An announcment I don't want to make

ckf

Very sorry to hear this, I had a lot of respect for Rob in how he handled the shitshows here and at HCS over the years and of course his epic mileage!   HCS was key for me in finding my passion for sledding, learning so much about the sport, with FS helping to continue that passion and connect with so many of you motherfuckers.  Sorry for your loss CKF

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Killer said:

Very sorry to hear this, I had a lot of respect for Rob in how he handled the shitshows here and at HCS over the years and of course his epic mileage!   HCS was key for me in finding my passion for sledding, learning so much about the sport, with FS helping to continue that passion and connect with so many of you motherfuckers.  Sorry for your loss CKF

Hi Kyle !

19 hours ago, ckf said:

It saddens me to announce the untimely death of our founder and friend, Rob has passed away. I don't know all of the details, but they think he may have had a heart attack sometime on either Monday or Tuesday. After not hearing from him via email since Monday afternoon I sent a FB message to one of his neighbors this morning asking if they could stop by to check on him. When I got a reply asking what my phone number was I knew it wasn't going to be good.

RIP my friend :sad:

rob.jpg

anyway you can take the head shot in this pic and inbed into the banner at the top as some sort of memorial for what he has left behind for the snowmobiling community?

1 hour ago, 01mxz800 said:

anyway you can take the head shot in this pic and inbed into the banner at the top as some sort of memorial for what he has left behind for the snowmobiling community?

Like they did for Bob over on Dootalk when he passed away last year. :bc:

IMG_20171207_120115.thumb.jpg.5506c2f0ba033b1a109be853da576acd.jpg

• Platinum Contributing Member
9 minutes ago, Rod Johnson said:

I'm never really knew or connected with Rob at all but rest in peace sir 

Same.   I was a very early member of HCS and never had any run in's with him on either site.   May he rest in peace from that great drone view in the sky.  

2 hours ago, 01mxz800 said:

1 hour ago, SVT Renegade XRS said:

Like they did for Bob over on Dootalk when he passed away last year. :bc:

IMG_20171207_120115.thumb.jpg.5506c2f0ba033b1a109be853da576acd.jpg

I can try to come up with something, but I'm not very good at doing stuff like that in Photoshop.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

RIP rob.  You brought a lot of people together over the years.  Some incredible friendships have been formed on the forums rob created.  Thanks for everything you did for us.  

Peace be with you.  

Yep, I've been lucky enough to come up to Alaska twice to go sledding and that would not have happened without Rob's forum. :bc:

There are some great people here. :bc:

• Like 1