Check your account email address ×

Love the Telemarketers

• Platinum Contributing Member

Thing that pisses me off the most is they have trained all of America to not answer their phone. During my season when I get in the office in the afternoon I have 30=45 messages. There are nights I will make 8-9 calls before I get someone that answers. Now most my messages back say " e mail me "

Caller... "how are you today"

Me... "I'm glad you asked. Nobody really seems to care any more. It started this morning when the alarm clock didn't go off and I slept in. Then my wife blamed it on me.... and very soon they hang up.

The ones I have the most fun with are those claiming to be from Microsoft and they have found a problem on my computer.

8 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

I've got cordless phone which allow you to block up to 250 numbers, once you block any number, your phone won't ring at all if they try to call you.

Oh but they have new tricks now. They call from different numbers. Most have the same office code as my phone (middle 3 numbers after the area code), that’s how I can tell. I worked in the phone business for years and know all their tricks.

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, Edmo said:

Oh but they have new tricks now. They call from different numbers. Most have the same office code as my phone (middle 3 numbers after the area code), that’s how I can tell. I worked in the phone business for years and know all their tricks.

Last week they called my wife from my number.

2 minutes ago, Edmo said:

My phone is a business phone and I used to get dozens of spam calls a week, now maybe 2-3 a month and I block those too..it fixed the issue at 99%.

Just now, steve from amherst said:

Last week they called my wife from my number.

Many of my customers were telemarketing firms. They’re pretty sneaky that way. The stuff that goes on in these places would not be accepted at most businesses. Got to get the sale!!!!!!11111

A few years back everyone I know was getting automated calls aboot winning a boat trip. Fuckin annoying.  All hours, didn't matter . Think they found oot who was behind it and charges were laid.  Calls stopped . I had them on my cells blacklist, but they kept coming up with new fuckin numbers . 

Then we started getting emails aboot cra refunds:lol:

1 minute ago, XCR1250 said:

My phone is a business phone and I used to get dozens of spam calls a week, now maybe 2-3 a month and I block those too..it fixed the issue at 99%.

I do as well if I see that same number. Hard to block a whole range of numbers though.

1 minute ago, XCR1250 said:

These phones (I have 13) has a "block a range of numbers " feature, works very good.

No concearn about blocking legitimate calls? You block a whole range you may be missing some business.

6 minutes ago, Edmo said:

No concearn about blocking legitimate calls? You block a whole range you may be missing some business.

Haven't had any issue yet, legit businesses have my cell number, Fax number, & e-mail addy too.

Edited by XCR1250

6 hours ago, steve from amherst said:

Thing that pisses me off the most is they have trained all of America to not answer their phone. During my season when I get in the office in the afternoon I have 30=45 messages. There are nights I will make 8-9 calls before I get someone that answers. Now most my messages back say " e mail me "

I have canceled several yearly blanket orders with long time vendor because they don’t answe the phone and instant text or email,, “what can I help you with”

suddenly Im getting a lot of sales call to seek “ how can we help your company “

too late ,

Edited by Sleepr2

1 hour ago, xcr700 said:

A few years back everyone I know was getting automated calls aboot winning a boat trip. Fuckin annoying.  All hours, didn't matter . Think they found oot who was behind it and charges were laid.  Calls stopped . I had them on my cells blacklist, but they kept coming up with new fuckin numbers . 

Then we started getting emails aboot cra refunds:lol:

I kept getting faxes to my business line , finally plugged it into the fax , found out who it was and called and asked him to stop, it was an automated line , he quite rudely told me to “just hang up”    After I called his home a couple dozen times and had a few of my pals do the same thing at all hours of the day he called and pleaded with to stop ,,,,,,,

i told  him. “Just hang up”   :thumbsup:

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

for about a yr T mobile has a pop up that says scam likely when it is a well telemarketer /scam . got to say I like it allot

that said I did enjoy the . hi how are you today . well I am great now that I have the lord Jesus Crist in my life . have you been saved   ?    

Edited by Ez ryder