take a pic of your return page, just leave out your SS# and name. 

Post it Shitty, post it!!!   

I know you don't make much. I bet you're gonna' apply for food stamps.