Check your account email address ×

ontario shed nearly 60,000 jobs after massive minimum wage hike

Rod

9 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

so you would pay some know nothing dip shit 15 bucks to train them to do your job then ?  yeah sure you would. fucking  tool

10 bucks I can afford to keep them around to move some shit and sweep and then teach them something when I have time. 15 not worth it when I can hire a guy who knows how to use a saw and read a tape for 20 all day . keeping a lot of people out of work is what this dose

Business n00bs don’t get this 

• Platinum Contributing Member
4 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

so that is why service stations are now closed early and on weekends ?

I can tell you 1 thing I am not paying some dipshit 15bucks a hr to teach them a trade .    

Don't worry , you will not have too. You will have to pay them $18-$20. They can make $15 working in an air conditioned building they will not want to work a trade for $15.

Then when you pay them $20 your $20 an hr guy will want $25. Cant realy blame him. Nor can blame the $25 hr guy for wanting $ 30. 

Now add in extra costs for SS , UI and workmans comp , all based on payroll . No problem , just raise your rates to cover it. That increase your gross sales. Liability insurance is based on gross sales . So another cost increase. No problem , raise your rates again. Now everyone of your employees got a raise , except you. With the inflation caused by everyone elses higher wages , ins ect what you are making is worth less. No problem , raise your rates again. Now the phone slows down and you don't need the $15 laborer anymore .

See , I told you no worry , you want have to pay it.

Problem is the older folks on SS are not going to get a COLA worth 20 % They may get 3 % in a real good yr. Not enough to keep up with the inflation caused by min wage hike. So now their buying power will decrease. 

10 hours ago, Arctic Cat Destroyer said:

:lol:

As long as you believe what you want...that’s all that matters.  I still find it astonishing that you are a business owners 

3 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

:lol:

As long as you believe what you want...that’s all that matters.  I still find it astonishing that you are a business owners 

I lived in Seattle for a short while. My mom lived there for about 20 years. I still know quite a few people there and visit once in a while. I'll take advice about Seattle from a bunch of internet beat offs with the same seriousness as I will on their expertise of where I live and work. 

2 minutes ago, Arctic Cat Destroyer said:

I lived in Seattle for a short while. My mom lived there for about 20 years. I still know quite a few people there and visit once in a while. I'll take advice about Seattle from a bunch of internet beat offs with the same seriousness as I will on their expertise of where I live and work. 

TransZam :owned: 

TransZam :groin: Anar. :lmao: 

3 minutes ago, Arctic Cat Destroyer said:

Good for you!  If you listen to the ones you know that tell you what you want to hear, that’s excellent.  This is an epic failure and he cite us trying like hell to pay for it and keep it quiet.

Just now, Zambroski said:

Good for you!  If you listen to the ones you know that tell you what you want to hear, that’s excellent.  This is an epic failure and he cite us trying like hell to pay for it and keep it quiet.

That and I actually have been there. :lol:

1 minute ago, Arctic Cat Destroyer said:

That and I actually have been there. :lol:

So have I.  Yet, weirdly, that may not make either of us experts on their current economic situation.  It appears as though you claim it does.

Do you have he internet?  Look things up.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, steve from amherst said:

Its a high wage area it can support it. 

Exactly. It's the same here. The union scale in Chicago for our guys is $10 total package) an hour higher than it is just 60 miles away. But zam and the rejects from beat off island like to delve into the rhetoric. 

2 minutes ago, Arctic Cat Destroyer said:

Exactly. It's the same here. The union scale in Chicago for our guys is $10 total package) an hour higher than it is just 60 miles away. But zam and the rejects from beat off island like to delve into the rhetoric. 

You are an economic idiot.  Again, quite astonishing you own your own show.  Large cities are great areas for inept business owners.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ArcticCrusher said:

There is always the fear jobs migrading away to lower cost states, cause its actually happening.  Going to seatac in a week.

Oh absolutely. But to raise it across the board would be worse. Got to $15 in Alabama and damn near every mower jockey and house cleaner would be out of business.

4 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

So have I.  Yet, weirdly, that may not make either of us experts on their current economic situation.  It appears as though you claim it does.

Do you have he internet?  Look things up.  

I like to form my own conclusions and opinions. Minimum wage hikes have not had the "assumed" negative affects they said. Any short term pull backs will eventually even out as businesses will struggle to operate understaffed. Prices will adjust and life will go on. I deal with this everyday with labor, vendor, material and permit prices. 

Higher wages historically result in more economic activity but I'm sure you can provide links to the contrary. :handjob:

Just now, Arctic Cat Destroyer said:

I like to form my own conclusions and opinions. Minimum wage hikes have not had the "assumed" negative affects they said. Any short term pull backs will eventually even out as businesses will struggle to operate understaffed. Prices will adjust and life will go on. I deal with this everyday with labor, vendor, material and permit prices. 

Higher wages historically result in more economic activity but I'm sure you can provide links to the contrary. :handjob:

It actually takes about 10-12 months for it to equal out. Once that happens the benefit of the raise is gone . Leaving the low wage worker exactly where he was before. Then those on SS without other income are kinda fucked.

3 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

You are an economic idiot.  Again, quite astonishing you own your own show.  Large cities are great areas for inept business owners.  

Right. I was just voted onto the board of directors of our contractors association. Cuz I'm an inept idiot. We call ourselves the "Big city inept business owners association" 

4 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

Oh absolutely. But to raise it across the board would be worse. Got to $15 in Alabama and damn near every mower jockey and house cleaner would be out of business.

Alabama can't support that, none of those shithole southern states can. That's where people move to become poor. 

1 minute ago, Arctic Cat Destroyer said:

Oh, I can provide many, MANY links “to the contrary.  But seeing as how you are convinced, then why bother?

Astonishing really.  Seriously.  Seattle is drowning but, eventually, many those “old minimum wagers” will be driven out into surrounding areas and other cities.  That will make it “look better”, but it’s a social disaster.  Wage hikes need to be carefully considered to more closely match area economic conditions.  Not provide raises for the reason of providing wages. Liberal idiocy!

4 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

It actually takes about 10-12 months for it to equal out. Once that happens the benefit of the raise is gone . Leaving the low wage worker exactly where he was before. Then those on SS without other income are kinda fucked.

No not really. It's still entry level wages so it's not like your going to be able to buy a house and 2 cars. $7.25 is not even worth showing up for. After taxes it barely pays for gas to get to work.