Check your account email address ×

BRP cuts around 600 Jobs in US, while building new factory in Mexico

Posted (edited)

last Sept 68 jobs cut at Alumacraft taking the number of workers down to 207, while anouncing the building of a new boat factory in Mexico
https://www.ien.com/video/video/22874148/77yearold-boat-maker-announces-layoffs

This March 129 jobs cut at Manitou:
https://www.crainsdetroit.com/manufacturing/manitou-pontoon-boat-manufacturer-cuts-129-jobs 

just before labor day weekend, another 106 at Alumacraft (cutting its workforce in half??)
https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/companies/another-106-workers-laid-off-at-alumacraft-in-st-peter-second-round-of-job-cuts-within-a-year/ar-BB1n0rHn

and 300 from Sturtevant
https://www.wisn.com/article/nearly-300-works-laid-off-from-brp-incorporateds-sturtevant-facility/60908657?utm_campaign=snd-autopilot

Sturtevant was the Evinrude facility that they now build the Rotax underboard, and pos sea doo switch "pontoon" boats at.

The Mexico factory was originally scheduled to come on line in 2025
https://www.designdevelopmenttoday.com/industries/manufacturing/news/22658033/brp-building-new-boat-manufacturing-facility

Edited by krom

• krom changed the title to BRP cuts around 600 Jobs in US, while building new factory in Mexico

Making factories in Mexico while laying off factory workers in USA.  I'd try to not support that company.

18 hours ago, Deephaven said:

Textron is just getting rid of employees in MN, BRP is moving their jobs to Mexico.

Neither is good, but I'd say moving jobs out of the country is more bad, or more worser

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, krom said:

Textron is just getting rid of employees in MN, BRP is moving their jobs to Mexico.

Neither is good, but I'd say moving jobs out of the country is more bad, or more worser

Textron doesn't have to build in Mexico to move jobs there.  Both aren't good.

Why the hell is everybody trying to leave Mexico?

seems all the jobs moving there.

warm all year round.

what’s not to love?

2 hours ago, krom said:

BRP shouldn't have any jobs outside of Canada.

2 hours ago, X2700 said:

warm all year round.

what’s not to love?

Who they going to be able to go to work there?   They're all coming to the US

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Deephaven said:

Textron doesn't have to build in Mexico to move jobs there.  Both aren't good.

Brp already has factories in Mexico too 

Edited by krom

22 hours ago, Deephaven said:

Cool links.

1 hour ago, awful knawful said:

You don't support them anyways.

Did I say I did? 

Bunch of mental midgets around here smh 

14 minutes ago, krom said:

Brp already has factories in Mexico too 

I know.  This wasn't a one is good and one is bad, but that both aren't good.

9 minutes ago, mnstang said:

Cool links.

Did I say I did? 

Bunch of mental midgets around here smh 

Mental midgeting is not seeing faults in a brand because they are your brand.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, awful knawful said:

BRP shouldn't have any jobs outside of Canada.

Workforce prices themselves out of a job. Quebecer's used to have pride in their work. They were fiercely independent and didn't look for handouts.

Edited by J. Jackson
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/28/2024 at 6:50 PM, X2700 said:

warm all year round.

what’s not to love?

It's all a mess right now.  Mexicans are fleeing Mexico to the US for a job and a better life.  Americans are fleeing the United States for Mexico so they have a better life and don't need a job.

What’s not to like? BRP will pass the savings from the Mexican factories back to their customers with low, low prices. 

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Deephaven said:

Must be smoking more of that Alaskan crack

Just because dealers fuck you over because of your personality doesn’t mean they don’t give deals to others. Cheap Mexican labor will allow them to undercut Polaris and Cat. Besides, the sloppy, sweat pants wearing, unmotivated/uncaring American pukes currently employed on the assembly lines in Thief River and Roseau certainly haven’t been setting high standards in QC. Mexican’s are grateful to work inside a factory and receive a steady paycheck. 

4 hours ago, AK440 said:

Just because dealers fuck you over because of your personality doesn’t mean they don’t give deals to others. Cheap Mexican labor will allow them to undercut Polaris and Cat. Besides, the sloppy, sweat pants wearing, unmotivated/uncaring American pukes currently employed on the assembly lines in Thief River and Roseau certainly haven’t been setting high standards in QC. Mexican’s are grateful to work inside a factory and receive a steady paycheck. 

still no clue what you're talking about

plenty of mexicans working in trf, and roseau..

10 hours ago, Deephaven said:

And cost is related to profit NOT selling price.  Fucking inbred moron.

It’s called competition in a capitalist system. If you lower your production costs you can sell your product for less than the other guy. That means more sales for you. There’s a reason why Ski-Doo has been in the #1 sales spot for the past 21 years. The retards in Roseau and Thief River doesn’t know how to cut costs without ruining quality. 

I don’t expect you to understand any of this because you are so incredibly stupid. 

2 hours ago, AK440 said:

It’s called competition in a capitalist system. If you lower your production costs you can sell your product for less than the other guy. That means more sales for you. There’s a reason why Ski-Doo has been in the #1 sales spot for the past 21 years. The retards in Roseau and Thief River doesn’t know how to cut costs without ruining quality. 

I don’t expect you to understand any of this because you are so incredibly stupid. 

Except Doo's are more expensive.  Derp.

Some time late last year watched an interview with the CEO of BRP. He claimed BRP was doing well and that he did not expect any fall out from a slowing economy and higher interest rates. Said that BRP caters to folks on the higher end of the pay scale and that these conditions do not adversely affect BRP. I though to myself what a great bullshit artist, can't wait for fall out. Drove by the local dealer yesterday and noticed boxes of sleds and Sea Doos sitting in his compound. Don't seem to be flying out the door like they did 3 years ago

12 hours ago, AK440 said:

did you type any of this on an expensive iPhone made in China?