Check your account email address ×

Dow 26,000:

Just now, ArcticCrusher said:

Been doing that long time.:bc:

I’m Sure.  Some of the resources we have here are frigging amazing for choosing investments and building portfolios,  even a relative newbie can do really good things using those resources.  .  :bc:  

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 hours ago, steve from amherst said:

It does as long as 1 has the time to babysit it

Less than 1hr a day. 

3 hours ago, The One said:

Horse shit 

3 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

the parking lot at sandys must have paid good that year

3 hours ago, The One said:

No kidding, the homo is full of shit !

OK, if I have money, can I hit you two in the face with a MAGLITE???? 

Here's your chance to put your money where your mouths are!!

Come on faggots, what's your answer? 

3 minutes ago, Polaris 550 said:

Yes. Bring a certified check proving you have said funds.

You get one shot.!!

49 minutes ago, awful knawful said:

Yes. Bring a certified check proving you have said funds.

You get one shot.!!

No. You meet me in NH, with Woofie on his way to Maine. I'll access my account on his I-phone or somethin'. If the amount is substantial, I can hit you in the face with my Maglite. OK, you got the balls to take this challenge, or do you not have any balls? 

3 hours ago, Polaris 550 said:

3 hours ago, Polaris 550 said:

Horse shit, you have fuck all !!!

11 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

I’m Sure.  Some of the resources we have here are frigging amazing for choosing investments and building portfolios,  even a relative newbie can do really good things using those resources.  .  :bc:  

Do you get involved with private alternative investments like REITS?

I put some into this company last year and have been building it for my cottage fund and have been adding to it.  Its one of two I have with them but it should give you the idea.  In 6-7 years its never dropped a cent or missed a distribution and has a 14% average inception return.  Its made about 3% ytd and should easily close out the year over 10%. All distributions are 100% capital gains return of capital.

The first question the director asked me when he returned my call was how did I ever find them, cause no financial adviser will ever give them a recommendation.  I laughed, then he laughed.

https://www.skylineonline.ca/assets/SWMI-Files/InfoSheets/Skyline-Retail-REIT-Info-Sheet.pdf

12 hours ago, steve from amherst said:

It does as long as 1 has the time to babysit it

Its not so much the time, there are better people at it than me, I just need to find them.  I just want to read the reports and figure out the next strategy, I don't want to get involved with the daily details.

9 hours ago, Highmark said:

Less than 1hr a day. 

Some people do quite well, I'm pretty sure your one of them.:bc:

1 hour ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Do you get involved with private alternative investments like REITS?

I put some into this company last year and have been building it for my cottage fund and have been adding to it.  Its one of two I have with them but it should give you the idea.  In 6-7 years its never dropped a cent or missed a distribution and has a 14% average inception return.  Its made about 3% ytd and should easily close out the year over 10%. All distributions are 100% capital gains return of capital.

The first question the director asked me when he returned my call was how did I ever find them, cause no financial adviser will ever give them a recommendation.  I laughed, then he laughed.

https://www.skylineonline.ca/assets/SWMI-Files/InfoSheets/Skyline-Retail-REIT-Info-Sheet.pdf

Yeah I have a couple REITs that I like to build into div stock portfolios.  In the states, not sure how it works in Canada, they have to funnel at least 90% of the profits to the shareholders, and cannot pass along losses. Simon property group is one off top of my head, pays a great dividend and is priced right.  (SPG). Using the firm guidance, I built a $1 million portfolio for a guy couple weeks ago that has returned 17.8% annually for the past 10 years, is diversified across 10 industry sectors, and pays about an average 5.8% dividend. It’s like having your cake and eating it too.

Edited by DriftBusta

4 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Yeah I have a couple REITs that I like to build into div stock portfolios.  In the states, not sure how it works in Canada, they have to funnel at least 90% of the profits to the shareholders, and cannot pass along losses. Simon property group is one off top of my head, pays a great dividend and is priced right.  (SPG). Using the firm guidance, I built a $1 million portfolio for a guy couple weeks ago that has returned 17.8% annually for the past 10 years, is diversified across 10 industry sectors, and pays about an average 5.8% dividend. It’s like having your cake and eating it too.

It works similar here.

The difference with the one I showed you is it is not listed on any stock exchange and has virtually zero volatility.  Yes it is having your cake and eating it to.    

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Its not so much the time, there are better people at it than me, I just need to find them.  I just want to read the reports and figure out the next strategy, I don't want to get involved with the daily details.

Some people do quite well, I'm pretty sure your one of them.:bc:

I watch fundamentals and trends and honestly I've only been doing the quick trades for about 2-3 years and we've had some pretty easy years.   Its still fucking stressful.   

Buying before earnings reports can be a good method and again has been pretty easy if you pay much attention to a company.  

Edited by Highmark

7 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Amazon back up over 3% today.   Didn't anyone else jump in on the last drop?  :thumbsup:

Laff.  I rode that shit from the high 1300’s to over 2000 and back down to 1400 then 1600 where I dumped it.  What a ride!  :wall: