Check your account email address ×

****OFFICIAL***** Ford owners thread

2 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

I'm kind of curious to see how fast the Exploder goes.  Probably let it get it's first oil change in before I try it.  

It will go well over 100. Depending on what tires you have on it.    I've had the wife's Flex up over 100 before , but I've never pushed it to see how fast it would go before the fuel shuts off. It's basically a SHO with a different body 

1 minute ago, BOHICA said:

They put it on trucks cause of speed rating on tires I believe.  Your ford prolly has Q speed rated tires from the factory.  Most manufactures I believe keep a stock truck under 100 cause of tires

Yep 

1 minute ago, SSFB said:

Would you mind asking him about the SYNC issue I posted about? I am getting nowhere with my local dealership on that and the other dealership is 50 miles away and they're basically telling me that I have to drop the truck off and cannot have a loaner while they work on it. 

I'll ask Mark if he knows anything when I talk to him tomorrow 

10 minutes ago, Kev144 said:

Pos ford's!!

don't get me started about my last z71 . fucking taco bender pile of shit . but at least it did not start rusting out in less than 5 yrs . I will take rust over numerous mechanical issues 

23 minutes ago, SVT Renegade XRS said:

I've had the wife's Flex up over 100 before , but I've never pushed it to see how fast it would go before the fuel shuts off. It's basically a SHO with a different body 

I have not followed the evolution of the sho at all . but I thought the early sho  were designed and or had Yamaha parts ie intake ect on them . is that still the case ? 

39 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

I have not followed the evolution of the sho at all . but I thought the early sho  were designed and or had Yamaha parts ie intake ect on them . is that still the case ? 

Mazda parts...

14 minutes ago, SVT Renegade XRS said:

59deae62649eb_giphy.gif.cf(1).gif.124a054d7728b9c079e77d3384c656ce.gif

There are certain colors of vehicles that just make me scratch my head. 

That truck is one of them.  

Who the hell walks into a dealer and says I want a metallic purple truck?  Or gold for that matter.

11 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

Who the hell walks into a dealer and says I want a metallic purple truck?  Or gold for that matter.

images-7.jpg

Edited by awful knawful

25 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

That's not factory paint 

1 hour ago, racinfarmer said:

I found your truck!  I can't believe you have to come all the way to MN to get the color you wanted, but I'm not one to judge.  

IMG_20171008_140454511_HDR[1].jpg

This is pretty close to that color.

Screenshot_20171011-183749.png

And its factory...

26 minutes ago, BEANPOLE DAVE said:

This is pretty close to that color.

Screenshot_20171011-183749.png

And its factory...

The one I posted is purple.  There was no mistaking it as "Well, it could be blue in the right light" kind of purple.  

38 minutes ago, SVT Renegade XRS said:

That's not factory paint 

If I see it again, I'll take a closer look at it.  I'm not sure who would want to paint a truck that color.  

1 hour ago, racinfarmer said:

The one I posted is purple.  There was no mistaking it as "Well, it could be blue in the right light" kind of purple.  

If I see it again, I'll take a closer look at it.  I'm not sure who would want to paint a truck that color.  

Female owner would be my guess   Definitely was never offered from the factory in purple 

1 hour ago, dz246 said:

Not really, just looked at a lightning blue f150 today. Its a nice color in person.

That was my 3rd choice of colors when I started truck shopping 

19 minutes ago, dz246 said:

Yeah, had 3 of them that color.... 

My brother has a '17 SuperCrew XLT FX4 2.7eb with the chrome package, in Shadow Black.  Looks ok, but would be a lot nicer if it was Tuxedo Black. 

• Like 1

I had a ugly ugly blue f150 I got it as a hold over almost 2 yrs old brand new . when my ram shit the bed a guy gave me a ride to the ford dealer and that was the best deal n the lot . ugly fucking blue though my was like why did you buy this thing when I got home . I just laughed and said I don't give a shit its a work truck it will be beat to shit in 100 days.

just like this thing But I had the always classy white with some rust steel contractors topper on it lol

8943425.jpg

Edited by Ez ryder

24 minutes ago, SVT Renegade XRS said:

My brother has a '17 SuperCrew XLT FX4 2.7eb with the chrome package, in Shadow Black.  Looks ok, but would be a lot nicer if it was Tuxedo Black. 

Hows the 2.7eb?