Check your account email address ×

****OFFICIAL***** Ford owners thread

10 hours ago, BOHICA said:

As a 5.0’s performance is good it is no match for the new ecoboost.  No 1/2 ton can match the ecoboost on performance

Great engine. Loved my '11 FX4   And it will be even better now that it has the 10spd trans.  But still not as good as the 3.5 EB 

5 hours ago, BEANPOLE DAVE said:

Fuel mileage is more important....wgaf how fast a pick up can go.

how fast it can go ? 98 then the ignition cuts out fucking pile of shit the only car I have had that has not ever seen 100 . I hit that shit fuck ford rev limiter at least 1 time a month

3 things:

1) Fucking dealer broke my remote start when I was there last time. I have the bi-directional fob, can I program this myself? I see conflicting info online about how to program it.

2) Factory door key pad code on my pickup is dead simple to break, there should be certain key sequences that aren't allowed. I know I can program a new one in addition to the factory code, but can I actually change the factory code?

3) Three trips to the dealer and these guys still can't figure out why my fucking Sync reboots randomly. Anybody seen this before? Sometimes it displays some yellow lines on the screen, sometimes not. It will then reboot the system, show the Ford logo, all that stuff and then come back up like normal. Radio keeps playing the entire time, never stops. 

22 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

how fast it can go ? 98 then the ignition cuts out fucking pile of shit the only car I have had that has not ever seen 100 . I hit that shit fuck ford rev limiter at least 1 time a month

The wifes eco boost does 110 mph before it cuts out...buddies running a tune in his and says it will do 140. :dunno:

1 hour ago, Ez ryder said:

All depends on what tires you have    My '11 FX4 would nose over going into 4th at 95-98   My Raptor cuts out at 110.    You want to turn that off, go get a hand held tuner that you can override the fuel cut off 

1 hour ago, SSFB said:

3 things:

1) Fucking dealer broke my remote start when I was there last time. I have the bi-directional fob, can I program this myself? I see conflicting info online about how to program it.

2) Factory door key pad code on my pickup is dead simple to break, there should be certain key sequences that aren't allowed. I know I can program a new one in addition to the factory code, but can I actually change the factory code?

3) Three trips to the dealer and these guys still can't figure out why my fucking Sync reboots randomly. Anybody seen this before? Sometimes it displays some yellow lines on the screen, sometimes not. It will then reboot the system, show the Ford logo, all that stuff and then come back up like normal. Radio keeps playing the entire time, never stops. 

#1 If they broke it, make them fix it 

#2 No. The factory code will always be in there no matter what code to add yourself. 

#3 I've had SYNC in my wife's '08, my '11 FX4 , '14 Raptor, wife's Flex and sons '14 FX4.  Never had any issues with it in any of them 

Bold- sounds to me like you need to find another dealer 

Edited by SVT Renegade XRS

7 minutes ago, SVT Renegade XRS said:

All depends on what tires you have    My '11 FX4 would nose over going into 4th at 95-98   My Raptor cuts out at 110.    You want to turn that off, go get a hand held tuner that you can override the fuel cut off 

#1 If they broke it, make them fix it 

#2 No. The factory code will always be in there no matter what code to add yourself. 

#3 I've had SYNC in my wife's '08, my '11 FX4 , '14 Raptor, wife's Flex and sons '14 FX4.  Never had any issues with it in any of them 

Bold- sounds to me like you need to find another dealer 

1) I will.

2) That's what I figured, that's stupid and Ford sucks dick. 99.9% sure that's how my pickup got broken into and $175 of stuff was stolen. 

3) Doesn't help but OK. 

You got that right. 

1 hour ago, awful knawful said:

My Hemi is unlocked. Superchips.

it is real lame . my wife's benz will roll 140 all day no chip needed .her 17 outback will do 115 for sure not had it past that yet. why are they putting that shit the trucks ?  I don't toss pointless money at my trucks I buy them work them pass them down till they are dead . now sleds bikes boats and some cars get me a shovel to start digging in the cash pile for stupid shit  lol

53 minutes ago, snopro31 said:

When towing why even try to race down the road. 

The roads suck so much in this province, 65-70 with a trailer is being crazy haha. 

I regularly roll 80 85 yanking a 4 place usually 14 to 18 hrs at a time with a lot of stops for gas at 7.9 mpg

2 hours ago, SSFB said:

1) I will.

2) That's what I figured, that's stupid and Ford sucks dick. 99.9% sure that's how my pickup got broken into and $175 of stuff was stolen. 

3) Doesn't help but OK. 

You got that right. 

Talked to a buddy of mine.  He says when you program your own code into your truck, it will override and disable the factory code.  But it will not delete the factory code   I always used the same personal code so Ive never tried to use the factory code 

Sorry I'm in power train not electronics :lol:

12 minutes ago, SVT Renegade XRS said:

Talked to a buddy of mine.  He says when you program your own code into your truck, it will override and disable the factory code.  But it will not delete the factory code   I always used the same personal code so Ive never tried to use the factory code 

Sorry I'm in power train not electronics :lol:

OK, so as long as I have a personal code programmed, the factory code cannot be used to unlock the truck. I had read conflicting information on this so I wasn't sure. 

I'll give it a shot, thanks Jay. :bc:

Would you mind asking him about the SYNC issue I posted about? I am getting nowhere with my local dealership on that and the other dealership is 50 miles away and they're basically telling me that I have to drop the truck off and cannot have a loaner while they work on it. 

Just now, dz246 said:

Even if you can add a code, the factory default code will always work. Ive had the same code on several different f150. I use the factory one and have a personal code programmed on my truck.

:flush:

Just now, SSFB said:

OK, so as long as I have a personal code programmed, the factory code cannot be used to unlock the truck. I had read conflicting information on this so I wasn't sure. 

I'll give it a shot, thanks Jay. :bc:

That's what he said.  Like I said, I've always used the same code in my last 3 trucks, so idk.  I'll have to try it out when I pick up my new one later this week 

• Gold Member
1 hour ago, Ez ryder said:

it is real lame . my wife's benz will roll 140 all day no chip needed .her 17 outback will do 115 for sure not had it past that yet. why are they putting that shit the trucks ?  I don't toss pointless money at my trucks I buy them work them pass them down till they are dead . now sleds bikes boats and some cars get me a shovel to start digging in the cash pile for stupid shit  lol

They put it on trucks cause of speed rating on tires I believe.  Your ford prolly has Q speed rated tires from the factory.  Most manufactures I believe keep a stock truck under 100 cause of tires

Just now, SVT Renegade XRS said:

That's what he said.  Like I said, I've always used the same code in my last 3 trucks, so idk.  I'll have to try it out when I pick up my new one later this week 

Would you mind asking him about the SYNC issue I posted about? I am getting nowhere with my local dealership on that and the other dealership is 50 miles away and they're basically telling me that I have to drop the truck off and cannot have a loaner while they work on it.