Check your account email address ×

Will trump bailout gubermont motors again?

BOHICA

• Platinum Contributing Member
3 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

This thread will be complete when we get a ram cummins guy come in and say they get over 20 mpg!!!!

Just telling you what the truck reads for record mpg. I bet if it was a Ford you'd believe it :snack:

5 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

This thread will be complete when we get a ram cummins guy come in and say they get over 20 mpg!!!!

LOL, even though it looks like it , I'm not trying to be a dink to Ski , he seems like a cool cat , but when somebody makes a claim like that I can't always not say something :lol:     My 4 banger Focus work beater struggled to get 30 mpg city and a fullsize truck is carrying at least a 1500 lb weight penalty .  The physics just don't work .

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sal Rosenberg said:

LOL, even though it looks like it , I'm not trying to be a dink to Ski , he seems like a cool cat , but when somebody makes a claim like that I can't always not say something :lol:     My 4 banger Focus work beater struggled to get 30 mpg city and a fullsize truck is carrying at least a 1500 lb weight penalty .  The physics just don't work .

I'm not trying to be either but the record milage set per the computer was just at 30mpg on a trip to NY I took to Coopers Town to see my godson play ball over there. I put pictures up on the old forum. 

If I can tailgate a semi going good downwind again for 50 miles I should be able to duplicate it and I'll put up another pic :true:

Edited by Skidooski

1 minute ago, Skidooski said:

I'm not trying to be either but the record milage set per the computer was just at 30mpg on a trip to NY I took to Coopers Town to see my godson play ball over there. I put pictures up on the old forum. 

If I can tailgate a semi going good downwind again for 50 miles I should be able to duplicate it and I'll put up another pic 

Well Ok  , that's different kinda thing then , yer purposely going out of your way to see if you can max out your mpg and see what you end up with .  That would explain a stellar # like you got .   I was assuming we were just talking random , normal running around town   :bc:

31 minutes ago, Kev144 said:

Test drove one before buying a Ford and it was nice but as you said rear end sucks. Feels like I have to floor it as well to make it move.  

Ford is a much better performing truck all around than the Chev. 

Same thing I noticed driving my brother '15 Ram with 3.91s 

Yep :news:

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Sal Rosenberg said:

Well Ok  , that's different kinda thing then , yer purposely going out of your way to see if you can max out your mpg and see what you end up with .  That would explain a stellar # like you got .   I was assuming we were just talking random , normal running around town   :bc:

No no...like I said earlier 22 is normal around town stuff and obviously worse if I'm beating on it and worse yet pulling my trailer with a couple sleds. The record was set some time during this trip from MI to NY and I frankly have no idea when or how it happened. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BOHICA said:

my f150 is around 14.9 day in day out and a solid 7.9 yanking a enclosed at 85ish . I will also add I think the bottom of my gas peddle visits the weather tech all the time .  

4 minutes ago, Dave said:

If they put a diesel in a Tundra id be all over it...

Yeah that'd be cool.  Instead they wasted that Cummins on that ugly nissan.

Still I've got tons of power.  Much more than my Z71 had. Plus I've got long tubes and gutted all the EPA shit.  So, supposed to be well over 400 ponies.  Yeah...that probably doesn't help mileage. :lol:

10 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

my f150 is around 14.9 day in day out and a solid 7.9 yanking a enclosed at 85ish . I will also add I think the bottom of my gas peddle visits the weather tech all the time .  

So a girls truck smacks the fuck out of yours in every way then eh. :snack:

12 hours ago, Skidooski said:

No no...like I said earlier 22 is normal around town stuff and obviously worse if I'm beating on it and worse yet pulling my trailer with a couple sleds. The record was set some time during this trip from MI to NY and I frankly have no idea when or how it happened. 

I drive alot. A good mix of highway and city but probably mostly highway. My impala with the 3.6 only averages 24-25mpgs. That's on the computer. Mind you I drive like a psycho so I could probably squeeze another 1 or 2mpgs out of it. 

But a half ton pick up with a 4.3?... Ehhh that's pushing it. And I'll bet if you are towing a 2 place clam you will struggle to get 10mpgs...

12 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

You know what's funny? Every vehicle I have ever owned I wore a hole in the mat by the peddle within the first year. On my old 89 s-10 (stick) I wore a hole thru the floor board in 3 years... :lol:

12 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

nice a girls truck. bet the Thule bike rack looks tough in that receiver

Oh boy :lol:

12 hours ago, dz246 said:

Tuned one gets 30........ :lol: 

:lol:

1 hour ago, Skidooski said:

So a girls truck smacks the fuck out of yours in every way then eh. :snack:

MPG, but that's it

59 minutes ago, Anler said:

I drive alot. A good mix of highway and city but probably mostly highway. My impala with the 3.6 only averages 24-25mpgs. That's on the computer. Mind you I drive like a psycho so I could probably squeeze another 1 or 2mpgs out of it. 

But a half ton pick up with a 4.3?... Ehhh that's pushing it. And I'll bet if you are towing a 2 place clam you will struggle to get 10mpgs...

If I drive it easy it sips gas at 20 mpg no problems. If I'm towing my 19 foot enclosed in line in reads 11 to 12. Trans temp towing is about the same also...maybe a few degrees difference. It's really not that bad of a truck. I'll admit I was concerned with the V6 at first but it's a full size truck for a daily driver so it's been great. It's only a lease so mpg and reliability is all I really care about. That and a lower monthly payment.

All this with even having square wheel wells  :ashamed: