Check your account email address ×

Only 364 Migrant Kids Out of 2,500+ Have Been Reunited With Parents

an hour ago 
Mike Blake / Reuters 

Only 364 of more than 2,500 migrant children separated from their parents at the U.S. border with Mexico have been reunited—just one week away from a court-ordered deadline. In a court filing late Thursday, the Trump administration also revealed that of 1,607 parents eligible to be reunited with their children, 719 have final orders of deportation, meaning they may be removed from the country as soon as they are reunited with their children. Those parents would then face the unimaginable choice between bringing their child back to a potentially dangerous country or leaving them behind in the care of the Trump government. “That’s a pretty horrifying statistic,” said Lindsay Toczylowski, executive director of the Immigrant Defenders Law Center, of the 719 figure. “We have had such limited communication with parents it was difficult to know where they were in their case.” She added that number was “way higher than I thought,” and said lawyers would need to make contact with reunited families to advise them on potential legal avenues to stay.

odd there are that many . I though action at the border was slowed way down and we did not need a wall or more ice agents . just think what the trails from Mexico to the US looked like when people were actively sneaking in .

better question were the 364 kids and there guardians then shipped the fuck out? 

I have a system want your kid get in line sign the paper that says if you ever come back to the US illegally you will get a min 10 yr hard time sentence and loose your kids for life then get on the provided bus to go back to where ever you came from .

how long do you think the line would be .10 deep would be my guess 

Just now, Mainecat said:

May were from parents seeking asylum.

...only after they were caught.

"No, I was gonna pay for it.... tomorrow."

364 kids?  I guess they couldn't sell them into Trump's undergroud sex trade.  Must be but ugly or, maybe already clapped out from their parents.

• Platinum Contributing Member
51 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

May were from parents seeking asylum.

90% are from Mexico, your war torn countries narrative is an epic fail

Edited by Rigid1

1 hour ago, Mainecat said:

an hour ago 
Mike Blake / Reuters 

Only 364 of more than 2,500 migrant children separated from their parents at the U.S. border with Mexico have been reunited—just one week away from a court-ordered deadline. In a court filing late Thursday, the Trump administration also revealed that of 1,607 parents eligible to be reunited with their children, 719 have final orders of deportation, meaning they may be removed from the country as soon as they are reunited with their children. Those parents would then face the unimaginable choice between bringing their child back to a potentially dangerous country or leaving them behind in the care of the Trump government. “That’s a pretty horrifying statistic,” said Lindsay Toczylowski, executive director of the Immigrant Defenders Law Center, of the 719 figure. “We have had such limited communication with parents it was difficult to know where they were in their case.” She added that number was “way higher than I thought,” and said lawyers would need to make contact with reunited families to advise them on potential legal avenues to stay.

Of the 719 you have no idea why they were scheduled for deportation.   Many could have criminal backgrounds.   Many might not have any background meaning we don't know exactly who they are.   Better to help them make their own country better than open our doors to everyone.   

Imagine if we gave one kid back to someone who was a human trafficker.   There would be hell to pay.   It absolutely correct for them to do due diligence and making sure people are who they say they are with what is happening but the left will use this as something bad.   Disgusting.  

27 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Imagine if we gave one kid back to someone who was a human trafficker.   There would be hell to pay.   It absolutely correct for them to do due diligence and making sure people are who they say they are with what is happening but the left will use this as something bad.   Disgusting.  

I'd bet good money the Dems are doing all they can to infiltrate that "parent pool" trying to nab a kid that isn't theirs also.  I am literally to the point I put nothing past that disgraced party.

7 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

I mean WTF do we have our military stationed around the globe for? Isn’t the US trying to help these very people?

Military is for killing kids (brown kids) not helping them, dumbass!!!!111