Check your account email address ×

the economy is great

16 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

The "promise" of Trump tax cuts and deregulation has fueled the stock market, to be honest I thought that the instability of Trump would bring the markets down and it hasn't..............but then one has to look at an investor such as F7ben who just bolted equities in his 401K today :news: 

Yeah, because America just oozes confidence when taxes are increased and regulations choke the life out of everything, good riddance Obummer. lol

• Like 1

Just now, snoughnut said:

Yeah, because America just oozes confidence when taxes are increased and regulations choke the life out of everything, good riddance Obummer. lol

At this point I'm all about filling my pockets, cut taxes and fuck the deficit and the morons who still believe that tax cuts and increased military spending will decrease the deficit ....mama I'm coming home!!! 

Money_Emoji_Icon_59b7293e-e703-4ba4-b3c3

12 hours ago, f7ben said:

that would require them to work ......they dont like that 

when i began machining I didn't think of it as just day in and day out work. I have a real passion for machining and iv carried that my whole career. I like my job. There are lots of ppl who cant say that.

17 minutes ago, COPO said:

when i began machining I didn't think of it as just day in and day out work. I have a real passion for machining and iv carried that my whole career. I like my job. There are lots of ppl who cant say that.

Ive found i have about a 5 to 7 yr span then i need a new challenge...I dont miss my job whatsoever and would never get back into the electrical profession unless forced to....these days i keep busy working on quads and vehicles for buddies here and there.....nothing major though.

22 minutes ago, FAT DAVE said:

Ive found i have about a 5 to 7 yr span then i need a new challenge...I dont miss my job whatsoever and would never get back into the electrical profession unless forced to....these days i keep busy working on quads and vehicles for buddies here and there.....nothing major though.

Im constantly faced with new challenges. Maybe that's why I like it so much. Iv been at it since hs days. going on 33 years now in the profession.

4 minutes ago, COPO said:

Im constantly faced with new challenges. Maybe that's why I like it so much. Iv been at it since hs days. going on 33 years now in the profession.

What kind of machining are you into?

10 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

yes but confidence is something obama failed to really give america for 8 years and lots of america for some reason has it now even though trumps been terrible to this point.  

Correct.   All a President can really do is inspire confidence for people to spend their money. Unless a President does something that directly effects your business, you should be looking else where for the reason of success or failure.   If your lawn cutting, restaurant , etc. business is failing it is probably not because of who is in the Whitehouse.

42 minutes ago, COPO said:

X2 -  A lot of  people think being successful is based on how much you make. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Cold War said:

Correct.   All a President can really do is inspire confidence for people to spend their money. Unless a President does something that directly effects your business, you should be looking else where for the reason of success or failure.   If your lawn cutting, restaurant , etc. business is failing it is probably not because of who is in the Whitehouse.

X2 -  A lot of  people think being successful is based on how much you make

Sure money isn't everything....but it sure as hell helps. :lol:  :bc:

Edited by FAT DAVE

52 minutes ago, FAT DAVE said:

What kind of machining are you into?

All kinds of stuff. I do a lot of prototype work so its constantly something new. Not production stuff. strictly  one of a kind prototypes that are used for testing future products.

2 minutes ago, COPO said:

All kinds of stuff. I do a lot of prototype work so its constantly something new. Not production stuff. strictly  one of a kind prototypes that are used for testing future products.

:bc:

11 hours ago, Mileage Psycho said:

At this point I'm all about filling my pockets, cut taxes and fuck the deficit and the morons who still believe that tax cuts and increased military spending will decrease the deficit ....mama I'm coming home!!! 

Oh please, you mean you're just starting this?  I bet your tax returns, et all show that you have been about filling your own pockets since day one.

1 hour ago, FAT DAVE said:

Sure money isn't everything....but it sure as hell helps. :lol:  :bc:

No doubt it is better than being poor. I know a few people who are wealthy, that are plain ass miserable.

I wasn't referring to be rich vs poor. More like, If I can make 150 k doing a job I hate  VS 100 k doing a job I enjoy...........Ill take the job I like.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Zambroski said:

I can't find a fucker that can sink a nail with a gun for $20/hr and expect 3 days of easy labor out of him.  Last one was scared to go past the 4th rung on a ladder.  O.o

They're all SeRenas!!!

Fuck, I can't even find anymore contractors to throw shit out to anymore.  We're all turning it away.  And this is just a fucking hobby for me!!!!

Probably just a shit boss...

35 minutes ago, racer254 said:

Oh please, you mean you're just starting this?  I bet your tax returns, et all show that you have been about filling your own pockets since day one.

Really.....he'll show all the R's who's the real boss now!!!!  Count it! :lol:

2 hours ago, Cold War said:

X2 -  A lot of  people think being successful is based on how much you make. 

Not hard to find them.  The most difficult jobs pay the most.  But they consume one's life...fully.  I never could figure out why my colleagues didn't have a plan to get out.  God, some of them were absolutely miserable....but were rich.  I guess it is worth it to some to spend their prime years in misery so they can retire mega wealthy.  Fuck that.  

42 minutes ago, racer254 said:

hmmm, could have sworn it was the lefties who worried about other people's money...

30 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Not hard to find them.  The most difficult jobs pay the most.  But they consume one's life...fully.  I never could figure out why my colleagues didn't have a plan to get out.  God, some of them were absolutely miserable....but were rich.  I guess it is worth it to some to spend their prime years in misery so they can retire mega wealthy.  Fuck that.  

:bc:

i have friends that are in their cars 2-4 hours on a good day commuting to work. You couldn't pay me enough to to do the crawl back and forth to the city. How much of your life wasted sitting in traffic.

I am 2 miles from work, and it is priceless!  Eating lunch with my dogs right now.

17 hours ago, Zambroski said:

I can't find a fucker that can sink a nail with a gun for $20/hr and expect 3 days of easy labor out of him.  Last one was scared to go past the 4th rung on a ladder.  O.o

They're all SeRenas!!!

Fuck, I can't even find anymore contractors to throw shit out to anymore.  We're all turning it away.  And this is just a fucking hobby for me!!!!

16 hours ago, f7ben said:

Yah .....I was just a snot nosed kid who didnt have a clue what I was doing when I was running jobs in the mid 2000's .....we had more work than we could do some times. At some points we had 4 full crews doing exteriors and the problem was always finding good guys ....even at 20$ cash back then to start nobody would stick around

$20.00 an hour, you get what you pay for and that is some real sluggos at that wage.

11 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

$20.00 an hour, you get what you pay for and that is some real sluggos at that wage.

Not 10 years ago in northern mn it wasnt .....and my foremen made 35$ per hour cash .....that wasnt bad for kids that were just past drinking age

1 hour ago, Mileage Psycho said:

This isn't Chicago.  The going rate for unskilled labor is $15-18/hr.  These are people that have come to me or I have taken on as a favor to someone who wants them to learn something. I guess $20 isn't enough to basically hand me shit and pay attention.  Lazy fucks.  Back home to moms basement they go. Not one has been over the age of 20.  Last one I had to keep interrupting him as he was real busy on his phone.  

2 hours ago, f7ben said:

Not 10 years ago in northern mn it wasnt .....and my foremen made 35$ per hour cash .....that wasnt bad for kids that were just past drinking age

How did you all pencil that cash in on your tax returns?