Check your account email address ×

A New Years update for Trump voters

What say you Trump voters?

Have Trump’s promises come to fruition? 

Almost one year in, it’s time for another update for Trump voters on his election promises: 

1. He told you he’d cut your taxes, and that the super-rich like him would pay more. You bought it. But his new tax law does the opposite. By 2027, according several nonpartisan analyses, the richest 1 percent will have got 83 percent of the tax cut and the richest 0.1 percent, 60 percent of it. As Trump told his wealthy friends at Mar-a-Lago just days after the tax bill became law, “You all just got a lot richer.” 

2. He promised to close “special interest loopholes that have been so good for Wall Street investors but unfair to American workers,” especially the notorious “carried interest” loophole for private-equity, hedge fund, and real estate partners. You bought it. But the new tax law keeps the “carried interest” loophole. 

3. He told you he’d repeal Obamacare and replace it with something “beautiful.” You bought it. But he didn’t repeal and he didn’t replace. (Just as well: His plan would have knocked at least 23 million off health insurance, including many of you.) Instead, he’s doing what he can to cut it back and replace it with nothing. The new tax law will result in 13 million people losing health coverage, according to the Congressional Budget Office. 

4. He told you he’d invest $1 trillion in our nation’ crumbling infrastructure. You bought it. But after his giant tax cut for corporations and millionaires, there’s no money left for infrastructure. 

5. He said he’d clean the Washington swamp. You bought it. But he’s brought into his administration more billionaires, CEOs, and Wall Street moguls than in any administration in history, to make laws that will enrich their businesses, and he’s filled departments and agencies with former lobbyists, lawyers and consultants who are crafting new policies for the same industries they recently worked for. 

Much more: https://www.salon.com/2018/01/01/new-years-update-for-trump-voters_partner/?utm_source=spotim&utm_medium=spotim_social_rail&spotim_referrer=social_rail
Edited by Mainecat

"What say you Trump voters?"

I'd say what a great time to be an American! Things are really cooking around here in NH. I'm sure you are reaping the benefits right now as well MC. Maybe try and look at the brighter side of life for a change and actually enjoy it? 

Or just continue down the path you've chosen over the last year and go slit your wrists?

• Platinum Contributing Member
24 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Almost one year in, it’s time for another update for Trump voters on his election promises: 

1. He told you he’d cut your taxes, and that the super-rich like him would pay more. You bought it. But his new tax law does the opposite. By 2027, according several nonpartisan analyses, the richest 1 percent will have got 83 percent of the tax cut and the richest 0.1 percent, 60 percent of it. As Trump told his wealthy friends at Mar-a-Lago just days after the tax bill became law, “You all just got a lot richer.” 

2. He promised to close “special interest loopholes that have been so good for Wall Street investors but unfair to American workers,” especially the notorious “carried interest” loophole for private-equity, hedge fund, and real estate partners. You bought it. But the new tax law keeps the “carried interest” loophole. 

3. He told you he’d repeal Obamacare and replace it with something “beautiful.” You bought it. But he didn’t repeal and he didn’t replace. (Just as well: His plan would have knocked at least 23 million off health insurance, including many of you.) Instead, he’s doing what he can to cut it back and replace it with nothing. The new tax law will result in 13 million people losing health coverage, according to the Congressional Budget Office. 

4. He told you he’d invest $1 trillion in our nation’ crumbling infrastructure. You bought it. But after his giant tax cut for corporations and millionaires, there’s no money left for infrastructure. 

5. He said he’d clean the Washington swamp. You bought it. But he’s brought into his administration more billionaires, CEOs, and Wall Street moguls than in any administration in history, to make laws that will enrich their businesses, and he’s filled departments and agencies with former lobbyists, lawyers and consultants who are crafting new policies for the same industries they recently worked for. 

Much more: https://www.salon.com/2018/01/01/new-years-update-for-trump-voters_partner/?utm_source=spotim&utm_medium=spotim_social_rail&spotim_referrer=social_rail

Dumpers :owned: by their own stupidity :lmao:   

1 hour ago, Highmark said:

By 2027.  :lol:   

And this gem:

As Trump told his wealthy friends at Mar-a-Lago just days after the tax bill became law, “You all just got a lot richer.” 

He only told his "wealthy" friends.   MC is such a tool.

7 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

:lol:

When are we going to die from the Tax plan.  I lay here waiting..........................

Get up and do something ffs....hell i already changed the oil and the tranny fluid on my 1 ton today. :lol:

5 minutes ago, DAVE said:

Get up and do something ffs....hell i already changed the oil and the tranny fluid on my 1 ton today. :lol:

Nawww....just gonna lay here and wait for it.  I may get up and throw a tantrum later, maybe burn a Trump poster, then lay back down and wait for it again.  It's coming...I know it.  Pelosi said so!

• Haha 2

You got to love how the governments has its citizenship brainwashed into thinking it needs almost $20,000 a year for every man women and child in this country.  Its absolutely insane.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Skidooski said:

He's got people like you and Slope constantly crying so   :thumb: 

No shit if he's so harmless what's the problem.  :lol:  

"He's not doing anything........but his tax plan will give the rich most of the tax break in 2027."

12 hours ago, Mainecat said:

well I will be paying less this despite making more money  #1 good in my book

#2 I don't have any idea if anything is in the tax bill for them I doubt it

#3 the y said there is no more penalty's for not buying insurance . that is fine with me for now it is no longer a punishable offence to not buy a product

#4 he said Infrastructure was next any your butt hurt side has already been crying and saying they were going to fight him on that also . we call that ass hurt overload something you are very familiar with .

#5 he is doing a pretty good job at exposing people for what they really are and I am really enjoying it

#6 he also said he was going to tear down the red tape walls and regulations to make it a lot more ez to build and drill and manufacture Thank you

#7 and prob the best the outstanding job he is doing triggering the media and in turn cunts like you . It is fucking spectacular and worth the price of admission all on its own . the steam rolling economy is just some icing to make it all a bit more sweet  

Edited by Ez ryder

On ‎1‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 1:46 PM, Highmark said:

y You got to love how the governments has its citizenship brainwashed into thinking it needs almost $20,000 a year for every man women and child in this country.  Its absolutely insane.  

It is insane. and to think some people are getting a bargain because now they only have to fork over 1/3 of what they earn is even crazier.

Edited by steve from amherst