Check your account email address ×

little bit of heaven

• Platinum Contributing Member
7 minutes ago, SVT Renegade XRS said:

Go read the reports on fishweb 

All the trails in the UP are closed :news:

I just read some on the eastern u.p. and some gates closed but didn't see all trails closed. Next weekend will be fine 

we were going to head up toward the hill tomorrow but with what their calling for just north of me off the lake should be able to ride fairly close to home went on a search and seek mission and found 12" 1/2 hour east of me and calling for 10+ tonite and trails did not look bad at all might ride right to The Great Eastern Whiteout in Fulton NY

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, SVT Renegade XRS said:

I head it's like riding around Gaylord and Cadillac as far as the traffic goes on a busy weekend. 

someone counted sleds, I think watching a web cam, and counted 400 in an hour a few years ago

2 minutes ago, Kivalo said:

Tug Hill is a straight shit show on the weekends, especially when there is little to no snow south of there.

yep. we go early and leave early. by 4:00 and beyond the drunks are out.

1 minute ago, 01mxz800 said:

we were going to head up toward the hill tomorrow but with what their calling for just north of me off the lake should be able to ride fairly close to home went on a search and seek mission and found 12" 1/2 hour east of me and calling for 10+ tonite and trails did not look bad at all might ride right to The Great Eastern Whiteout in Fulton NY

cato getting any? I like riding that area.

4 minutes ago, Kivalo said:

Tug Hill is a straight shit show on the weekends, especially when there is little to no snow south of there.

Which is why I said I've heard it's just like Cadillac and Gaylord in the weekends.  I'll drive to the Western UP 9+ hours before I'll ride in Cadillac or Gaylord on a weekend.  Complete cluster fuck 

1 minute ago, Skidooski said:

I just read some on the eastern u.p. and some gates closed but didn't see all trails closed. Next weekend will be fine 

They're closed to non Michigan residents :news:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Snoslinger said:

cato getting any? I like riding that area.

I didn't drive that far south but 104 from Red Creek east looked real good and cato should be getting the lake effect from tonight we ride this area all the time and only go north out of desperation we might still go to the hill on Monday buddy took monday off so we can ride, our club maintains the 104 trails from Red Creek west

4 hours ago, Snoslinger said:

likely parish. usually barnes corners but don't think that's necessary this weekend.

we occasionaly unload at Selkirk Shores and ride in from there up through Pulaski to Redfield, Altmar and back

1 hour ago, Snoslinger said:

bailed. friends reported groomers can't keep up and it's also ny's free snowmobile weekend for out-of-staters. what a mess that place is going to be. going one day next week instead.

They have closed much of the area, Redfield and a few others for sure, canceled the races in OF.

23 minutes ago, 1jkw said:

They have closed much of the area, Redfield and a few others for sure, canceled the races in OF.

in redfield people were asked to stay away with their rigs because they can't plow. you can still ride the trails. this "free" weekend is a bunch of shit. the place gets enough traffic as it is on weekends. 

• Gold Member
2 hours ago, Snoslinger said:

bailed. friends reported groomers can't keep up and it's also ny's free snowmobile weekend for out-of-staters. what a mess that place is going to be. going one day next week instead.

You woman!

If you have the time blocked off still why not give Lake George a try. I have always had a great ride there. Easy places to stay right on the trail also.

1 minute ago, Kivalo said:

You woman!

If you have the time blocked off still why not give Lake George a try. I have always had a great ride there. Easy places to stay right on the trail also.

i'd like to try that area sometime but they're probably hurting for snow. 

6 hours ago, Snoslinger said:

in redfield people were asked to stay away with their rigs because they can't plow. you can still ride the trails. this "free" weekend is a bunch of shit. the place gets enough traffic as it is on weekends. 

free weekends need to stop,  except for quebecs.  fucking flatlander invasion last weekend tearing up the trails without paying.  no on uses the free wekend to go to NH everyone uses it to go to maine.  

• Like 2

• Platinum Contributing Member
14 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

free weekends need to stop,  except for quebecs.  fucking flatlander invasion last weekend tearing up the trails without paying.  no on uses the free wekend to go to NH everyone uses it to go to maine.  

It was a shit show on the Tug yesterday,  lots of our trails cross private land,..with plenty of signs "stay on trail or stay home"  "riding off the trail will cause closure ".. One area plastered with these signs owned by a horse farm..10-15 idiots just ripping up the pasture,. 2 guys stuck, sleds parked right in this guy's back yard.., 2 mile road ride or this generous land owner allows us to cut through his property as long as we stay on the trail, out of states don't give a fuck

8 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

It was a shit show on the Tug yesterday,  lots of our trails cross private land,..with plenty of signs "stay on trail or stay home"  "riding off the trail will cause closure ".. One area plastered with these signs owned by a horse farm..10-15 idiots just ripping up the pasture,. 2 guys stuck, sleds parked right in this guy's back yard.., 2 mile road ride or this generous land owner allows us to cut through his property as long as we stay on the trail, out of states don't give a fuck

bunch of assholes. when i heard this was the free weekend last night, it explained why friday was extra busy and full of cops. a friend saw a bunch of cop rigs parked at barnes corners on friday. 

9 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

See it all the time up there.  Idiot's have no respect for other's property and before you know it it's down the edges of blacktop roads to bypass pissed off land owners.  The kid wants to go up next weekend and 2 buddy's want us to stay at their place in Redfield but I don't think it's a great idea with a 12 old kid on the weekend in that area.  Think we'll look for something east of there where it's hopefully a bit more quiet.  Hate to piss freinds off but to me it ain't worth the risk.

2 minutes ago, hayward said:

See it all the time up there.  Idiot's have no respect for other's property and before you know it it's down the edges of blacktop roads to bypass pissed off land owners.  The kid wants to go up next weekend and 2 buddy's want us to stay at their place in Redfield but I don't think it's a great idea with a 12 old kid on the weekend in that area.  Think we'll look for something east of there where it's hopefully a bit more quiet.  Hate to piss freinds off but to me it ain't worth the risk.

smart move, not a good idea. 

Just now, hayward said:

I know a few guys who really know the area, they say there are plenty of places to ride without the crowds, I just don't know where they are.

Unloaded at Fair Haven state park, shit was pretty fuckin deep in spots lots of water holes but managed to clock 70 miles, would have been more had we not agreed to ride with the "duct tape crew"