An announcment I don't want to make

ckf

• Gold Member
1 minute ago, ckf said:

He had been doing great for the past year or so. He told me several times getting the Focus RS was what helped lift his spirits. I'm just glad that we got a chance to spend some quality time together this fall. Not only was he my friend, he was my mentor. He taught me everything I know about photography and building and maintaining websites. It's going to be strange not chatting with him daily via email.

Glad he had some joy in life as of late.  The pic you posted of him....  you can’t fake that smile or laugh!  Hopefully you will and can pass on the knowledge on your shared hobbies to others that are interested as well continue on with photography....  It’s a way for him to continue to live on, through you.

• Thanks 1

Just now, BOHICA said:

Glad he had some joy in life as of late.  The pic you posted of him....  you can’t fake that smile or laugh!  Hopefully you will and can pass on the knowledge on your shared hobbies to others that are interested as well continue on with photography....  It’s a way for him to continue to live on, through you.

Funny you should mention that. I have been trying to help a local kid with photography. He could one day end up being a competitor, but Rob told me that was how he got his start too. A well established VT photographer took Rob under his wing and helped him out. The two of them ended up competing with each other for sales at shows. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, ckf said:

It saddens me to announce the untimely death of our founder and friend, Rob has passed away. I don't know all of the details, but they think he may have had a heart attack sometime on either Monday or Tuesday. After not hearing from him via email since Monday afternoon I sent a FB message to one of his neighbors this morning asking if they could stop by to check on him. When I got a reply asking what my phone number was I knew it wasn't going to be good.

RIP my friend :sad:

rob.jpg

Great pic John! So good to see Rob smiling and enjoying himself especially after suffering the blues with the loss of his lifetime love Jane.

RIP Rob, may you and Jane enjoy heavenly Quebec trails along with the finest drink and smoke for eternity :bc:  :roll:

• Like 2

aww man, so sorry to read this. if there's any good out of this, he's now with his wife jane whom he missed terribly. rip rob and thanks for the memories :bc:

my condolences to ckf and others who knew him well.

Edited by Snoslinger
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ckf said:

He had been doing great for the past year or so. He told me several times getting the Focus RS was what helped lift his spirits. I'm just glad that we got a chance to spend some quality time together this fall. Not only was he my friend, he was my mentor. He taught me everything I know about photography and building and maintaining websites. It's going to be strange not chatting with him daily via email.

Damn .  Sorry to hear about this , John , I know you guy's were close .    Like the other guy's have said and the first thing that I thought when I read this news 10 mins ago...... he's back with Jane now .     I never met the man , but I've met a lot of really cool people because him.    RIP Rob Lyons .     :bc:

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Wildboer said:

God fucking damn it. I don't don't know what to say. Fucking FUCK. God damnit this is not ok. 

It is ok ......in fact its more than ok. Its the way things were supposed to be 

• Platinum Contributing Member

RIP Rob. If not for Rob, I would have no idea that  only 85 or so miles away, there is an elderly masked perv who gets his jollies lifting atvs and taking selfies whilst in his pee stained bvd's. For that I'm eternally grateful. 

• Haha 1