Check your account email address ×

8 years ago....

3 hours ago, Cold War said:

That may be true, but you asked why some would think Obama would make race relations better.

Well if it's true that there are systemic issues within the Black community that go far beyond the President, how could the President make it better in any meaningful way? 

39 minutes ago, SSFB said:

Well if it's true that there are systemic issues within the Black community that go far beyond the President, how could the President make it better in any meaningful way? 

Open season once or twice a year..no limit?

9 hours ago, SSFB said:

All any leader can do is inspire people to follow their vision.

People are as well off as they think they are.

10 hours ago, SSFB said:

LEADERSHIP!!!!!

1 minute ago, SnowRider said:

Union hypocrite.....

EXAMPLES!!!

:snack:

Bush's 92% approval rating after 9/11 proves it.

Say what you will about anything and everything that happened after that, but a President doesn't get 92% without it.

That day, and immediately after, the country needed a leader, and leadership. The proof is in the pudding; they got both.

• Platinum Contributing Member
3 minutes ago, Snake said:

Say what you will about anything and everything that happened after that, but a President doesn't get 92% without it.

That day, and immediately after, the country needed a leader, and leadership. The proof is in the pudding; they got both.

:nuts:. :lol: That only exemplifies how bad he fucked up and reiterates the point I've made several times - W had the world in the palm of his hand and completely fucked it up.  9/11 brought America and our allies together - W's ineptness failed to capitalize on it. :owned: 

Just now, SnowRider said:

:nuts:. :lol: That only exemplifies how bad he fucked up and reiterates the point I've made several times - W had the world in the palm of his hand and completely fucked it up.  9/11 brought America and our allies together - W's ineptness failed to capitalize on it. :owned: 

I answered your question, correctly.

Following 9/11, Bush’s leadership became a rallying point for the nation. The American people were inclined to trust him because they believed in his ability to maintain their safety. In the weeks after the attack, Bush’s approval rating rose to 90 percent—the highest recorded job-approval rating in U.S. presidential history.  

http://millercenter.org/president/biography/gwbush-foreign-affairs

No leadership here either....

Who are the coalition members?

According to the Bush administration and press reports, they are: Afghanistan, Albania, Azerbaijan, Bulgaria, Colombia, Costa Rica, the Czech Republic, Denmark, El Salvador, Eritrea, Estonia, Ethiopia, Georgia, Honduras, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Japan, Kuwait, Latvia, Lithuania, Macedonia, Marshall Islands, Micronesia, the Netherlands, Nicaragua, Palau, the Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Rwanda, Singapore, Slovakia, Solomon Islands, South Korea, Spain, Turkey, Uganda, and Uzbekistan. Noticeably absent are major powers–France, for example–that were members of the coalition that overturned Iraq’s occupation of Kuwait in 1991. …

Other countries have not been named publicly but are likely members of the coalition. They include Israel, as well as several Arab states that are providing bases or other assistance to the war: Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, Qatar, Jordan, Oman, the United Arab Emirates (UAE), and Egypt. …

To what extent have non-American and non-British coalition forces joined the war effort?

National Security Advisor Condoleezza Rice, in an op-ed on Wednesday in The Wall Street Journal, wrote that the Australian Navy is supporting coalition troops and clearing mines, Polish special forces are defending an oil platform, a Danish submarine is patrolling nearby waters, and “Czech and Slovak special chemical- and biological-weapons response forces” are standing by to respond to bio-warfare attacks.

In addition, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Bahrain, Oman, and the UAE have sent 8,000 troops to Kuwait in a largely symbolic effort to help defend that country. They do not have a combat role.

http://hotair.com/archives/2014/09/23/nyt-on-second-thought-bush-did-pull-together-a-coalition-on-iraq/

• Platinum Contributing Member
10 hours ago, SSFB said:

18 minutes ago, Snake said:

LEADERSHIP!!!!!

15 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

Union hypocrite.....

EXAMPLES!!!

:snack:

Union boy - you diverted and did not answer anything pertains to the original question.  Try again lil fella. 

Just now, SnowRider said:

Union boy - you diverted and did not answer anything pertains to the original question.  Try again lil fella. 

I'll use my surprised face that examples of leadership are foreign to you.

22 minutes ago, Snake said:

Following 9/11, Bush’s leadership became a rallying point for the nation. The American people were inclined to trust him because they believed in his ability to maintain their safety. In the weeks after the attack, Bush’s approval rating rose to 90 percent—the highest recorded job-approval rating in U.S. presidential history.  

With the sympathy of the world after the attacks.

What was his approval rating at 7 1/2 years?

43 minutes ago, Snake said:

10 minutes ago, 1jkw said:

With the sympathy of the world after the attacks.

What was his approval rating at 7 1/2 years?

If you want to talk about that, start a thread. My point, and fact stands.

14 hours ago, SSFB said:

Jamal the gangbanger can't relate to Obama, he don't give a shit what Obama is doing. 

There are systemic cultural issues in the Black communities.

Certainly nothing that a black president is going to make any noticeable dent in.

No only did he never try, every move the idiot made drove the wedge deeper, he is a true clown :guzzle: 

Just now, Snake said:

If you want to talk about that, start a thread. My point, and fact stands.

My statement was in response to your post, and your usual deflection and got nothing response proves my point.

3 minutes ago, 1jkw said:

My statement was in response to your post, and your usual deflection and got nothing response proves my point.

Respond to what, that you change the dynamic of my post?

If you can't comprehend what I post and answer accordingly, I don't know what to tell you.

51 minutes ago, Snake said:

well done.

:bc:

Obama can't even bring the nation together for an hour.

Something as simple as honoring & eulogizing  some fallen officers....He can't refrain from the political rhetoric.

1 minute ago, Cold War said:

well done.

:bc:

Obama can't even bring the nation together for an hour.

Something as simple as honoring & eulogizing  some fallen officers....He can't refrain from the political rhetoric.

Was he golfing? :dunno: 

1 hour ago, Snake said:

After 9 11 people were out for blood and Bush was going to get it even if it meant going after people who weren't responsible. That was a sign of the times and had nothing to do with the man. His approval ratting now is amongst the worst ever lol

8 minutes ago, Ebsell said:

After 9 11 people were out for blood and Bush was going to get it even if it meant going after people who weren't responsible. That was a sign of the times and had nothing to do with the man. His approval ratting now is amongst the worst ever lol

giphy.gif

12 hours ago, SSFB said:

He could provide training on how to not be a hood rat... :dunno:

2 hours ago, Snake said:

any president would have done and said the same things immediately following that attack, and would have had the same admiration. bfd. when i say "immediately" i'm talking about days afterwards, not the events leading up to the iraq war.

Edited by Snoslinger

7 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

any president would have done and said the same things immediately following that attack, and would have had the same admiration. bfd. when i say "immediately" i'm talking about days afterwards, not the events leading up to the iraq war.

Objection. Speculation and calling into fact without evidence.

Sustained.