Check your account email address ×

Mid Engine C8 Corvette Coming In July

1 hour ago, Angry ginger said:

i have my renewal on my desk,  my daughter is $1840 (11 mazda 3),  son is $1758 (02 Wrangler)  and the wife and i combined are $1339 on a 13 explorer and 17 highlander for a total of $4940.  it's fucking crazy

Is that a year or every 6 months? And I was going to complain at $3500 every 6 months. My wife and I plus 2 "older" children and 5 vehicles. Luckily my oldest son bought his own place and had to get his own insurance. Saved me from having to kick him off ours, Lol. Yeah we get it right in the keester. Gonna be worse with the catastrophic claims increase.

1 minute ago, Skidude600 said:

Is that a year or every 6 months? And I was going to complain at $3500 every 6 months. My wife and I plus 2 "older" children and 5 vehicles. Luckily my oldest son bought his own place and had to get his own insurance. Saved me from having to kick him off ours, Lol. Yeah we get it right in the keester. Gonna be worse with the catastrophic claims increase.

thats a year-  I pay annually not semi

• Platinum Contributing Member
23 minutes ago, Skidude600 said:

We definitely take it in the shorts in this state. 

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
45 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

theres a $380 surcharge on my sons jeep right now as he slid off the road and hit a fence.  Was cheaper to pay the surcharge than the fence as he had to hit a rich persons fancy metal fence not some cheap wooden one.    

Did you tell him " you cant even fuck up right"?

35 minutes ago, Skidude600 said:

12 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

We definitely take it in the shorts in this state. 

Yep  Worse than in Commiefornia and Hawaii :flush:

8 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

:lmao:

I got the skinny on the new Vette. A engineer in our office wife ,is on the Vette design team. The unveiling will be in July. The race car version is done. The street legal version hit some engineering hurdles. They will be lucky to deliver them to the dealerships by Oct 1. Base model is less than 60k. There are ten dealerships that were allowed to start taking deposits on them last week. The twin turbo won’t be released until next year and will be around $120k. There is a hybrid awd in the works. It will be the twin turbo powering the rear wheels and electric motor for each wheel in the front. The electric won’t kick in until the rear start to slip. This model could be over 180k and maybe track only? They still plan on producing the front engine Vette. 

2 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

I got the skinny on the new Vette. A engineer in our office wife ,is on the Vette design team. The unveiling will be in July. The race car version is done. The street legal version hit some engineering hurdles. They will be lucky to deliver them to the dealerships by Oct 1. Base model is less than 60k. There are ten dealerships that were allowed to start taking deposits on them last week. The twin turbo won’t be released until next year and will be around $120k. There is a hybrid awd in the works. It will be the twin turbo powering the rear wheels and electric motor for each wheel in the front. The electric won’t kick in until the rear start to slip. This model could be over 180k and maybe track only? They still plan on producing the front engine Vette. 

They would be stupid if they didn't.  Most people wouldn't buy a $60K base model Corvette.  They sell very few z06 and zr1 vettes.They'd price themselves into ANOTHER bankruptcy.

5 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

Still the best, bad assing, bang for the buck by far.  

One black ZR1 please.  

17 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

The electric front wheel drive sounds like the nsx. Corvettes have taken down super cars multiple times it's price tag for years. This thing is gonna be unreal. The gm chassis have been on another level the last few years. 

3 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

A bud just paid 108k for a Shelby F150. What a bargain.:lol:

I see those on the lots. I was wondering who was buying them. That’s a lot of Ching for a pickup.

53 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

something along those lines when i got the quote. He had gone over morning after he hit it to talk to the guy and let him know he was paying.  then we got the bill.  

6 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Is that the name of the vehicle that you think is more bang for the buck than the vette?  That’s weird.  That’s what I call it too!  :lmao:

They're not even closer to being best bang for your buck

4 minutes ago, Edmo said:

I see those on the lots. I was wondering who was buying them. That’s a lot of Ching for a pickup.

Out west in Commiefornia, Arizona, New Mexico, Vegas. They can't get enough of them.   

Guy who bought my Raptor off of Mark is from Michigan but lives out in Commiefornia for their business.  Traded my truck in on a Saturday, he  bought it the following Monday. It's crazy what they pay for used Raptors out there, that's why he bought mine here. What they pay for new one is even more ridiculous. A regular Gen2 Raptor out there easily sells for $100K.  Those Shelby Raptors and Shelby F150s damn near double.