Check your account email address ×

Snow Guru's top 10 for 2018

Anler

12 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

I'm just giving you a hard time.  You could win on a clapped out XF6 carb with blown out shocks and a half roached out DD.

So I should leave it in the garage and blow the dust of the 2000 Indy 500 ? :bc::snack:

4 hours ago, Anler said:

Top 10 for 2018

1. King - skidoo 850 mxz 

2. Best 600 trail - poo pro s

3. Ultimate performance - Yamaha sidewinder

4. King of the hills - skidoo freeride 850

5. Top crossover - Backcountry renegade

6. Best economy sled - poo 600 Indy

7. Charity award - cat zr 800 137

8. Next best mountain sleds - poo rmk 155

9. Oldest sled - Yamaha Apex le

10. Cool sled - skidoo mxz 900 ace

Fucking cat only gets one mention out of 10. They should "take a knee"

like ski doo just did at hey days and prinston ?

2 hours ago, BEANPOLE DAVE said:

Can a cat stay together for 20 miles? :dunno:

can a ski doo not bend a chassis in 20 mi?  better question can a ski doo rider  pass another skidoo rider with out heading off to the side of the trail to jack each other off  

1 hour ago, Angry ginger said:

to be honest the RX1 was revolutionary as was the Rev,  the firecat,  not so much.  

and of the 3 what 1 is still sought after and still winning races in the 600 and 700 and 800 class at every drag event . oh and the laydown twin was and is a extremely reliable power plant.

Edited by Ez ryder

3 hours ago, bussman said:

Analer and his fear of Arctic Cat is getting worse knowing Vince is kicking his ass this year on new 2-stroke iron. :lol: 

Analers E-Tec has crossed the 3,000 mile mark.............Analer is now shopping for a Poo 800.........True story :lol: 

33 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

can a ski doo not bend a chassis in 20 mi?  better question can a ski doo rider  pass another skidoo rider with out heading off to the side of the trail to jack each other off  

Buy a new Doo and then buy a bracing kit so it doesn't fold up like hand crushed beer can :lol: 

Answer to your second question is a resounding no :groin:

5 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

Analers E-Tec has crossed the 3,000 mile mark.............Analer is now shopping for a Poo 800.........True story :lol: 

So then....Anler is a smart guy.  But the real test will come when that Poo 800 reaches about 600 miles and you can hear the piston slap from across the lake..  :lol:

47 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

Did Analer ever ride with a spare jackshaft strapped to his sled?

10 hours ago, bussman said:

Analer and his fear of Arctic Cat is getting worse knowing Vince is kicking his ass this year on new 2-stroke iron. :lol: 

Fear of getting hit with exploding parts maybe. Don't attack analer for snow gurus picks in best snowmobiles. 

27 minutes ago, Kev144 said:

Vince's cat broke down mid trip and he bought a new one. He's the last guy to be talking :lol: 

Couple rides in a pick up truck too. But cat never left him walking! Ask bussman about his luck with arctic cats. :news:

51 minutes ago, Anler said:

Couple rides in a pick up truck too. But cat never left him walking! Ask bussman about his luck with arctic cats. :news:

Can't forget bending tunnels and having to pay cat to fix their mistake.  No wonder Textron had to bail em out :snack: 

6 minutes ago, Kev144 said:

Can't forget bending tunnels and having to pay cat to fix their mistake.  No wonder Textron had to bail em out :snack: 

Hey LOAF!  Textron didn't "bail them out", they bought them.  :lmao:

I've heard this "bending tunnel" think a bit here.  I guess I've only owned my current Cat so, it may be different.  HOW ON EARTH somebody bends those would be amazing to me.  I easily go 225+ with gear and find myself in the air plenty...with some icky landings and never.  Now my doo?  Well, nothing a rubber mallet couldn't bend back...and sometimes a prying broom handle.

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

Hey LOAF!  Textron didn't "bail them out", they bought them.  :lmao:

I've heard this "bending tunnel" think a bit here.  I guess I've only owned my current Cat so, it may be different.  HOW ON EARTH somebody bends those would be amazing to me.  I easily go 225+ with gear and find myself in the air plenty...with some icky landings and never.  Now my doo?  Well, nothing a rubber mallet couldn't bend back...and sometimes a prying broom handle.

It was an issue with ice build up on the 2012 pro cross the tunnel at the end bent. There was a fix for it but owners had to pay for it.  It was corrected on the 13s. :bc: 

1 minute ago, Kev144 said:

It was an issue with ice build up on the 2012 pro cross the tunnel at the end bent. There was a fix for it but owners had to pay for it.  It was corrected on the 13s. :bc: 

Ahhh....got it.  So the tunnel actually bent from the ice build up?  Holy shit.  2012 was a fucking disaster.  But, it's design really forced other Manu's to step it up.  When Doo came out with the XP  and the etec.  Whew, what a crank twisting, aluminum can that was also.  And Poo with their Rush...POS.  But, every manu pays the price to try and jump ahead.  Consumers benefit.  It's the reason I still like Doo.  They continue to push things...even if some of it is just plain stupid.

17 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Ahhh....got it.  So the tunnel actually bent from the ice build up?  Holy shit.  2012 was a fucking disaster.  But, it's design really forced other Manu's to step it up.  When Doo came out with the XP  and the etec.  Whew, what a crank twisting, aluminum can that was also.  And Poo with their Rush...POS.  But, every manu pays the price to try and jump ahead.  Consumers benefit.  It's the reason I still like Doo.  They continue to push things...even if some of it is just plain stupid.

Yep small sport and cudos for companies trying new technology or processes. 

10 hours ago, Zambroski said:

So then....Anler is a smart guy.  But the real test will come when that Poo 800 reaches about 600 miles and you can hear the piston slap from across the lake..  :lol:

A 2,000 mile Michigan, Ontario, Quebec trip is the works this winter, I guess that means we will have 1,400 miles of piston slap..........which begs the question; can the Poo 800 last with 1,400 miles of piston slap? :dunno: