Check your account email address ×

Police recruitment for new officers.

The problem isn't pay and recruitment. The problem is culture in my opinion. There is a large disconnect in the police force and the everyday citizen. Not across the board, and not all of them of course. It wasn't as if the average cop was more qualified, intelligent, etc back in the day. The culture was different. At some point, it became us vs them. Officers were trained differently. Reacted differently. 

Just this weekend my old man and I were pulled over. We both had bought WI trail passes last week, and they hadn't arrived (We both had the receipts showing proof of purchase). We were stopped for not having the sticker. Everything about the whole encounter was clinical and cold. I walked over to my dad at one point as he was talking to the officer, and I received a stern, "Sir, go back to your sled and sit down." As if either of us was a threat. As if either of us needed to be treated like we were doing something illegal. It was pathetic. That is unacceptable to me. No wonder they cant recruit. Why would anyone want to join a force that treats people as a constant threat? Where is the human compassion and situational appropriate handling of those they interact with?

• Like 4

• Gold Member
1 minute ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

The problem isn't pay and recruitment. The problem is culture in my opinion. There is a large disconnect in the police force and the everyday citizen. Not across the board, and not all of them of course. It wasn't as if the average cop was more qualified, intelligent, etc back in the day. The culture was different. At some point, it became us vs them. Officers were trained differently. Reacted differently. 

Just this weekend my old man and I were pulled over. We both had bought WI trail passes last week, and they hadn't arrived (We both had the receipts showing proof of purchase). We were stopped for not having the sticker. Everything about the whole encounter was clinical and cold. I walked over to my dad at one point as he was talking to the officer, and I received a stern, "Sir, go back to your sled and sit down." As if either of us was a threat. As if either of us needed to be treated like we were doing something illegal. It was pathetic. That is unacceptable to me. No wonder they cant recruit. Why would anyone want to join a force that treats people as a constant threat? Where is the human compassion and situational appropriate handling of those they interact with?

Yep, I think your absolutely right.

HA! HA! HA! A Boston cop made $420,000.00 last year. Obviously the fucker was working every detail/overtime shift he could get his hands on, and was most likely a worthless fuck that never did anything. 

Mass. State Troopers were regularly pulling down in the $240,000.00 + range at Logan Airport. 

With overtime/ and details the pigs make a bundle. Reported in the Boston Globe a few years ago. 

N.H. obviously pays less. 

I think this is excellent.  Doesn't bother me a bit to have less cops at all on the streets.  'Course....I don't need them on my street, so.......good luck for those that do...you know, the ones that need them desperately and fill the 911 logs with their calls but then, bash, threaten, fight, lie and sue them every chance they get.  Handle things yourselves.  You are all clearly really spectacular at good life decisions.  Hell....I think cops should just walk off the job as a matter of fact.  Just for a half day.  Let's see how it all works out.

:bc:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
8 hours ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

That is fucked up...thankfully the local cops here are all pretty cool and realize they work in small town Northern Michigan where most people are chill and just go about their day in a normal way.

5 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

That is fucked up...thankfully the local cops here are all pretty cool and realize they work in small town Northern Michigan where most people are chill and just go about their day in a normal way.

Same here.  All I've ever spoke with or "dealt" with are pretty decent if not a bit funny.  350 pounder with pants tucked in boots and a jar head cut.  Come on!  :lol: Watching that shit walk up in my side mirror made me really practice holding back the giggles.  :lmao:

Still....was a decent enough guy.  Just liked his breads!!!!  :lol:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Same here.  All I've ever spoke with or "dealt" with are pretty decent if not a bit funny.  350 pounder with pants tucked in boots and a jar head cut.  Come on!  :lol: Watching that shit walk up in my side mirror made me really practice holding back the giggles.  :lmao:

Still....was a decent enough guy.  Just liked his breads!!!!  :lol:

Yeah those types are always good for a chuckle. :justsaying:

9 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

I hear about dick cops a lot. Have never actually met one myself. Respect , it's a 2 way street.

I've had more "seat time" in the back of a cruiser than most, and with the exception of once where my mouth runneth over, I've always treated them with respect, and got treated the same...even though they didn't need to.

7 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Yeah those types are always good for a chuckle. :justsaying:

Rambo wannabes.  Priceless.  Oh well.  Everybody wants to be a "hero" these days, and apparently, being a hero just means wearng a uniform so...  :dunno:

Had an officer driving around last summer going house to house with a lost dog in his back seat trying to find it's owner before it was hit by a car.  I called the neighbors I knew and he stopped back by and told me he found the owner.  Good guy.  Wait...I mean...I mean..... BOOTLICKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Idiots.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

Maybe it’s getting tougher to find men that are willing to shoot people that are begging for their life? 

2 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Maybe it’s getting tougher to find men that are willing to shoot people that are begging for their life? 

Well, that can’t be true.  They should try recruiting out of Chicago....or similar.  Plenty of “pew...pewers” out there.

Just now, Zambroski said:

Well, that can’t be true.  They should try recruiting out of Chicago....or similar.  Plenty of “pew...pewers” out there.

Killings in Chicago are for money profit. A man has got to eat. They needs cops that have ego investment in a killing. Big difference. 

5 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Killings in Chicago are for money profit. A man has got to eat. They needs cops that have ego investment in a killing. Big difference. 

:lol: Way to justify it as "A OK"

5 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Don’t cops get paid?  How many cops kill people?  How many actually pull their weapon in the line of duty?

Meh,  I’m all for policing ourselves.  Things would get better immediately.  Let’s do that.. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

Well said