Check your account email address ×

Mapping the Swamp

2 hours ago, $poorsledder$ said:

Your BIL compensated your fat lifestyle but that was his decision alone as a private employer.  This is a public matter that the taxpayer should question especially when the value added is questionable.  Go change your diaper and take a nap.

My brother in law died 10years ago asshole. 

So what make you an expert on federal compensation?

just get a government job....simple solution as they are the countries largest employer.

29 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

My brother in law died 10years ago asshole. 

So what make you an expert on federal compensation?

just get a government job....simple solution as they are the countries largest employer.

Do you think this is a good thing?  I don't think so.

26 minutes ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

The guy is a mush brain... I guarantee he wears Velcro shoes. 

Only an idiot such as yourselves would think it was defensive. I was questioning your experiences as salary experts.....of course you both missed it being Trump morons.

• Platinum Contributing Member
15 hours ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

43 days off standard. 1 in 5 make over $100k. Outside of the VA and Post Offfice, at the independent agencies and departments the average wage is $100k.

Hard not to say their isn’t a serious swamp with little value added for the price. 

These are just salary figures as well and not total compensation with bennies.

Three counties around Washington DC are the wealthiest in the nation in terms of pay.   That's fucked up.  

1 hour ago, Mainecat said:

Only an idiot such as yourselves would think it was defensive. I was questioning your experiences as salary experts.....of course you both missed it being Trump morons.

What’s my experience determining mean salary for the nation and comparing that across the Federal government for a particular field?? Hmm, I don’t know.... Do you know what google is?

Any other weak arguments you would like to undertake...?

16 hours ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

Hard not to say their isn’t a serious swamp with little value added for the price. 

Are you saying there is a swamp or there isn't? Double negatives are like Alt English to me.

• Platinum Contributing Member

Insane. $131,000 average pay.  

Reforming Federal Worker Pay and Benefits

• Chris Edwards
September 20, 2017

The federal government employs 2.1 million civilian workers in hundreds of agencies at offices across the nation.1 The federal workforce imposes a substantial burden on America’s taxpayers. In 2017 wages and benefits for executive branch civilian workers cost $276 billion.2

Since the 1990s, federal workers have enjoyed faster compensation growth than private-sector workers. In 2016 federal workers earned 80 percent more, on average, than private-sector workers.3 And federal workers earned 42 percent more, on average, than state and local government workers.4 The federal government has become an elite island of secure and high-paid employment, separated from the ocean of average Americans competing in the economy.

Employee Benefits

The Bureau of Economic Analysis provides data on the average value of federal and private sector benefit packages.16 In 2016 federal workers enjoyed average annual benefits of $38,450, which compared to average benefits in the private sector of just $11,306. That large difference stems from more federal workers receiving certain types of benefits than private workers, and from particular federal benefits being more generous than those provided in the private sector.

Studies comparing federal and private benefits for similar workers have found a large federal advantage. The 2017 CBO study found that cost of employee benefits was 47 percent higher for federal civilian employees than for similar private-sector employees.17CBO found that “The most important factor contributing to differences between the two sectors in the costs of benefits is the defined benefit pension plan that is available to most federal employees.”18 The AEI and Heritage studies also found large federal advantages with respect to worker benefits.

https://www.downsizinggovernment.org/federal-worker-pay

Edited by Highmark

• Gold Member
2 hours ago, Mainecat said:

You an expert are ya?

3 hours ago, Highmark said:

These are just salary figures as well and not total compensation with bennies.

Three counties around Washington DC are the wealthiest in the nation in terms of pay.   That's fucked up.  

What about all the counties? Mr cherry picker. 

5 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

For local and state government it’s all thrown in together. I wasn’t sure about the feds. 

what amazes me is that the only time a rww will get riled up over workers salaries and bennies, is when they think the gov is rolling in them. they'll cheer on corporations taking shit from them, but by god, don't let a few worker make some decent coin :lol:

Edited by Snoslinger

3 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

what amazes me is that the only time a rww will get riled up over workers salaries and bennies, is when they think the gov is rolling in them. they'll cheer on corporations taking shit from them, but by god, don't let a few worker make some decent coin :lol:

It’s not been my experience that gov workers are better compensated than the private sector for doing the same kind of work. I find it to be mostly a myth.