Check your account email address ×

Dow 26,000:

• Platinum Contributing Member
16 hours ago, steve from amherst said:

Be interesting to see what world markets look like overnight.

Asian, European Markets Follow Wall Street, With Stocks Suffering Sharp Losses

Updated at 4:30 a.m. ET

Asian and European markets tumbled Tuesday after dizzying losses on Wall Street that saw the Dow Jones industrial average shed 4.6 percent, its biggest loss in six and a half years.

In Europe, where the trading day was in full swing, the London's FTSE 100, Germany's DAX 30 and France's CAC 40 were all trending down.

In Asia, where the exchanges had all closed:

• Japan's Nikkei 225 index lost 4.7 percent, closing Tuesday to 21,610.24 after a rally in the last hour shaved off some off the losses.
  • Hong Kong's Hang Seng Index closed at 30,626.41, down just over 5 percent.
  • The Shanghai Composite Index lost 3.35 percent to 3,370.65
  • Singapore's STI was down 2.7 percent.
  • Australia's benchmark S&P ASX 200 slide was off 192.9 points, or 3.2 percent, ending the day at 5,833.30
  • South Korea's Kospi shed 1.54 percent.

12 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Yet you sat on the sidelines for years pretending you knew where things were headed.

Did he really? No sir.  Really? :lol:  

8 hours ago, revkevsdi said:

Good for you. You can look slack jawed and keep saying, “fundamentals were good” while you watch the markets tank. 

A shit load of way smarter people than you got fucked over last time. The only reason it didn’t get way worse is quantitive easing. Give the banks their raw material for free and they are all suddenly geniuses again  

Just  like you. You made money in a rising market. Let’s see how you do if it tanks  

He's right, you're wrong.  Good fundamentals are the difference between investing and gambling.  And its done over time, not this sky is falling bullshit you're trying to peddle.

51 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

Look, I know having a President like Trump makes it seem like lying is ok. But I didn’t say the market had nothing to do with Trump.  I was pointing out what a bunch hypocrites you were.  When it climb during Obama’s time none of you credited him. As soon as a Republican was in power you claimed the climb was his.

You should at least be consistent with you lies. 

.and to make matters worse you used the word validate. The market drop rattled you so much that you are sounding as dumb as Zambo. 

oh stfu already.  Jesus, i've never seen such an ignoramous speak so confidently, while sounding so dumb. :lol: 

11 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

No.....

27709867_187921408463711_960772547149414771_o.jpg

Everyone attributes a reason to why the market goes up or down.  Its annoying as fuck.  XLT is correct however, in that the fundamentals in the economy do look way better than they did in 2008, which had all kinds of storm clouds on the horizon.

16 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

Well we know one thing. Trump stopped taking credit for the stock market. 

Not sure why, they are still way up.  We know one thing for sure though....the Liberal MSM's are now aware the markets exist.  :lol:

Losers.  Finding a way to spread fear and sadness.

6 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Did he really? No sir.  Really? :lol:  

He's right, you're wrong.  Good fundamentals are the difference between investing and gambling.  And its done over time, not this sky is falling bullshit you're trying to peddle.

oh stfu already.  Jesus, i've never seen such an ignoramous speak so confidently, while sounding so dumb. :lol: 

Everyone attributes a reason to why the market goes up or down.  Its annoying as fuck.  XLT is correct however, in that the fundamentals in the economy do look way better than they did in 2008, which had all kinds of storm clouds on the horizon.

Lol. I sure did make you angry didn’t I?  Poor snowflake. Please continue to pretend you are a market genius after a couple of years in the business.” Wooohooo I made money in a historically high stock market climb.   . I’m a genius”

You know there were guys who claimed “it’s different this time” 

before the dot com crash and 2008 crash. 

1 minute ago, revkevsdi said:

Lol. I sure did make you angry didn’t I?  Poor snowflake. Please continue to pretend you are a market genius after a couple of years in the business.” Wooohooo I made money in a historically high stock market climb.   . I’m a genius”

You know there were guys who claimed “it’s different this time” 

before the dot com crash and 2008 crash. 

Angry?  I think you're a buffoon.  You prove it daily.  Instead of just shutting your mouth, you double down every time.   :lol:  :thumbsup:

8 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Not sure why, they are still way up.  We know one thing for sure though....the Liberal MSM's are now aware the markets exist.  :lol:

Losers.  Finding a way to spread fear and sadness.

The blame game starts. “It’s Obama, it’s the MSM. 

Jesus Zambo. Are you really going to pretend the msm hasn’t been talking about the stock market until now?  Another lying Trumpster pretending he’s smart. 

You forgot that you were going to be glued to your screens making trades today. These posts are costing you money. Unless that was yet  another  Zambo load of bullshit.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Angry?  I think you're a buffoon.  You prove it daily.  Instead of just shutting your mouth, you double down every time.   :lol:  :thumbsup:

I guess we’ll see who the buffoon is. 

I don’t know where this market is going. The difference between me, you, xlt, artic crusher and Zambo is that you are all stupid enough to think you know.

11 hours ago, f7ben said:

You guys must have a bunch of people who dont contribute and more low saying jobs than high. In 25 years I've maxed my 401k all but a handfull of years and only once had the highly paid employee item come into play and that was for maybe 600 and it happened to a lot of us that year . We instituited automatic contribution with opt out after that to make sure participation was where it needed to be

3 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

I don’t know where this market is going. The difference between me, you, xlt, artic crusher and Zambo is that you are all stupid enough to think you know.

Wrong.  Hint:  Its not a timing thing, its a time in thing.  Couple good fundamentals, with time in the market, and you win every time.  The market has a 90 year track record of proving it.

12 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

One of the ingridiants of a recession is Americans who don't pay their bills buying homes. That's not happening now and cant. The inventory just isn't available.

Another was horrible fuckin spelling.

14 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

Where have I ever stated or predicted what the markets would do?  Generally they go up, in seven years we typically see 6 pluses and one negative.  The problem with dorks like yourself is you plan every year to be a down.:lol:

11 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Wrong.  Hint:  Its not a timing thing, its a time in thing.  Couple good fundamentals, with time in the market, and you win every time.  The market has a 90 year track record of proving it.

That does not work for Rev's investment style.  All the time in the world won't do shit if he can't beat inflation.

23 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

The blame game starts. “It’s Obama, it’s the MSM. 

Jesus Zambo. Are you really going to pretend the msm hasn’t been talking about the stock market until now?  Another lying Trumpster pretending he’s smart. 

You forgot that you were going to be glued to your screens making trades today. These posts are costing you money. Unless that was yet  another  Zambo load of bullshit.  

Not a blame game.  That’s part of your idiotic liberal problem.  You are either looking for your savior, or looking for somebody to blame. I give credit for both when it’s earned.

Typical victim mentality.  My point was the msm’s Are doing their best not to report anything good going on, it’s a blip of it gets mentioned at all.  You can deny it because, well, again...you are just a sad victim looking for somebody to blame.