Check your account email address ×

Anarchists helping out in Texas

5 hours ago, motonoggin said:

http://reverepress.com/news/antifa-ground-texas-helping-relief-efforts/

In the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina, he and others, like Malik Rahim and Sharon Johnson, set up a system of providing food, water, supplies and basic medical aid to those in vulnerable New Orleans neighborhoods. The organization, dubbed Common Ground Collective, grew to include several health clinics and helped displaced residents move back into their neighborhoods where infrastructure had failed.

But crow and hundreds of first responders in New Orleans in Houston just like him don’t come from a government or non-profit background.

They’re anarchists.

:lies:

3 hours ago, racer254 said:

So, does this mean that trump was right when he said that these are good people?

Trump Defends White-Nationalist Protesters: 'Some Very Fine People on Both Sides'

Lmfao... No, there are no "very fine" white supremacists.

4 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

By all means, don't do any honest research on the subject. Just keep regurgitating what you've been fed by fascist media.

I like when you prove me right, it feels kinda tingly and nice. 

I had you pegged from from the beginning. :bc: 

• Platinum Contributing Member
3 hours ago, Carlos Danger said:

Does Antifa people still wear a mask when they are helping people?

No.   They want recognition for that. :lol:  

3 minutes ago, bussman said:

I like when you prove me right, it feels kinda tingly and nice. 

I had you pegged from from the beginning. :bc: 

Your behavior gets truly bizarre when you experience cognitive dissonance. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
37 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

anarchismpost.jpg

So peaceful. :lol:  Stabbing police horses.   Throwing piss on police and trump supporters.

Hey look at us we are helping in Houston. :lol:  

Edited by Highmark

5 hours ago, motonoggin said:

In the wake of popular mass resistance against racists and fascists across the country since the election of Donald Trump, antifascists and anarchists have again become a favorite bogeyman for politicians on both sides of the aisle and in the media — who liken them to terrorists.

Far from it, however, these anarchists and antifascists have been among the first to respond to Hurricanes Katrina, Sandy and now Harvey, doing search and rescue, providing first aid, and establishing shelters in poorer urban neighborhoods and rural communities often overlooked by larger organizations.

“Lately, Antifa has caught huge flack, but Antifa people are the people who are on the ground in Texas right now,” crow said. “Everybody’s not dressed in black bloc anarchist clothes — and they wouldn’t for this anyways — they’re the same people in the streets, like the 40,000 people in Boston that said, ‘Ya basta. Enough.’ Those are the same people who are in marginalized communities right now helping people they don’t even know.”

What makes these anarchist and antifascist volunteers particularly effective, crow said, is a scalable approach that allows the community to determine for itself what it needs. Not to mention, they’re quick to respond.

“As anarchists, our ideas put us into direct action, so we’re not going to wait around and listen to law, we’re going to go in and do the right thing,” crow said. Under these conditions, crow noted that political affiliation often takes a backseat to the “common hole” the community is climbing out of.

“When real disaster strikes, people put aside what they think about the world and begin to help each other directly,” crow said. “Many of the first responders have also been rural people with boats, who might be what’s considered Trump’s base. They can first respond, and they do, but also urban anarchist kids and radicals of different stripes, who put it all aside for common ground.”

Holy fuck Dan.  You don't really believe that BS do you. :flush: 

7 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

Your behavior gets truly bizarre when you experience cognitive dissonance. 

Everything appearing as the opposite must also include your delusional perceptions. 

But by all means, include irony with it too, it's your self created alternative reality not mine.