Check your account email address ×

Abortion

6 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

But I go one step further. A guy should be able to opt out. Send a notice saying he would prefer she abort. If she does not then he has no obligation 

Ya that sounds like a manly thing to.do....gafb.

11 hours ago, revkevsdi said:

Conservatives believe in freedom from government control. Unless it is the government controlling a woman.

Liberal's believe in actual freedom of choice. A woman is free choose what happens to her.

I think it is up to the woman to decide completely. The guy can try to talk her into keeping it, he can offer her stability to keep it but in the end she should decide. most women agree with that.

But I go one step further. A guy should be able to opt out. Send a notice saying he would prefer she abort. If she does not then he has no obligation 

Unless it is the government  controlling health care or owning a firearm.

1 hour ago, Rounder said:

Never ending ddebate. Pro choice ,anti abortion, if that makes any sense.

will always be a wedge issue.

too many controlling factors.

religious, economic, health, politics, personal experience

14 hours ago, revkevsdi said:

Conservatives believe in freedom from government control. Unless it is the government controlling a woman.

Liberal's believe in actual freedom of choice. A woman is free choose what happens to her.

I think it is up to the woman to decide completely. The guy can try to talk her into keeping it, he can offer her stability to keep it but in the end she should decide. most women agree with that.

The problem with this part is the fact that there is a third person involved, who doesn't seem to have a say, but if they did have a say, my bet is that in most every case they would choose to be born. This is what makes the subject so complex and difficult, and NEVER should be left out of the conversation. That is not to say that I think it should never happen, and I agree that the woman should have some right to choose. I just wish that they would exercise that right more often by using birth control BEFORE they get pregnant.  

On May 26, 2016 at 1:09 PM, Catalina said:

The problem with this part is the fact that there is a third person involved, who doesn't seem to have a say, but if they did have a say, my bet is that in most every case they would choose to be born. This is what makes the subject so complex and difficult, and NEVER should be left out of the conversation. That is not to say that I think it should never happen, and I agree that the woman should have some right to choose. I just wish that they would exercise that right more often by using birth control BEFORE they get pregnant.  

To believe your side you have to believe they are a person before 3 months. 

abortion is the wrong choice unless it is for a real medical reason or a rape in the very early stages of the pregnancy. what we need to see is far more resources in getting babies adopted. all we here is how we need to grow our populace, how we need more immigrants, so why not allow those that will be born here to live. many people have to go through hell to adopt, it has to be easier and free for those looking to do so and in a position to raise a child in a loving home.

• Like 1

On 5/28/2016 at 9:07 AM, revkevsdi said:

Well, I guess I do. If it is a person after 4 months (16 weeks), and it is after 14 weeks, and after 13 weeks, why not after 12 11, or 10? How do we know when it's OK? 

• Platinum Contributing Member
On 5/28/2016 at 8:07 AM, revkevsdi said:

Then how can someone be charged with murder if its not a person?

http://www.ncsl.org/research/health/fetal-homicide-state-laws.aspx

At least 23 states have fetal homicide laws that apply to the earliest stages of pregnancy ("any state of gestation," "conception," "fertilization" or "post-fertilization"); these are indicated below with an asterisk (*).

5 minutes ago, Highmark said:

At least 23 states have fetal homicide laws that apply to the earliest stages of pregnancy ("any state of gestation," "conception," "fertilization" or "post-fertilization"); these are indicated below with an asterisk (*).

Interesting read that was.

You would think by reading all that if the "mother" was doing drugs or a lot of drinking ..whatever..that if the baby was born with problems or died , she should be held liable it would seem.

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, Capt.Storm said:

You would think by reading all that if the "mother" was doing drugs or a lot of drinking ..whatever..that if the baby was born with problems or died , she should be held liable it would seem.

You have to laugh at the hypocrisy of some of them.

In other words if the mom wants the baby its person, if not its not.  :nuts:

defines "person," for the purpose of criminal homicide or assaults, to include an unborn child in utero at any stage of development, regardless of viability and specifies that nothing in the act shall make it a crime to perform or obtain an abortion that is otherwise legal.

8 hours ago, Highmark said:

7 hours ago, Capt.Storm said:

7 hours ago, Highmark said:

You have to laugh at the hypocrisy of some of them.

In other words if the mom wants the baby its person, if not its not.  :nuts:

defines "person," for the purpose of criminal homicide or assaults, to include an unborn child in utero at any stage of development, regardless of viability and specifies that nothing in the act shall make it a crime to perform or obtain an abortion that is otherwise legal.

Well, then you better be ready for the government to make sure no harm comes to the child. Charge anyone for smoking near a pregnant woman. After the kid is born better make sure you don't smoke in your house or car. 

If the Mother can't care for the child, better pony up some money to support her in a way she can properly nourish that child. If you want to force a woman to go through with a pregnancy then your involvement shouldn't end at birth. Welfare it up all you champions of fetal rights.

Maybe if "she" was more careful to not get pregnant that could help..or maybe give it up for adoption if shes that fawked up that she can't care for it.

But your simpleton answer my friend revkev is to just kill "it" off.  sad.

One in five get a abortion ..way to damn high.

Edited by Capt.Storm

The simple answer is that the last thing this world needs is more people. If someone believes that abortion is the wrong choice for them, great. But you should not force people to make those choices. If you wanted more people to go through with the pregnancy you would be rallying to improve conditions for pregnant women. You would not be trying to defund planned parenthood.  Simple fact is that even putting a kid up for adoption will still cost a women more in lost time at work and health costs than she can afford.  

How much maternity leave is allowed in the US?  

If a girl has made it to college, can most afford to fail because of the pregnancy and start over? 

Let's face it the loonies who preach abstinence over birth control aren't helping. How many unplanned kids can we handle from the Palins?

1 hour ago, revkevsdi said:

The simple answer is that the last thing this world needs is more people. If someone believes that abortion is the wrong choice for them, great. But you should not force people to make those choices. If you wanted more people to go through with the pregnancy you would be rallying to improve conditions for pregnant women. You would not be trying to defund planned parenthood.  Simple fact is that even putting a kid up for adoption will still cost a women more in lost time at work and health costs than she can afford.  

How much maternity leave is allowed in the US?  

If a girl has made it to college, can most afford to fail because of the pregnancy and start over? 

Let's face it the loonies who preach abstinence over birth control aren't helping. How many unplanned kids can we handle from the Palins?

Maybe you missed the memo on birth control..you know,those little pills!

And get this they even have a morning after pill!

I sure hope you wear a condom!

It's all about responsibility...agreed? 

Edited by Capt.Storm

54 minutes ago, Capt.Storm said:

Maybe you missed the memo on birth control..you know,those little pills!

And get this they even have a morning after pill!

I sure hope you wear a condom!

It's all about responsibility...agreed? 

The morning after pill that the right fought against. Birth control  Pills that the right fought hard against.  Where is a girl suppose to get access to this stuff if her parents are against it?  Maybe you guys can't remember being young  but sometimes stuff happens.  

Just now, revkevsdi said:

The morning after pill that the right fought against. Birth control  Pills that the right fought hard against.  Where is a girl suppose to get access to this stuff if her parents are against it?  Maybe you guys can't remember being young  but sometimes stuff happens.  

I have no problem with birth control..in fact I think all women should be able to get it free!

Funny in this day and age a 14 year old girl can get a abortion in Ny with out any parental consent but she can't get the pill without it.

Explain that to me.

10 hours ago, Capt.Storm said:

Maybe if "she" was more careful to not get pregnant that could help..or maybe give it up for adoption if shes that fawked up that she can't care for it.

But your simpleton answer my friend revkev is to just kill "it" off.  sad.

One in five get a abortion ..way to damn high.

LMFAO.

That is crazy talk!!!!! 

People should be able to make as many poor lifestyle choices as possible and others who are responsible should pick up the check.

end of story.