Check your account email address ×

Dow 26,000:

1 hour ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

Buy buy buy buy buy buy...

This market is not done going up. 

I didnt even hear about it till just 5 minutes ago. But looks like alot of it is due to programmed sell offs. Earnings are still good. But its always a wait and see. My portfolio is pretty conservative so Im not really worried. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, Arctic Cat Destroyer said:

I didnt even hear about it till just 5 minutes ago. But looks like alot of it is due to programmed sell offs. Earnings are still good. But its always a wait and see. My portfolio is pretty conservative so Im not really worried. 

Some asset reallocation going on in 401K's and pension plans as well.   

Just now, Arctic Cat Destroyer said:

Yep. 

15 minutes ago, Arctic Cat Destroyer said:

Agreed.  If people can't stomach a 10% pullback they should not be in the markets in the first place.

8 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Margin buyers are causing a bit of this too.  I took some profits in the last couple of weeks myself.  Jumping back in tomorrow.  

Might want to wait a bit more.  The sheep might need a bit more fleecing to be effectively purged first.

Got a shitload to invest myself so this is welcomed.

6 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Margin buyers are causing a bit of this too.  I took some profits in the last couple of weeks myself.  Jumping back in tomorrow.  

I took a healthy chunk of my portfolio out to move into the Russell... Brilliant timing move that I didn’t plan hahaha. That’s 8% saved off of dumb luck. 

1 minute ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Agreed.  If people can't stomach a 10% pullback they should not be in the markets in the first place.

Might want to wait a bit more.  The sheep might need a bit more fleecing to be effectively purged first.

Got a shitload to invest myself so this is welcomed.

Yeah.  Gonna be a long day tomorrow.  I’ll be “full screens” by 0500 lookin’ and scheming.

2 minutes ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

I took a healthy chunk of my portfolio out to move into the Russell... Brilliant timing move that I didn’t plan hahaha. That’s 8% saved off of dumb luck. 

Dude.  I’ll take luck over whatever I think I know and have learned.  Luck pays better. 

6 minutes ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

So was the timing when I bought my house.

9 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

All the experts said it’s a sure thing. Who in their right mind thought that the meteoric increase of the market was real? Trump mania. :lol: 

Markets pull back once every 7 years moron.  It's OK.

58 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Keep your eye on the bouncing ball, I mean the VIX, was up about 115% today.:bc:

:bc:

9 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

All the experts said it’s a sure thing. Who in their right mind thought that the meteoric increase of the market was real? Trump mania. :lol: 

It’s still real you fucking half-wit.  Fundamentals are good and businesses are reinvesting.

But, enjoy your sadness in the hopes it all falls apart for everyone.

Off yourself.  You’re still my #1 in the death pool! :)

4 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

:bc:

It’s still real you fucking half-wit.  Fundamentals are good and businesses are reinvesting.

But, enjoy your sadness in the hopes it all falls apart for everyone.

Off yourself.  You’re still my #1 in the death pool! :)

Fundamentals... :lol:  another expert. Just had my annual exam. I have no doubt that I’ll be reading your obit. :) 

On 2018-01-16 at 2:57 PM, ArcticCrusher said:

So basically Trump added more to the Dow in one year than what Obama added in eight.

On 2018-01-16 at 4:57 PM, Arctic Cat Destroyer said:

I know Trump just comes out and says some stuff that pisses liberals off and the stock market goes thru the roof! Why didnt anyone think of this before? 

On 2018-01-17 at 12:28 AM, BOHICA said:

Ben jumped out a little early.  Tax cuts haven't even taken effect yet.  Give it just under a year.  If Democrats win the midterms jump out fast as shit is going to tank.

On 2018-01-16 at 9:44 PM, DriftBusta said:

Anyone who doesn't call their financial advisor or pull their money to the sidelines.

On 2018-01-17 at 9:34 AM, f7ben said:

I cant fault anyone for staying in ......I'm up another 4% this month and I just feel like being in cash for a while and seeing how this year shapes up. It just seems like a ton of the positive fundamental drivers for anything near current levels have been priced in and re-priced in.........I dont see any euphoric idiocy to keep pumping the bubble up right around the corner like all the tax cut bullshit was for the last 3 months and its not going to take much for bad news or much of a catastrophic event to trigger a significant sell off.

I have never been right even one time ever in the past so if you have any brains always do the opposite of my financial advise. 

On 2018-01-17 at 9:59 AM, Zambroski said:

We'll go through a half dozen corrections before it starts to level out.  Right now, we are rising up quickly out of the last administration forcing companies to hold onto their money and not put it into growth.  I don't even see indicators yet showing a real correction better than 10%.  Most are seeing us hitting 30k before any correction. 

But, I won't trust anything I read or see 100% again.  Day trading information for us "regualar Joe's" is designed to fuck us and I lost big time during the last fuck up because I was told "not to sweat it" as we spiraled into shitsville.  Banks will never again see a dime of interest from me.  And if I can find a way to duplicate what my FA can gain (tap into real time information) they'd be gone too.  Well, maybe not.  I suck at trading.  :lol:

On 2018-01-17 at 10:15 AM, DriftBusta said:

Love having the live quote screen at my finger tips.  I lost at day trading too 15 years ago.  Realized it was a fools errand.  A buddy of mine thought he was all too clever and started trading options.  Had 6 monitors in his office like he was Gordon friggin Gecko.  Just no.  He lost a shit ton.  Investing is a long term exercise, stick to the fundamentals, quality investments, diversification among investment objectives and industry sectors.  Stay away from options, penny stocks and most commodities.  Way too risky, volatile and specialized.  Rebalance 1-2x/year.  In 15-16 emerging markets sucked.  In 17 they're on fire, north of 25% in many cases.  A good FA can steer you accordingly.  While its not rocket science, you do need to pay attention and use the right resources.  Guy was in yesterday all freaky cuz his account was only up 8% last year.  Looking into it, it was the 60k worth of GE stock he brought with him, that has tanked this year and worth half what it was a year ago.  The rest of his stuff is up over 20%.  Company still has good fundamentals, and the stock is actually a deal right now.  "wide economic moat".  Hes not retiring for another 15 years, so I had to talk him out of selling it, when I could have made a nice commission.  Gotta go shop for some muni bonds for a client now.  Love this job.  Later. :lol:  :bc:   

PS:  Ben.  Put your money back in the market, don't be a fool.  I gave you the same advice at 21k.  You're young enough to ride though

On 2018-01-17 at 10:49 AM, f7ben said:

Consider this move to the sidelines profit taking. Its been one hell of a run and it cant continue. 

On 2018-01-17 at 9:59 PM, f7ben said:

I'm out for a while

Did you stay out or did these people convince you to jump back in?

On 2018-02-02 at 10:29 AM, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

Invested some more today. She isn’t done going up. $30k by year end. 

1 hour ago, ICEMAN! said:

It’s the market showing confidence in Trump 

No No NO!!! Down is Obama, Up is Trump.

1 hour ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

Wait, I thought this was Obama’s market still?

Funny how a few weeks and a 1,000 or so points change peoples minds. 

People can justify any market action. After the last crash Kramer was saying " we all knew it was too high, we shouldn't have been paying those multiples" He even apologized for being a stock market cheer leader.  3 years later, the prices are all back to where they were before the crash and no one thinks they are high.  In fact they just keep climbing. 

If the dow drops below 10,000 is everyone going to pretend that they knew the prices were too high?  Will 580 pretend he was joking about 30,000? 

Will they blame Clinton or Obama for the crash?  You know damn well that at soon as it drops below 20,000 it won't be Trumps fault. 

I wonder if bitcoin will look more stable than the DOW a month from now?

1 minute ago, spin_dry said:

Fundamentals... :lol:  another expert. Just had my annual exam. I have no doubt that I’ll be reading your obit. :) 

Expert no?  But I see nothing you contribute here that puts you at any level of competence.  Other than maybe your expertise in sadness and the treatment and maintaining of it.  Keep up the good work though!  Dems gotta grow their ranks somehow, sadness and mental unstability is a good recruitment sign.

1 minute ago, revkevsdi said:

Did you stay out or did these people convince you to jump back in?

No No NO!!! Down is Obama, Up is Trump.

Funny how a few weeks and a 1,000 or so points change peoples minds. 

People can justify any market action. After the last crash Kramer was saying " we all knew it was too high, we shouldn't have been paying those multiples" He even apologized for being a stock market cheer leader.  3 years later, the prices are all back to where they were before the crash and no one thinks they are high.  In fact they just keep climbing. 

If the dow drops below 10,000 is everyone going to pretend that they knew the prices were too high?  Will 580 pretend he was joking about 30,000? 

Will they blame Clinton or Obama for the crash?  You know damn well that at soon as it drops below 20,000 it won't be Trumps fault. 

I wonder if bitcoin will look more stable than the DOW a month from now?

Poor Rev.  Just unstable as fuck about getting his ass handed to him...all the time.

:lol:

”cannons”.

:lmao:

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

Expert no?  But I see nothing you contribute here that puts you at any level of competence.  Other than maybe your expertise in sadness and the treatment and maintaining of it.  Keep up the good work though!  Dems gotta grow their ranks somehow, sadness and mental unstability is a good recruitment sign.

Please tell us oh stock guru what will you do?  Glued to your screens all day tomorrow. 

Making plans, moving money. 

Just now, revkevsdi said:

Please tell us oh stock guru what will you do?  Glued to your screens all day tomorrow. 

Making plans, moving money. 

“Us”. :lol:

Please last the names of the people you represent here.  Here, I’ll start:

1.) Tool Kit

2.)

2 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Poor Rev.  Just unstable as fuck about getting his ass handed to him...all the time.

:lol:

”cannons”.

:lmao:

I guess we'll see what happens. Arctic crusty was having a go at me when I told him I was out of the market.  We'll just watch the show.