Check your account email address ×

It's so fucking amazing

f7ben

I've said it before but I've been snowmobiling since the early 70s and we used to go to Old Forge, Maine, Vermont for snowmobile vacations in February. Got rained on plenty of times even up in the county. Seems to be about the same to me. I remember a couple Winters in the mid-90s where we rode dirt bikes every weekend. Never snowed at all. Couple years ago we had four feet of snow on the ground in Connecticut for most of the winter.

1 minute ago, DAVE said:

Your area is the center of the universe?

I said none of that you dope. I am talking about here. I dont live or snowmobile in these other places you speak of. 

We've had the best winter I've seen in central IL since I moved back down here 8 years ago.  I actually got in some local riding, nearly got stuck a couple of times in the drifted over ditches.  I'd love to see a 12-18" snowstorm yet this year down here.  That used to be a once a week occurrence when I lived in the UP.

3 minutes ago, s pump said:

I've said it before but I've been snowmobiling since the early 70s and we used to go to Old Forge, Maine, Vermont for snowmobile vacations in February. Got rained on plenty of times even up in the county. Seems to be about the same to me. I remember a couple Winters in the mid-90s where we rode dirt bikes every weekend. Never snowed at all. Couple years ago we had four feet of snow on the ground in Connecticut for most of the winter.

Yup...it comes and goes.

1 minute ago, XC.Morrison said:

We've had the best winter I've seen in central IL since I moved back down here 8 years ago.  I actually got in some local riding, nearly got stuck a couple of times in the drifted over ditches.  I'd love to see a 12-18" snowstorm yet this year down here.  That used to be a once a week occurrence when I lived in the UP.

The up is a lake effect area.

• Platinum Contributing Member
8 minutes ago, s pump said:

We didn't get a mid January thaw this yr as we usualy do. I believe this week is it.Its just late.

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, jammin said:

Northern WI picked up 12+ over the past couple days. 

This is just East of the cabin.

Image may contain: tree, outdoor, nature and text

Yep.   Got a group of guys went to our cabin last night.   Said they are awesome.   Might take off this afternoon and head up.  

• Thanks 1

Just now, Jimmy Snacks said:

Don't bother with Stinker...he states the obvious and always takes the opposite side of what is being said. 

My opinion differs from yours...and you cant handle that.

1 hour ago, DAVE said:

:lol:

The same thing happened 25 yrs ago.

Not here it didn't, Elk Lake that didn't freeze in 2016 was the only time anyone can remember it not freezing at all. We have had many low or no snow years but not the warm temps. like now.

24 minutes ago, 1jkw said:

Not here it didn't, Elk Lake that didn't freeze in 2016 was the only time anyone can remember it not freezing at all. We have had many low or no snow years but not the warm temps. like now.

So what happens if you have a cold yr again next yr?

19 minutes ago, DAVE said:

So what happens if you have a cold yr again next yr?

Hopefully the lakes freeze and we get some snow. We had many years with little snow, just not these warm temps.

Some trails are buried in snow and clubs are having a tough time grooming. Having to drop drags and pack the 2 feet of fresh snow on top of the 4' that was already there. Imagine being a guy with 8 days off and 6 days of riding that. :news:

Northern Ontario for the madafucking win!!!!

On 2/7/2019 at 11:44 PM, f7ben said:

Just moved home to Northern MN 6 weeks ago. I'm mucho happy now!!!!

You've moved a couple times is that a work requirement? 

Edited by jtssrx