Check your account email address ×

***Official FSCE daily thread -

ckf

6 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

cool , saw a pic of colebrook groomer going over balsams . Said it was hard to groom as there was 5-6 ft of snow up top.

I think Dixville Peaks is right around 3000 ft.  I'm sure that the switchback's are tough to groom. Especially with a twin track machine. The Tuckers work much better in those situations IMO.

• Platinum Contributing Member
3 hours ago, ckf said:

@steve from amherst

My neighbors dad was here earlier and plowed the driveways. He is not on his sled now. I'll let you know how the trails are when I talk to him later.

Cool, thanks. May run up next wed weather permitting

12 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

Cool, thanks. May run up next wed weather permitting

Just talked to my father in law and he said that it was closer to a foot at Newark Pond.

• Thanks 1

So had to make a trip over to school, oldest boy was being bullied and sexual predator labels and shooting school was brought up (against him).  I was hoping mad!  Got over to the school, had him brought to the office and we went outside to talk about what happened.  Turns out the kid came over to the table and was yelling out how my boy was sending dick picks out.  The asshole boy was calling Hayden “footlong” as an insult.  What in the fuck.  I laughed when he said that.  I told him to march right back in there to the kid and shake his hand.  Nothing will boost his desire by the ladies than having the nickname footlong.  How the fuck is that supposed to be an insult exactly…. :dunno:

:lol:

Jesus Christ…

Neal

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, steve from amherst said:

Talk to anyone who rode this weekend?

He said that it was early season riding that was better than he expected. Considering the year we had so far he was happy to get out. Like always the higher ground had the best coverage.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Gold Member
7 hours ago, ckf said:

He said that it was early season riding that was better than he expected. Considering the year we had so far he was happy to get out. Like always the higher ground had the best coverage.

Groton wasnt bad esp higher ground . We tried going South it got nasty/waterbars/mud. Went out towards Cabot and Danville and it starting getting thinner also. Need more snow everywhere.  :sad:

• Like 1

Just now, EvilBird said:

Groton wasnt bad esp higher ground . We tried going South it got nasty/waterbars/mud. Went out towards Cabot and Danville and it starting getting thinner also. Need more snow everywhere.  :sad:

Thursday's and Friday's forecast doesn't look like it's going to help. Temps in the mid 30s and rain :(

Awesome Fun GIF by Tactical Baby Gear

• Sad 1

• Gold Member
Just now, ckf said:

Thursday's and Friday's forecast doesn't look like it's going to help. Temps in the mid 30s and rain :(

Awesome Fun GIF by Tactical Baby Gear

I know i was hoping to go this Friday to woodford but says rain . wtf. 

Might try out your way the following weekend since i have to work Sat and Sun this upcoming. 

• Like 1

Yep. I was planning on riding from Nash stream into SDR Friday but calling for mid to upper 30s and morning rain. 

• Sad 2

• Gold Member
17 hours ago, EvilBird said:

I know i was hoping to go this Friday to woodford but says rain . wtf. 

Might try out your way the following weekend since i have to work Sat and Sun this upcoming. 

Apparently Woodford area was awesome last weekend. Had a guy stop in the shop Monday and said they dropped at Mt Tabor and rode to Woodford Saturday. Sunday they left from Shrewsbury rode through Chittenden to Pittsfield. Said it was great both directions and hardly any traffic. I didn’t even think they had snow. 

• Like 3

• Gold Member
7 minutes ago, XCR INDY said:

Apparently Woodford area was awesome last weekend. Had a guy stop in the shop Monday and said they dropped at Mt Tabor and rode to Woodford Saturday. Sunday they left from Shrewsbury rode through Chittenden to Pittsfield. Said it was great both directions and hardly any traffic. I didn’t even think they had snow. 

I heard it was decent there also. Probably would of went there if I hadn't got the invite up to Groton.

Maybe ill try it still fri 

Edited by EvilBird
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, 800renegaderider said:

Got 3-4” over night maybe that’ll help keep some base with the rain and warm coming.

Just a dusting here so far with some very light snow falling right now.

• Like 2

• Gold Member
8 minutes ago, ckf said:

Just a dusting here so far with some very light snow falling right now.

It’s basically stopped now here at my work but it’s supposed to rain all night supposedly and 50 tomorrow 😢. Hopefully it at least stays sleet up there anything but a bunch of rain.

2 minutes ago, 800renegaderider said:

It’s basically stopped now here at my work but it’s supposed to rain all night supposedly and 50 tomorrow 😢. Hopefully it at least stays sleet up there anything but a bunch of rain.

Screenshot_20240124-100540.png

• Sad 1

Went to the Big RV show in Quartzsite AZ today. Head over to Scottsdale tomorrow to look at a few lots I'm interested in at Barrett-Jackson  and will hang around for the big money cars friday and Saturday. 

The famous big tent at Quartzsite. 

20240124_125244.jpg

20240124_125331.jpg

Edited by Steve753
  • Like 3

23 hours ago, ckf said:

Screenshot_20240124-100540.png

The temps are trending cooler than what was forecast yesterday. Now they are calling for 3 to 5 inches of snow for tomorrow.

• Like 2

• Gold Member
12 hours ago, Steve753 said:

Went to the Big RV show in Quartzsite AZ today. Head over to Scottsdale tomorrow to look at a few lots I'm interested in at Barrett-Jackson  and will hang around for the big money cars friday and Saturday. 

The famous big tent at Quartzsite. 

20240124_125244.jpg

20240124_125331.jpg

You still looking for a gnx if I remember right?

4 hours ago, ckf said:

Currently 33⁰ with the mornings light rain just changing over to a light snow.

It's been 33⁰ and snowing all day. Accumulation: 0. :(

• Gold Member
1 hour ago, ckf said:

It's been 33⁰ and snowing all day. Accumulation: 0. :(

Thanks for the update. That sucks. 🥲 Guess I’m heading to Pittsburg. 

• Like 1