Check your account email address ×

An announcment I don't want to make

ckf

10 minutes ago, Sal Rosenberg said:

19961213_465819477144032_7427489706450757128_n.jpg

Great photo of Rob! His brother recently built '69 Camaro. Rob wanted me to go over with him to see it this fall, but we never made it.

Here's Craig's '69

1.jpg

1 minute ago, Muskoka Rider said:

The coles pond cam is still live.  http://rlpwx.com/index.php

Yes it is. I'm not sure how long it will be up. One of his neighbors is going to be the Executor of his Estate. It will probably stay up until they turn off the DSL service.

• Like 2

Just now, Sal Rosenberg said:

Here's another , looks to be a 72 - 73 Z28 .  Rob obviously liked his camaros back in the day .      Hope it's cool to post this stuff , if not just delete it .     :bc:

16002810_366556453737002_4611047647516072337_n.jpg

Keep them coming Ron :bc:

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, f7ben said:

HAhahahahahahaha.....that was awesome when I got banned.

I made a crack at someone Rob was arguing with in total support of what Rob was saying. Rob misread it and took some cheap shot at me calling me names and making fun of the Vette crash. I responded by calling him an angry old irrelevant asshole .....I said he may own the current site but we'd all still be here and chatting it up long after they put his ass in the ground on some website somewhere.

He did not like that one bit :lol: I suspect he was drunk that night.  Fucker made me apologize before he let me back on. I sent him about the most underhanded non-apology apology ever written :lol: 

I remember that thread, that blow up and ban was definitely out of line with his typical hands off moderating. I definitely remember arguing to Rob that we didn't ban people for that kind of thing after he did it too.

30 minutes ago, Sal Rosenberg said:

A bunch of us voiced our discontent with you getting the boot too , I think that Jamie harrower or whatever his handle was got a time out around that timeframe also .   We were there for YOU , Benjman , don't ever forget it !!      :bc:    

:finger:

I don't remember defending Ben, but I definitely remember denouncing the fact that he got banned :lol:That wasn't even the only time the forum got all up in arms over when we should or should not ban people, like, the nearly impossible to reach ban line has always been a defining characteristic of this place.

41 minutes ago, Sal Rosenberg said:

19961213_465819477144032_7427489706450757128_n.jpg

Awesome. 

Hooker....Hedman ? 

Nothing like throwing on a set of headers and having to Test drive it ( with open headers) around the block!!!!!

Edited by Cold War
  • Like 2

Just now, 01mxz800 said:

I remember Rob calling me a "special kind of idiot" in a pm when I was 1st trying to sign up on HCS, I was new to this computer shit and he was trying to help my dumb ass out:bc:

He pegged you from the start. :bc: 

• Haha 3

12 minutes ago, 01mxz800 said:

I remember Rob calling me a "special kind of idiot" in a pm when I was 1st trying to sign up on HCS, I was new to this computer shit and he was trying to help my dumb ass out:bc:

Rob taught me photography and html code through email. He was a very patient man. What I always liked about rob is that he never sugar coated it :bc:

I learned to type on HCS.  It would take me 10 minutes to pluck out a sentence.

I remember in highschool, the counselor telling me I should take a typing class.

Do I look like I'm going to be a secretary, when the hell will I ever need to type???!!

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Sal Rosenberg said:

That 69 is an L78 from what I remember rob saying about it , pretty badass . :bc:

Both Rob and his brother have owned a bunch of Camaros. When Rob switched to Ford I was shocked.  His plans were to keep the RS through the winter and trade it for a new Mustang. To bad he didn't have a chance to do that.

2 minutes ago, Cold War said:

I remember in highschool, the counselor telling me I should take a typing class.

Do I look like I'm going to be a secretary, when the hell will I ever need to type???!!

I hate to admit this , but X2  :lol::lol:       

:bc:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Cold War said:

I goofed off in typing class. Then ended up spending a whole bunch of time on the computer for the job. Fastest 3 finger typist around!!!!111 :lol: 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, SSFB said:

I type very tremendous, the most words per minute!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

I could do around 80 words per minute on an IBM ball Selectric. I was in the very last typing class my school would offer (1986), the following year I took keyboarding/programming. 

THEN goto.... :lol: 

Rip Rob. I have been a lurker on fs since 2008 I believe. And like a lot of other people, I have thoroughly enjoyed the experience. 

On a side note. I would do a lot of horrible things to get my hands on a '69 hugger orange and white striped Camaro with hidden headlights. Sadly by the time I am able to own something like that, they will probably be banned or fuel unaffordable.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, bussman said:

I could do around 80 words per minute on an IBM ball Selectric. I was in the very last typing class my school would offer (1986), the following year I took keyboarding/programming. 

THEN goto.... :lol: 

I was born in 86 you old fucker. :lol:

54 minutes ago, 01mxz800 said:

I never learned how to use a computer, I could probably describe the process about as well as I can describe how I learned to speak.

26 minutes ago, Cold War said:

That's awesome! You wanna know something crazy? I could type faster than that on a flip phone by the time I joined HCS, 25-39 years olds right now were the first generation of kids to all have cell phones in middle school. I never once imagined another user might not know how to type!