Check your account email address ×

Dow 26,000:

This is the way I see it: 

The market is good under Trump. It could stay that way for another year and a half, or  even four beyond that. 

I don't think the economy will stay hot for many years...………...it can't and NEVAH does!!!

It's going to shut down at some point. IT ALWAYS DOES!!! THE CYCLE IS ABOUT TEN YEARS ON AVERAGE. 

My dilemma is, WHEN DO I PULL THE PLUG. When it implodes, it explodes OVERNIGHT!!

Not one year, not 2 months, but DAYS!!! It will drop like a fukken lead balloon. If you have a YUUUGE portfolio, it's almost too much to liquidate overnight!!

THAT'S THE RUB. WHEN DO YA' CASH-OUT BEFORE THE BOMB GOES OFF!!! 

In LAS VEGAS they call the big money, high rollers, WHALES. They put them up in the best suites, and give them great foods.

What do they call a big investor? What's the point where they might call you a heavy-hitter?

Is it 2 mill, 5 mill, 10 mill? 

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, Polaris 550 said:

The market is good under Trump. It could stay that way for another year and a half, or  even four beyond that. 

I don't think the economy will stay hot for many years...………...it can't and NEVAH does!!!

It's going to shut down at some point. IT ALWAYS DOES!!! THE CYCLE IS ABOUT TEN YEARS ON AVERAGE. 

My dilemma is, WHEN DO I PULL THE PLUG. When it implodes, it explodes OVERNIGHT!!

Not one year, not 2 months, but DAYS!!! It will drop like a fukken lead balloon. If you have a YUUUGE portfolio, it's almost too much to liquidate overnight!!

Historicly it happens at the turn of the decade.

That being said , one of the ingridiants is an overinflated housing market. Myself I don't believe its overinflated and I don't believe a lot of deadbeats are buying homes. The inventory just isn't there. I may be wrong. 

Maybe that ginger dude with the ginger dog will chime in and set me straight.

4 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

AG, they come to me, either my office or home.:lol:

None of them have a full product mix available so they are limited to what they can get commissions for.  For example, no load funds will never get a nod and my lastest private REIT's bought through a private placement subscription agreement would also be slimely swayed against.:lol:

Not sure what you mean by full product mix, but I can sell everything...stocks, bonds, etfs, annuities, uits, reits, life and lt care insurance, etc. thousands of offerings.  A good adviser also has the backing of a research dept that willl do the due diligence in ensuring the legitimacy and legality of all the investment offerings, given the sheer amount of offerings out there.  Im curious of the differences between Canadian securities industry vs. ours in that regard.

1 hour ago, Polaris 550 said:

Now.My dilemma is, WHEN DO I PULL THE PLUG. When it implodes, it explodes OVERNIGHT!!

Smh :lol: 

30 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Not sure what you mean by full product mix, but I can sell everything...stocks, bonds, etfs, annuities, uits, reits, life and lt care insurance, etc. thousands of offerings.  A good adviser also has the backing of a research dept that willl do the due diligence in ensuring the legitimacy and legality of all the investment offerings, given the sheer amount of offerings out there.  Im curious of the differences between Canadian securities industry vs. ours in that regard.

Get bent, pay some rent. What's your TNW, Buffet? 

33 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

So the actual REIT I'm is is this one and no advisor in Canada can sell it so none will recommend it and they will try to shame it.  This one started in 2013, but they have another that started in 2006 and it has never skipped a beat even in 2008.  Both returns are +14% since inception.

https://www.skylineonline.ca/assets/SWMI-Files/InfoSheets/Skyline-Retail-REIT-Info-Sheet.pdf

There's another one I was looking at that is actually catered to advisors, but none even know about it and most also can't sell it.  So they then recommend a random publicly traded one that defeats the entire purpose of not have market exposure.  I'm the one educating them.   BTW, the REITs are for my short term investments.:lol:

Also didn't you say you won't or can't sell Fidelity products.  The four Fidelity funds I own are my best performers YTD

Fidelity Global Innovators +31% YTD

Fidelity Canadian Growth +26% YTD

Fidelity Special Situations +26% YTD

Fidelity Insights Class +20% YTD (Wil Danoff)

I just put the names and returns there cause they are the same ones I called out RevBeta on.:lol:

Not sure of the major differences between our two industries but I gather we pay higher fees, almost criminal.

Edited by ArcticCrusher

2 hours ago, Polaris 550 said:

In LAS VEGAS they call the big money, high rollers, WHALES. They put them up in the best suites, and give them great foods.

What do they call a big investor? What's the point where they might call you a heavy-hitter?

Is it 2 mill, 5 mill, 10 mill? 

My take is +3 mil liquid, +8 mil TNW.

1 hour ago, steve from amherst said:

Historicly it happens at the turn of the decade.

That being said , one of the ingridiants is an overinflated housing market. Myself I don't believe its overinflated and I don't believe a lot of deadbeats are buying homes. The inventory just isn't there. I may be wrong. 

Maybe that ginger dude with the ginger dog will chime in and set me straight.

Don't forget the DOT COMS that tanked in the late80's that killed the market.

Last time around it was the street bums mortgaging 400K houses. 

It's ALWAYS something. 

They will conjure up something to cause the crash, believe me. It is a TOTALLY MANIPULATED system, run by big big money boys in NY. When they give the signal they will start liquidating overnight, making a killing, and us dweebs will be left holding our dinks. Then when it bottoms, they will buy everything up, and make another killing on us.  

Yeah, I think 2.4 mill is about the number nowadays that somebody is considered rich or wealthy. TNW. So, at 10+ mill, you could probably call yourself a WHALE!!!  

11 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

So the actual REIT I'm is is this one and no advisor in Canada can sell it so none will recommend it and they will try to shame it.  This one started in 2013, but they have another that started in 2006 and it has never skipped a beat even in 2008.  Both returns are +14% since inception.

https://www.skylineonline.ca/assets/SWMI-Files/InfoSheets/Skyline-Retail-REIT-Info-Sheet.pdf

There's another one I was looking at that is actually catered to advisors, but none even know about it and most also can't sell it.  So they then recommend a random publicly traded one that defeats the entire purpose of not have market exposure.  I'm the one educating them.   BTW, the REITs are for my short term investments.:lol:

Also didn't you say you won't or can't sell Fidelity products.  The four Fidelity funds I own are my best performers YTD

I just put the names and returns there cause they are the same ones I called out RevBeta on.:lol:

Not sure of the major differences between our two industries but I gather we pay higher fees, almost criminal.

I can sell Fidelity, but they do some proprietary shit and are probably our largest rival in the space that we cater to, so given some of the stuff I have access to, which is more than comparable I generally steer clear.  We have an etfs that returns over 20% annually for 10 years, all kinds of them north of 15%. Their models down here are easy to out service.  

9 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

I can sell Fidelity, but they do some proprietary shit and are probably our largest rival in the space that we cater to, so given some of the stuff I have access to, which is more than comparable I generally steer clear.  We have an etfs that returns over 20% annually for 10 years, all kinds of them north of 15%. Their models down here are easy to out service.  

I'm keeping an eye on some of the 3x bull shares.:lol:

19 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

You oughta start doing options and some inverse etfs!  :lol:  :bc: 

You fuckers laugh it up now......one of these days eventually I'm going to go from 0 for 1379 on my stock calls to 1 for xxxxx and then I'll be rich!!!!!11+

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

You fuckers laugh it up now......one of these days eventually I'm going to go from 0 for 1379 on my stock calls to 1 for xxxxx and then I'll be rich!!!!!11+

:lol: You. Are. Fucking. Crazy.  Its a high stakes game for professional cfas and fund managers, who do this all day long, have 6 monitors in their face, access to all kinds of information, and can make a buy/sells in seconds.  Trying to do it on your own is nuts.  Slow and steady wins the race dude.   :bc: 

14 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Your fund manager has it made.  All those funds have lost money  from their peak last year and he has you convinced he's made you 20-30% this year.    They are some of the best funds Fidelity has so you've chosen well but your one year return might be over 10% and that is before they take at 2-2.5% MER.   Or have I just ruined it for you? Didn't you know their returns didn't subtract the MER? You are a special kind of stupid.    

"Ignore the fact that we are starting after a 20% drop,  look at this 30% gain"  "Ignore fact that it only when up 11% since last year and the 2.44% MER too, that doesn't really count.

https://www.fidelity.ca/fidca/en/priceandperformance?view=AG&gclid=CjwKCAjw8LTmBRBCEiwAbhh-6K6O-AiM215Y6PD5qER6NAMDg7pyFwCqjti06OZIA5-Ynfmd6-FCpxoCphkQAvD_BwE

For anyone with an actual brain, check out the real returns on the fidelity funds. Don't be like Crusher and forget to subtract the MER.

35 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Don't take it too seriously, neither one of those idiots can work out returns.  

The stupid fuckers are claiming that you should be in it for the long haul yet are bragging about YTD returns because the market was in a slump up until January.  1 year returns aren't even 1/3 as good a ytd returns. As all good gamblers they only want to talk about the good returns.  Plenty of the fund companies they are jerking off to have more funds in negative territory than they do in the over 10% category. 

Don't get me wrong, you are a terrible investor and should kill yourself. But so should they. 

4 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

Your fund manager has it made.  All those funds have lost money  from their peak last year and he has you convinced he's made you 20-30% this year.    They are some of the best funds Fidelity has so you've chosen well but your one year return might be over 10% and that is before they take at 2-2.5% MER.   Or have I just ruined it for you? Didn't you know their returns didn't subtract the MER? You are a special kind of stupid.    

"Ignore the fact that we are starting after a 20% drop,  look at this 30% gain"  "Ignore fact that it only when up 11% since last year and the 2.44% MER too, that doesn't really count.

https://www.fidelity.ca/fidca/en/priceandperformance?view=AG&gclid=CjwKCAjw8LTmBRBCEiwAbhh-6K6O-AiM215Y6PD5qER6NAMDg7pyFwCqjti06OZIA5-Ynfmd6-FCpxoCphkQAvD_BwE

For anyone with an actual brain, check out the real returns on the fidelity funds. Don't be like Crusher and forget to subtract the MER.

2-2.5%?  Who pays fees like that?   And who compares 1 year returns if/when they have been invested long term?   Cost basis is all that matters, and avg annualized returns, which almost always always always is quoted after any fees, at least here in the states.  Not sure what you're trying to prove here, but if youre trying to claim AC hasnt gown his money at a far higher rate than inflation or those CDs you call GICs, but youve failed.

5 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

2-2.5%?  Who pays fees like that?   And who compares 1 year returns if/when they have been invested long term?   Cost basis is all that matters, and avg annualized returns, which almost always always always is quoted after any fees, at least here in the states.  Not sure what you're trying to prove here, but if youre trying to claim AC hasnt gown his money at a far higher rate than inflation or those CDs you call GICs, but youve failed.

You and Crusher have been bragging about YTD returns.  That's who you forgetful fucktard. 

As for the MER's I just check the MER's of the funds that dumb bitch Crusher showed us.  You could check them yourself if you knew how. 

5 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

Don't take it too seriously, neither one of those idiots can work out returns.  

The stupid fuckers are claiming that you should be in it for the long haul yet are bragging about YTD returns because the market was in a slump up until January.  1 year returns aren't even 1/3 as good a ytd returns. As all good gamblers they only want to talk about the good returns.  Plenty of the fund companies they are jerking off to have more funds in negative territory than they do in the over 10% category. 

Don't get me wrong, you are a terrible investor and should kill yourself. But so should they. 

You’re the last guy who should be throwing out the “stupid” comments, this thread alone shows that. :lol:  Many of those funds have 10 year avg annualized returns north of 15% net of fees and youre trying to shit on that?  Mmmmmmk.   Alllllllllllrighty then. 

Just now, DriftBusta said:

You’re the last guy who should be throwing out the “stupid” comments, this thread alone shows that. :lol:  Many of those funds have 10 year avg annualized returns north of 15% net of fees and youre trying to shit on that?  Mmmmmmk.   Alllllllllllrighty then. 

Did you even check the fidelity list?   More of those funds are negative over 10 years than return over 15%.

It's great for sales people like you. Because you can fool dumbasses like AC by showing them the top 10 performing funds.  You don't have to tell the people that fidelity has over 100 funds and you are cherry picking.

9 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

Did you even check the fidelity list?   More of those funds are negative over 10 years than return over 15%.

It's great for sales people like you. Because you can fool dumbasses like AC by showing them the top 10 performing funds.  You don't have to tell the people that fidelity has over 100 funds and you are cherry picking.

Youre just too stupid to have a honest conversation with.  Honestly.  Investing is alot more than cherry picking a couple funds. No one is citing ytd returns as if its the be all end all measurement, its only one metric.  Many funds arent up shit ytd, many are down ytd.  For example I have a client who had 500,000 bucks with me 3 years ago, who’s since earned avg annualized returns, which are calculated after any and all fees, including fund managers on down to my fees, of 9.4%.  Their account balance is now over $650,000.  What was your point again?  And how much would he have if you invested it?.

I don't think you need a crystal ball to see where the next crash is. Massive debt. Govt debt, personal debt, student loans... I don't know how we borrow our way out of that. Good thing the global elites will have billions in cash hoarded for such emergencies...