Check your account email address ×

Kicking It Around....

• Platinum Contributing Member

:snack: Gotta expect it when people support a narcissist with early on set Alzheimer's and Dementia:

'He's weighing that option': Trump associate suggests Trump may fire special counsel overseeing the Russia investigation

Robert Mueller

(Robert Mueller.Alex Wong/Getty Images) 
President Donald Trump may consider firing Robert Mueller, the special counsel overseeing the Russia investigation.

"He's weighing that option," said Chris Ruddy, Newsmax CEO and friend of Trump on PBS NewsHour Monday evening. "I personally think it would be a very significant mistake – even though I dont think there's a justification ... for a special counsel in this case," Ruddy said.

Ruddy called out what he described as "conflicts" surrounding Mueller's law firm, WilmerHale, which has represented Trump's former campaign manager and members of the Trump family. Ruddy also said that Trump had interviewed Mueller for the role of FBI director before Mueller was named special counsel in charge of the Russia investigation.

In the last 36 hours, people in Trump's orbit have floated conflicting narratives on the matter. A lawyer for Trump said on ABC News Sunday that he is "not going to speculate" about whether Trump may fire Mueller. But Trump's conservative allies have begun to turn on the special counsel, despite initally praising his appointment.

Trump's allies now claim that the results Mueller comes up with in the investigation into whether Trump campaign associates colluded with Russian officials during the 2016 election will be tainted and biased, Business Insider's Allan Smith reported earlier Tuesday, due in part to former FBI director James Comey's Senate testimony last week.

At his hearing before the Senate Intelligence Committee on Thursday, Comey said that he gave a friend, a Columbia law professor, permission to share with news outlets Comey's memos documenting private meetings he had with Trump. Comey testified that he believed the revelations in his memos — including concern that Trump sought to influence the FBI's Russia investigation — would prompt the appointment of a special counsel.

While Trump as president would be within his right to fire Mueller, that potential move is largely seen as problematic for a president already plagued by suggestions he have overstepped his boundaries in his interactions with Comey.

Rep. Adam Schiff, ranking member of the House Intelligence Committee attempted to knock down any suggestion of Trump firing Mueller: "If President fired Bob Mueller, Congress would immediately re-establish independent counsel and appoint Bob Mueller. Don't waste our time," Schiff said, though it is unclear exactly how the Republican-led Congress would react to Muller's firing, if it were to happen.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/hes-weighing-option-trump-associate-001717320.html

14 minutes ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

That would be an epically stupid call. 

Just now, Zambroski said:

ALERT!!!! ALERT!!!!

IMG_1978.JPG

Just now, Dave said:

Would save huge waste of everyone's time and money....good call imo.

:snack:

trump is desperate and basically has 2 options, well 3. keep firing people in hopes of getting someone else to kill this thing. let it continue, allowing it to catch up to him, or create a huge diversion in hopes of getting it off the front burner. if he gets caught, both he and putin are in deep doo doo. putin knows how to handle these things, so i fear the 3rd option, either a terror attack or a war.

1 minute ago, Snoslinger said:

trump is desperate and basically has 2 options, well 3. keep firing people in hopes of getting someone else to kill this thing. let it continue, allowing it to catch up to him, or create a huge diversion in hopes of getting it off the front burner. if he gets caught, both he and putin are in deep doo doo. putin knows how to handle these things, so i fear the 3rd option, either a terror attack or a war.

Ahhh....you must have missed the Comey thingy.  Or, you saw it and have been instructed to misinterpret it all. Yeah...that's probably it. :lmao:

Carry on though.

23 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

If he's assembling a group of what appears to be a biased team hell bent of anti-Trump tangents, then he should.  

But I'm really not following all this hocus pocus.  Keep me updated. :lmao:

1 minute ago, Mileage Psycho said:

You are like a broken record, you just spew the same old stuff over and over again, father like son for sure :lol: 

2 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Ahhh....you must have missed the Comey thingy.  Or, you saw it and have been instructed to misinterpret it all. Yeah...that's probably it. :lmao:

Carry on though.

:snack:

IMG_3199.JPG

1 minute ago, Snoslinger said:

why doesn't your boy just let things go, and let the cards fall where they fall? i mean, he has nothing ti hide, right?

Why dont you libs just let enough alone....if hes as bad as you think he is he will bury himself....instead youre just wasting everyone's time.

Just now, Snoslinger said:

why doesn't your boy just let things go, and let the cards fall where they fall? i mean, he has nothing ti hide, right?

Why are you asking me....you're the mind reader and FTR I hope Mueller stays.

4 minutes ago, Dave said:

Why dont you libs just let enough alone....if hes as bad as you think he is he will bury himself....instead youre just wasting everyone's time.

:bla:

IMG_3182.GIF

2 hours ago, Snoslinger said:

100% :wrong: 100% of the time for over two years