Check your account email address ×

Ski Donk 8 Diddy turb

23 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

why i went from ZX to rev and then rev to XP.  Even with the XP/XS i still have to stand to stretch the knees a fair amount.  

wrong,  only got rag dolled off my rider forward sleds but i rode them in way different conditions.  Just because you own and old sit down POS doesn't mean you need to get salty.  

Same here. But no where near as much as I had to on my F, S or ZX chassis sleds. 

:lol:

Edited by SVT MXZ XRS

7 hours ago, Edmo said:

XS skidoo with a 3” taller WRP seat.

Procross with mountain seat.

You have to be way up there with that seat..?

7 hours ago, Matt said:

Trek Bikes and a Radar Senate slalom ski.  I moved to Arizona for the endless summer.  :)

Ahhh lol.

7 hours ago, Kev144 said:

Ride something Built in the last 15 years that didn't come out of a barn

Hopefully soon...

7 hours ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

:lol:

:lmao:

He's got a '16 SkiDoo Blizzard 800 

Way better that sit down sleds. Your JD F7 is like a lumber wagon compared to these new ones  

You finally get off that little buzzaw 440 you were riding  & think your Chris Burandt now ... :snack:

7 hours ago, Kev144 said:

Does fordy John deer f7 even run or is is barnstang material now 

Runs good - needs gone thru.

5 hours ago, XCR1250 said:

1 of my trail sleds is a 1214 cc triple in a 2002 XC Edge 600 chassis..I do shocks here so it actually rides pretty good and rails around corners, love passing the rider forward sleds on their low side..gonna quit doing that soon, at almost 73 years old it's time to slow down some..they always ask, "what's in that thing"  LOL

Bad ass sled!!

5 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

why i went from ZX to rev and then rev to XP.  Even with the XP/XS i still have to stand to stretch the knees a fair amount.  

wrong,  only got rag dolled off my rider forward sleds but i rode them in way different conditions.  Just because you own and old sit down POS doesn't mean you need to get salty.  

Too high of COG :dunno:

12 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

big difference with sitting with your knees up around your chin and in a comfortable position.   

tell that to a man dressed up like a village people tribute band riding a bike with 1950s tec with a 2020 price tag .

that said on a fresh groom I love jumping on a old zr and hanging off the seat and hammering out . key word fresh groom 

Edited by Ez ryder

1 hour ago, ford_428cj said:

Ahhh lol.

Hopefully soon...

You finally get off that little buzzaw 440 you were riding  & think your Chris Burandt now ... :snack:

Bad ass sled!!

Yep, you're still clueless about sleds 

9 hours ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

Wait for it.........

FORDSLEDPics_2_10_07_100THONGtemp.jpg.d81fb8fc5ad9c4d49e16582b91119968.jpg

:snack:

lol i had that sled how come i did not get the bannana hammock? must have been a snow check only option 

18 hours ago, XCR1250 said:

1214 XC Edge...for sale now.

XC Edge 1214 CC.....8 001.jpg

post-29030-1264363389_thumb.jpg

000_0050.jpg

Hated that chassis with its falling rate front end. Mid corner of a tightening radius turn and it'd decide to lift the inside ski 12 inches and ruin your line. Sucked coming from the Indys that would always stay planted. 

14 hours ago, ford_428cj said:

Ahhh lol.

Hopefully soon...

Bad ass sled!!

just different kinds of riding,  if your going to ride offtrail your going to get tossed.  Only time i was tossed on the trail i came over a rise WOT and there was a 90 degree on the other side with a stumpfield in front so going in wasn't a good option.  

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, ACE said:

I really liked the S chassis 

You would have loved that '99 670HO I just sold.  Had an SC-3 rear skid with '12 TNT shocks in it. Make a big difference.  I loved my '95 FormulaZ 583.  It's a shame the 583 and 670HO never made it to the ZX chassis.

Edited by SVT MXZ XRS

12 hours ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

That's ford_428cj  :lol:

You still scared to post a pic of yourself? :snack:

1 hour ago, Angry ginger said:

just different kinds of riding,  if your going to ride offtrail your going to get tossed.  Only time i was tossed on the trail i came over a rise WOT and there was a 90 degree on the other side with a stumpfield in front so going in wasn't a good option.  

Disadvantage being taller on sleds IMO - except you can power leverage the sled to save it... if you're not a scrawny beanpole like Bhen anyway.

2 minutes ago, ford_428cj said:

Disadvantage being taller on sleds IMO - except you can power leverage the sled to save it... if you're not a scrawny beanpole like Bhen anyway.

I think almost everybody has posted at least one pic of themselves here....but not real sure.

Being of a shorter stature is definitely a bonus in many motorsports.  Sledding is certainly one.  I remember some years ago that one engineer from Doo(I think) said that their designs are basically set for a man of around 5-10 and 170 pounds.  I think anything within a few inches of that works well for any brand (poundage is now offset with suspension adjustments for the higher end models)but, once you get way under or over, it becomes a bit tougher to find a good fit on a sled and performance of the sled can suffer.

29 minutes ago, ford_428cj said:

I've posted pictures of me on several sites. Including this one.    

:lmao: :lol:

Edited by SVT MXZ XRS

• Platinum Contributing Member
46 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I think almost everybody has posted at least one pic of themselves here....but not real sure.

Being of a shorter stature is definitely a bonus in many motorsports.  Sledding is certainly one.  I remember some years ago that one engineer from Doo(I think) said that their designs are basically set for a man of around 5-10 and 170 pounds.  I think anything within a few inches of that works well for any brand (poundage is now offset with suspension adjustments for the higher end models)but, once you get way under or over, it becomes a bit tougher to find a good fit on a sled and performance of the sled can suffer.

Nailed it...Indycar, MotoX, SnoX, F1, Nascar....guys like Mikey  Waltrip and Buddy Baker were outliers for sure. 

47 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I don't recall Pyle ever posting a pic. You know what he looks like? :dunno:

Truf. Sounds about right for the design. 6'4" / 240 here. Like the sit down sleds better in a sense so I can keep better COG - but I ride using legs a lot partially standing. If I sit - I have knees around tank & feet back. Not super comfortable - but can control way better. Have a 8" riser on the F-cat & stock seat. Boss seat was up too high for me.

26 minutes ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

I've posted pictures of me on several sites. Including this one.    

:lmao: :lol:

Link? :read:

4 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Nailed it...Indycar, MotoX, SnoX, F1, Nascar....guys like Mikey  Waltrip and Buddy Baker were outliers for sure. 

Stock cars it wouldn't matter - except for weight. Not sure if driver is in car when they are weighed?

• Platinum Contributing Member
12 minutes ago, ford_428cj said:

Stock cars it wouldn't matter - except for weight. Not sure if driver is in car when they are weighed?

Not sure either and I think the reason most are so small now is that they came from Sprint Cars and other forms of racing where most drivers are smaller. 

13 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

The conclusion I’ve kinda come up with is that motorsports, both in their vehicle form and rider fashion have somehow catered to gentlemen of the smaller persuasion.  Not real sure why, maybe it’s because some weird Napoleonic complex and these ex racers are now in development for these companies.  :dunno: All I know is, most of the racers I’ve raced with and run into over the years have been smaller.  Or should I say, “eye level”?   :lol:

Also, let’s not forget that I think average height is also well under six foot so, it’s not a clear jump in conclusions.  But, some of these bike and SX racers are very small.  I mean like, “Hey, that small jacket seems to fit you very comfortably” small.

Beats me.  :dunno:

8 minutes ago, ford_428cj said:

I don't recall Pyle ever posting a pic. You know what he looks like? :dunno:

Truf. Sounds about right for the design. 6'4" / 240 here. Like the sit down sleds better in a sense so I can keep better COG - but I ride using legs a lot partially standing. If I sit - I have knees around tank & feet back. Not super comfortable - but can control way better. Have a 8" riser on the F-cat & stock seat. Boss seat was up too high for me.

Link? :read:

Who is “Pyle”?

1 minute ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Not sure either and I think the reason most are so small now is that they came from Sprint Cars and other forms of racing where most drivers are smaller. 

Nascar is car has to be a certain weight WITHOUT driver.