Check your account email address ×

High on the job

dirtybeacher

2 minutes ago, 02sled said:

I suspect you may see an increase in random drug testing when Trudopes new laws come into effect. A number of employers have already made it clear that it will not be tolerated on company property.

good luck unless you are in that business that is allowed to test, for the most part its illegal in Canada.   

What have these places done for the last 40 or 50 years :dunno:   pot isn't new 

These cops are in trouble, if they stole evidence they will do time.   And what a couple of light weights :lol:  why not just ride it out and end your shift for fuck sakes 

1 minute ago, dirtybeacher said:

I would guess these guys had little to no experience with edibles.  😂

apparently they were not getting buzzed so they moud down more :lol:  

you can get more of a buzz eating but come on flipping out really doesn't come into play for the average guy.

These two ruined their careers with one call 

1 minute ago, 1trailmaker said:

apparently they were not getting buzzed so they moud down more :lol:  

you can get more of a buzz eating but come on flipping out really doesn't come into play for the average guy.

These two ruined their careers with one call 

Ya, losing your shit is uncharacteristic with weed.  Unless you mix it with something else, even alcohol.  I'm sure they're going to enjoy their work at star security this summer.  

53 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

good luck unless you are in that business that is allowed to test, for the most part its illegal in Canada.   

What have these places done for the last 40 or 50 years :dunno:   pot isn't new 

These cops are in trouble, if they stole evidence they will do time.   And what a couple of light weights :lol:  why not just ride it out and end your shift for fuck sakes 

I haven't found anything that specifically says it is illegal. There are circumstances and conditions but it doesn't seem to be defined by the business. It would seem that

A drug and alcohol testing policy that respects human rights and may be justifiable under the Code is one that: 

• Is based on a rational connection between the purpose of testing (minimizing the risk of impairment to ensure safety) and job performance
  • Shows that testing is necessary to achieve workplace safety
  • Is put in place after alternative, less intrusive methods for detecting impairment and increasing workplace safety have been explored
  • Is used only in limited circumstances, such as for-cause, post-incident or post-reinstatement situations
  • Does not apply automatic consequences following positive tests
  • Does not conflate substance use with substance addiction
  • Is used as part of a larger assessment of drug or alcohol addiction (for example, employee assistance programs, drug education and awareness programs and a broader medical assessment by a professional with expertise in substance use disorders or physician that provides a process for inquiring into possible disability)
  • Provides individualized accommodation for people with addictions who test positive, to the point of undue hardship
  • Uses testing methods that are highly accurate, able to measure current impairment, are minimally intrusive and provide rapid results
  • Uses reputable procedures for analysis, and
  • Ensures confidentiality of medical information and the dignity of the person throughout the process

For most businesses it wouldn't be tough to validate the need for testing.

18 minutes ago, dirtybeacher said:

Ya, losing your shit is uncharacteristic with weed.  Unless you mix it with something else, even alcohol.  I'm sure they're going to enjoy their work at star security this summer.  

Mall cops.

Just now, 02sled said:

I haven't found anything that specifically says it is illegal. There are circumstances and conditions but it doesn't seem to be defined by the business. It would seem that

A drug and alcohol testing policy that respects human rights and may be justifiable under the Code is one that: 

• Is based on a rational connection between the purpose of testing (minimizing the risk of impairment to ensure safety) and job performance
  • Is put in place after alternative, less intrusive methods for detecting impairment and increasing workplace safety have been explored
  • Is used only in limited circumstances, such as for-cause, post-incident or post-reinstatement situations
  • Is used as part of a larger assessment of drug or alcohol addiction (for example, employee assistance programs, drug education and awareness programs and a broader medical assessment by a professional with expertise in substance use disorders or physician that provides a process for inquiring into possible disability)
  • Provides individualized accommodation for people with addictions who test positive, to the point of undue hardship
  • Uses testing methods that are highly accurate, able to measure current impairment, are minimally intrusive and provide rapid results
  • Ensures confidentiality of medical information and the dignity of the person throughout the process

Its pretty much illegal in Ontario.  We have been asked by some US customers to provide drug tests before visiting a site, but there's no place to go in Ontario for that.  So it's never enforced for us.

6 minutes ago, 02sled said:

6.2 Random Testing for Drugs and Alcohol

Since a positive drug test cannot measure present impairment and can only confirm that a person has been exposed to drugs at some point in the past (sometimes as much as several weeks in the past), a positive test cannot determine whether a person was impaired on the job. Therefore, random drug tests cannot be shown to be reasonably necessary to accomplish the goal of ensuring that workers are not impaired by drugs while on the job.

14 Note the exception in the case of bus and truck operators. As long as employees are notified that alcohol testing is a condition of employment, random alcohol testing of employees in safety-sensitive positions may be permissible, but only if the employer accommodates the needs of those who test positive and are determined to be dependent on alcohol.

15 Random alcohol testing of an employee in a non-safety-sensitive position is not appropriate.

Conclusion

In addition to alcohol and drug use, there are many other factors—such as fatigue, stress, anxiety and personal problems—that lead to employee impairment and jeopardize workplace safety. The Commission encourages employers to adopt programs and policies that focus on identifying impairment and safety risks, and that are remedial, not punitive. An employer should consider adopting comprehensive workplace health policies that may include employee assistance programs, drug education and health promotion programs, off-site counselling and referral services, and peer

http://publications.gc.ca/collections/collection_2009/ccdp-chrc/HR4-6-2009E.pdf

7 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Its pretty much illegal in Ontario.  We have been asked by some US customers to provide drug tests before visiting a site, but there's no place to go in Ontario for that.  So it's never enforced for us.

It is for Transport Driver

30 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

TTC has random testing. About 2% of 1,269 employees tested positive for drugs or alcohol since May. Half of TTC employees who failed random drug test in first 6 months tested positive for pot

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/half-of-ttc-employees-who-failed-random-drug-test-in-first-6-months-tested-positive-for-pot-1.4401489

In yet another case to look at the issue of random drug and alcohol tests, Amalgamated Transit Union, Local 113 v Toronto Transit Commission, 2017 ONSC 2078 (CanLII), Associate Chief Justice of the Ontario Superior Court of Justice Frank Marrocco ruled that the TTC could continue its program of random testing pending the resolution of a labour grievance filed by the union.

There must be places to process the test. It's pretty common in the U.S.

23 minutes ago, 02sled said:

TTC has random testing. About 2% of 1,269 employees tested positive for drugs or alcohol since May. Half of TTC employees who failed random drug test in first 6 months tested positive for pot

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/half-of-ttc-employees-who-failed-random-drug-test-in-first-6-months-tested-positive-for-pot-1.4401489

In yet another case to look at the issue of random drug and alcohol tests, Amalgamated Transit Union, Local 113 v Toronto Transit Commission, 2017 ONSC 2078 (CanLII), Associate Chief Justice of the Ontario Superior Court of Justice Frank Marrocco ruled that the TTC could continue its program of random testing pending the resolution of a labour grievance filed by the union.

There must be places to process the test. It's pretty common in the U.S.

There isn't.  Why would I care to look hard?

The problem with current mj testing is that it doesn't test for impairment.  It takes about 30 days to rid your system of it.  I believe there is a field test officers can perform but,  With pot being legal this summer (if it actually happens), they need to come up with an impairment test that will hold up in court.  Gonna be a shit show around here in the summer.  

10 minutes ago, dirtybeacher said:

The problem with current mj testing is that it doesn't test for impairment.  It takes about 30 days to rid your system of it.  I believe there is a field test officers can perform but,  With pot being legal this summer (if it actually happens), they need to come up with an impairment test that will hold up in court.  Gonna be a shit show around here in the summer.  

There will be no difference on the roads POT is already here for decades by the masses 

I doubt they will ever be able to have a actual impairment level, just isn't possible.  

They are going to go with this swab thing that will be shot down in court,  Cops will do their best to say this person looks like he smoked  a joint because he reeks.  But since your ability to do tasks such as walk the line blah blah can be done with ease.  Saying the alphabet backwards isn't going to go well for the smoker or really anyone that tries it sober lol.

If its very hard for a Cop to tell if the driver is stoned or not doesn't that indicate not impaired :dunno:  I know if a person has had a few beers its easy to tell.  

Edited by 1trailmaker

50 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

There will be no difference on the roads POT is already here for decades by the masses 

I doubt they will ever be able to have a actual impairment level, just isn't possible.  

They are going to go with this swab thing that will be shot down in court,  Cops will do their best to say this person looks like he smoked  a joint because he reeks.  But since your ability to do tasks such as walk the line blah blah can be done with ease.  Saying the alphabet backwards isn't going to go well for the smoker or really anyone that tries it sober lol.

If its very hard for a Cop to tell if the driver is stoned or not doesn't that indicate not impaired :dunno:  I know if a person has had a few beers its easy to tell.  

I guarantee there will be a difference on the roads.  Legal use = more use.  

Im not a cop, but I can tell when someone's smoked pot recently. It's pretty obvious  

The daily smoker is harder to call out though.  They have a built up immunity, and are usually more attentive to their appearance/odours/actions etc.  

1 minute ago, dirtybeacher said:

Im not a cop, but I can tell when someone's smoked pot recently. It's pretty obvious  

The daily smoker is harder to call out though.  They have a built up immunity, and are usually more attentive to their appearance/odours/actions etc.  

Don’t give Fail any more credit....he is proud of his immunity....

3 minutes ago, dirtybeacher said:

yea maybe more when its legal but the point is millions already drive stoned just like driving drunk but with one big difference is the ability to actually drive 

I don't think its that easy when you have about 10 seconds to make you decision, its not like hanging out with friends