Check your account email address ×

Mapping the Swamp

3 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

It’s not been my experience that gov workers are better compensated than the private sector for doing the same kind of work. I find it to be mostly a myth. 

Just now, Snoslinger said:

it is mostly a myth.

:lol:

On most accounts, a government worker earns 15-20% more than the civilian counterpart.  This is salary only!  The bennies for the G'ment employee and work loads are usually much better also.

I know several here that work for the County...and all you gotta do is ask.  They'll tell you with a big smile on their face...JACKPOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  We'll they told me that.  I'm sure they report differently to "information prodders".  

8 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

it is mostly a myth.

Here’s something a bit more accurate regarding federal employees. Well educated employees are behind by 17% over the private sector. This paragraph does a good job at showing the problems in government employment.  

Combining pay and benefits into a measure of "total compensation," the CBO said that federal employees on the lowest end of its educational scale are ahead by 53 percent while those at the highest end are behind by 18 percent — for an overall average advantage to federal employees of 17 percent.

Edited by ActionfigureJoe

2 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

On most accounts, a government worker earns 15-20% more than the civilian counterpart.  This is salary only!  The bennies for the G'ment employee and work loads are usually much better also.

I know several here that work for the County...and all you gotta do is ask.  They'll tell you with a big smile on their face...JACKPOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  We'll they told me that.  I'm sure they report differently to "information prodders".  

as do I, and they are not overpaid. I was shocked at how little their base salaries actually are. only when you add in the OT does it appear to look like their remotely close to living it up.

2 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

Here’s something a bit more accurate regarding federal employees. Well educated employees are behind by 17% over the private sector. This paragraph does a good job at showing the problems in government employment.  

Combining pay and benefits into a measure of "total compensation," the CBO said that federal employees on the lowest end of its educational scale are ahead by 53 percent while those at the highest end are behind by 18 percent — for an overall average advantage to federal employees of 17 percent.

Is this that hard to understand or figure out why?

3 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I work both county and private. My private practice raw pay has had a reimbursement rate increase of 4-6% per year since 2008. My county pay, .25-1% increase per year. 

7 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

I work both county and private. My private practice raw pay has had a reimbursement rate increase of 4-6% per year since 2008. My county pay, .25-1% increase per year. 

1.  Where do you bring in more $$$?

2.  Most likely you won't increase what you charge for county by more than .25 to 1%, cause they would get someone else and you would hate to lose that easy county $$$.

Edited by racer254

2 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

racer in action :lol:

argues gov agencies are overpaid and loose with taxpayer money, but then in an attempt to insult a non rww, implies the gov agencies do watch their spending.

And you failed to understand that the money given out in actual $$$ for the service is probably 10 times the needed amount.  You dipshit.  That's what the liberal elites like about guys like you.  Easily grubered.

Edited by racer254

8 minutes ago, racer254 said:

1.  Where do you bring in more $$$?

2.  Most likely you won't increase what you charge for county by more than .25 to 1%, cause they would get someone else and you would hate to lose that easy county $$$.

2/3rds come from private. I’m out of public health in 18 months. I make far more and work far less in the private sector. The clients involved in public health are more time intensive. Typically lower functioning or have high forensic needs. County pay sucks. Even retirement is the pits. 

You seem a little misinformed about compensation in the healthcare field. 

Edited by ActionfigureJoe

1 minute ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

2/3rds come from private. I’m out of public health in 18 months. I make far more and work far less in the private sector. The clients involved in public health are more time intensive. Typically lower functioning or have high forensic needs. County pay sucks. Even retirement is the pits. 

So, you can't make up that extra 1/3rd income from the private sector?

7 minutes ago, racer254 said:

And you failed to understand that the money given out in actual $$$ for the service is probably 10 times the needed amount.  You dipshit.

so the fiscal agency that would look for cheaper rates elsewhere if afj increased them, doesn't realize afj is 10 times the needed amount, and they still go to him? :lol: 

these are reasons you're considered the dumbest poster ever....

Edited by Snoslinger

5 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

so the fiscal agency that would look for cheaper rates elsewhere if afj increased them, don't realize afj is 10 times the needed amount and they still go to him? :lol: 

these are reasons you're considered the dumbest poster ever....

Derp derp derp.  You're not smart enough to waste my time.  Just spin and deflect.   This shit goes on for pages with your dumb ass and gets sickening.
AFJ are you doing the same job for the county as you do in the private sector....Meaning, is your job description for the county the same professional description as what you describe yourself to your private practice.  

Edited by racer254

Just now, racer254 said:

Derp derp derp.  You're not smart enough to waste my time.  Just spin and deflect. 
AFJ are you doing the same job for the county as you do in the private sector....Meaning, is your job description for the county the same professional description as what you describe yourself to your private practice.  

3 minutes ago, racer254 said:

And that's your normal response when you get owned.  Go lay down next to MC, maybe he will help change your diapers.

Its in the liberal handbook.....they all do it.

1 minute ago, Snoslinger said:

racer, dave, sludgey, jttsrx...

4 dumb peas in a pod.

Cute....if you were smart...you wouldn't get so upset everytime Trump pokes your liberal bees nest.

12 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

right and most government jobs don't require you to be at the high end of the educational scale.  Gov jobs should be comparable in pay and benefits to similar positions in private companies,  not more and not less. And when times are tight and wages are not going up for the private it should be the same for the gov but with the GSA pay tables that does not happen.  For example i just saw they have sales clerk potions open here at the commissary- $13.50/hr to start as a gs3 step 1.  now how that position which can be filled for $10/hr at the grocery store is a GS3 job is beyond me does anyone actually start out as a GS1 which would still pay $11/hr. I see all sorts of income over all sorts of industries and i do see some with post graduate degrees who are def making less than someone whose good in the private sector would make but many are making more than the average.  Only gov "regular" jobs i see getting private level wages is the passport center as they contract that out to CGI therefore aren't paying on the GS scales.  

The one thing i think the government does well with their pay is locality adjustments,  that can be applied to many other things including min wage for a fairer pay scale than saying everyone min wage should be 7 or 10 or 15 an hour