Check your account email address ×

Dow 26,000:

3 hours ago, f7ben said:

I sold the turbo short S&P etf with a 1.2% gain and promptly bought a RUT turbo short etf and am down 9.5% on that trade. Although the cookie is going to crumble here shortly. I am long short and this little bubble were riding doesnt bother me.

Do I have 8 months of bubble left?

Neal

10 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

I was you 25 years ago.  Im trying to help you out here. :lol: 

I only learn the hard way lol....you know that.

42 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Look man.....I've never been right about stocks one fucking time in my life. Eventually I'm going to hit one out of the park :lol:

The stock market basically sucks. However, you can make some money in it, but there is always that fukken INHERENT RISK.

This is my advice: Put no more than about 40-50 % of your liquid wealth in the market. 

Pick about 10 solid, DIVERSIFIED stocks. 

Enroll them in DIVIDEND RE-INVESTMENTS. 

Never look back. Let them sit and smoulder for 30 years. At some point, barring this fukken country's implosion, you will reach a point like I have, where you really can make a bunch of money. 

48 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Look man.....I've never been right about stocks one fucking time in my life. Eventually I'm going to hit one out of the park :lol:

find yourself a good independent financial adviser with 15+ years of experience and the availability to most investment vehicles and come up with a plan.  its going to take way more than you think if you really ant to retire early esp if you don't have a pension that can pay out everything you need.  

31 minutes ago, Polaris 550 said:

The stock market basically sucks. However, you can make some money in it, but there is always that fukken INHERENT RISK.

This is my advice: Put no more than about 40-50 % of your liquid wealth in the market. 

Pick about 10 solid, DIVERSIFIED stocks. 

Enroll them in DIVIDEND RE-INVESTMENTS. 

Never look back. Let them sit and smoulder for 30 years. At some point, barring this fukken country's implosion, you will reach a point like I have, where you really can make a bunch of money. 

You lost me at 40-50%.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

find yourself a good independent financial adviser with 15+ years of experience and the availability to most investment vehicles and come up with a plan.  its going to take way more than you think if you really ant to retire early esp if you don't have a pension that can pay out everything you need.  

You need to do a lot more research prior.  An advisor should confirm what you are already thinking if you're doing it right.

1 minute ago, ArcticCrusher said:

You lost me at 40-50%.

It was meant for Benny no Penny. I'm almost 72, and I have WAY TOO MUCH invested in the stock portfolio. 

Other than my checking account, I would be in tough shape if the market imploded. I have to re-allocate out of the market...……….into a bank!!! 

Problem is...…...I like seeing what I make on a good day in the market. In the last two years ( Trump years ) I really made a goodly amount. It's hard to break away from that. 

Ben should not PLAY the market, but let it sit and ferment. 

Just now, ArcticCrusher said:

You need to do a lot more research prior.  An advisor should confirm what you are already thinking if you're doing it right.

95% of the population doesnt have the time, attention or resources to do that.  The resources a good advisor can bring to the table is worth every dime of their fees.  And as far as the 15 year experience comment, service is what makes the difference,  An attentive advisor who follows the markets and meets with you 2-4x a year usually blows the set it and forget it guys out of the water.  Most portfolios managed automatically are lucky to stay within a few points of the s+p index.

3 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

95% of the population doesnt have the time, attention or resources to do that.  The resources a good advisor can bring to the table is worth every dime of their fees.  And as far as the 15 year experience comment, service is what makes the difference,  An attentive advisor who follows the markets and meets with you 2-4x a year usually blows the set it and forget it guys out of the water.  Most portfolios managed automatically are lucky to stay within a few points of the s+p index.

The 15 year comment means shit to me.  I do look for investments with long proven track records though.

4 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

The 15 year comment means shit to me.  I do look for investments with long proven track records though.

Exactly my 

point.  I take business all the time from far  more ”experienced” advisors.  All the initials in the world means little if your “little” 500,000:dollar portfolio isnt worth their time.  Another epiphany ive learned from this business.  .  :bc: 

3 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Exactly my 

point.  I take business all the time from far  more ”experienced” advisors.  All the initials in the world means little if your “little” 500,000:dollar portfolio isnt worth their time.  Another epiphany ive learned from this business.  .  :bc: 

I always laughed at that mentality.  You need to have made your money before someone important will look at you.

From personal experience, there is zero difference in what is available.  Sure a high net worth individual will get a free financial plan to tell him he really doesn't need one anyways, but that's about it.:lol:

On 5/1/2019 at 8:42 PM, Angry ginger said:

Best thing I ever did, wish i did it sooner

On 5/1/2019 at 10:51 PM, ArcticCrusher said:

I always laughed at that mentality.  You need to have made your money before someone important will look at you.

From personal experience, there is zero difference in what is available.  Sure a high net worth individual will get a free financial plan to tell him he really doesn't need one anyways, but that's about it.:lol:

i want a guy whose experienced the ups and downs of the market and has a full product mix available which is not always the case in captured environments.  Just wish i was cool enough that when i go to fidelity that the manager rushed down to bring me upstairs.  Whats odd is I go to the one thats also most local for snotty and it doesn't have an upstairs :news:  

38 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

i want a guy whose experienced the ups and downs of the market and has a full product mix available which is not always the case in captured environments.  Just wish i was cool enough that when i go to fidelity that the manager rushed down to bring me upstairs.  Whats odd is I go to the one thats also most local for snotty and it doesn't have an upstairs :news:  

AG, they come to me, either my office or home.:lol:

None of them have a full product mix available so they are limited to what they can get commissions for.  For example, no load funds will never get a nod and my lastest private REIT's bought through a private placement subscription agreement would also be slimely swayed against.:lol:

42 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

AG, they come to me, either my office or home.:lol:

None of them have a full product mix available so they are limited to what they can get commissions for.  For example, no load funds will never get a nod and my lastest private REIT's bought through a private placement subscription agreement would also be slimely swayed against.:lol:

that was a shot at snotty- I have been to the fidelity office once because i needed a medallion for a transfer of some funds from a previous employer.  Every decent FA i know goes out to meet with their clients mine actually called yesterday to see if he could come sit down.

I've actually looked at some private reits to get some more diversity,  I assume you guys are similar up there requiring a private investor be accredited in order to invest in those.  I'm thinking a little diversity in my self directed IRA might be good given the long upswing we have seen.  

36 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

that was a shot at snotty- I have been to the fidelity office once because i needed a medallion for a transfer of some funds from a previous employer.  Every decent FA i know goes out to meet with their clients mine actually called yesterday to see if he could come sit down.

I've actually looked at some private reits to get some more diversity,  I assume you guys are similar up there requiring a private investor be accredited in order to invest in those.  I'm thinking a little diversity in my self directed IRA might be good given the long upswing we have seen.  

I know.:lol:

Private REIT's are great, the two companies I did my DD on, one I'm in and the other I was considering have actually kicked most funds in the ass over the past decade.

You can do it one of two ways, Accredited or Eligible.  

To be an Accredited Investor you would need to meet one of the requirements below:

• a) an individual who, either alone or with a spouse, beneficially owns financial assets having an aggregate realizable value that before taxes, but net of any related liabilities, exceeds $1,000,000; (or)
  • b) an individual whose income before taxes exceeded $200,000 in each of the 2 most recent calendar years or whose income before taxes combined with that of a spouse exceeded $300 000 in each of the 2 most recent calendar years and who, in either case, reasonably expects to exceed that net income level in the current calendar year; (or)
  • c) an individual who, either alone or with a spouse, has net assets of at least $5,000,000;

To be an Eligible Investor under the Offering Memorandum Exemption you would need to meet one of the below requirements:

• a) an individual who, either alone or with a spouse has net assets of at least $400,000; (or)
  • b) an individual whose income before taxes exceeded $75,000 in each of the 2 most recent calendar years or whose income before taxes combined with that of a spouse exceeded $125,000 in each of the 2 most recent calendar years and who, in either case, reasonably expects to exceed that net income level in the current calendar year

•