Check your account email address ×

Harvey downgraded to a cat 1 blow

On 8/26/2017 at 8:10 AM, Mileage Psycho said:

I'm more concerned about the people whose homes are being destroyed by the winds and the flooding that is going to occur, this storm looks like it's going to park itself for few days and that is not good.

When they talk about amount of rain in FEET, that's not a good thing. 

3 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

not at all. you live in   hurricane  ally you look in to long range forecast and shake the dice if you think you want to buy extra insurance for the season . just like when you live on a river and there was a heavy snow season you buy fema insurance that year . why because you know you are going to get flooded out .

when I had my place in FL I always bought fema   insurance and was praying for a new house.

I know people who went from a 2 wide trailer on there property to a real house thanks fema .

the dumb ass is the clown who did not buy flood insurance in hurricane ally you have 30 days to buy before a storm you have a decent idea in the spring if it will be a bad year just like in ND you have all winter to know your house is going to be flooded same as living on any river . it is a mini lotto. every one keeps there shit stuff in the house moves the stuff they like to high ground . people do move hot tubs couches etc etc from neighbor to neighbor before assessor appointments I have been there a few times watching this.

but yeah sit on your high horse feeling sorry for people who did not plan ahead and then get the fuck out when the warnings were coming all week    

That's pretty slick , actually :lol:  

Been watching some of this today in between working on things , looks like things are getting pretty damn serious now down there .

:bc:

Just talked to my cousin David and his dad, my uncle Lee.  They live in Rockport just outside of Corpus Christi.  The eye of Harvey went right past them.  Lots of wind and rain but no major flooding where they are.  Lost several huge trees.  They are always prepared for hurricanes.  They have plywood pre cut and ready to install over the windows.  

Talked to my cousin Michelle just a bit ago.  She lives on the north side of Houston.  She lives on moderately high ground and everything is flooded around her.  She has a foot of water in her house.  She said the water is over 5' deep if she tried to get out of her neighborhood.  She said the rain has picked up in the last hour.  She has the boat all ready if she has to evacuate.  Her mom, my Aunt Carol lives about 10 miles further north of Houston.  No water in her house but the street is under a foot of water and it continues to rise.  

Michelle said she heard over 100,000 homes have been completely destroyed in Houston so far.  This is expected to get much worse before it lets up.  

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, AKIQPilot said:

Just talked to my cousin David and his dad, my uncle Lee.  They live in Rockport just outside of Corpus Christi.  The eye of Harvey went right past them.  Lots of wind and rain but no major flooding where they are.  Lost several huge trees.  They are always prepared for hurricanes.  They have plywood pre cut and ready to install over the windows.  

Talked to my cousin Michelle just a bit ago.  She lives on the north side of Houston.  She lives on moderately high ground and everything is flooded around her.  She has a foot of water in her house.  She said the water is over 5' deep if she tried to get out of her neighborhood.  She said the rain has picked up in the last hour.  She has the boat all ready if she has to evacuate.  Her mom, my Aunt Carol lives about 10 miles further north of Houston.  No water in her house but the street is under a foot of water and it continues to rise.  

Michelle said she heard over 100,000 homes have been completely destroyed in Houston so far.  This is expected to get much worse before it lets up.  

Fucking insane 100,000 homes :guzzle: wonder if Huizy is in route 

3 hours ago, AKIQPilot said:

High ground and a foot of water in the house, not good. She may need that boat with 9" of rain predicted for tomorrow and 6" on Tuesday.

https://www.wunderground.com/forecast/us/tx/houston/77001

26 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

High ground and a foot of water in the house, not good. She may need that boat with 9" of rain predicted for tomorrow and 6" on Tuesday.

https://www.wunderground.com/forecast/us/tx/houston/77001

Yea, she is sure the worst is yet to come. Not a good situation down there no doubt.