Check your account email address ×

America has become a nation of hate spenders

We've all been there: staring down the price of a plane ticket, a new shirt, or a bag of chips and thinking angrily to ourselves, "Jesus Christ, this did not use to cost this much." And then … we buy it anyway.

They're aware prices aren't going back to 2019 levels, and given everything everyone's just been through, they may as well live it up.

https://www.businessinsider.com/hate-spending-consumers-economic-sentiment-retail-sales-inflation-gdp-growth-2024-4

stop buying shit!!!   :pc:

Edited by Crnr2Crnr
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

We've all been there: staring down the price of a plane ticket, a new shirt, or a bag of chips and thinking angrily to ourselves, "Jesus Christ, this did not use to cost this much." And then … we buy it anyway.

They're aware prices aren't going back to 2019 levels, and given everything everyone's just been through, they may as well live it up.

https://www.businessinsider.com/hate-spending-consumers-economic-sentiment-retail-sales-inflation-gdp-growth-2024-4

stop buying shit!!!   :pc:

What pisses me off is the shrinking of products just to keep the price down. I didn't want a Twinkle that's 2/3"s the size of what they used to be!  I want it 2/3's bigger, danit!!!!!!   :lol:

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, ckf said:

What pisses me off is the shrinking of products just to keep the price down. I didn't want a Twinkle that's 2/3"s the size of what they used to be!  I want it 2/3's bigger, danit!!!!!!   :lol:

shrinkflation is real

birds aren't though :news:

1 minute ago, Deephaven said:

Deranged is an understatement

Pete isn't deranged... Viper is 

Pete is just dumb

3 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

shrinkflation is real

birds aren't though :news:

Pete isn't deranged... Viper is 

Pete is just dumb

All you can do is insult. Don’t say anything about  blame joe. 

You are the dumbest motherfucking  tds fuck i ever encountered.

Poor joe has fucked the economy. You dont like hearing this fact 

:cry:

:lol2:

3 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

Perhaps you should have chat gpt write your comebacks Pete.  Would keep you from looking like a moron everytime you post.

Hey asshole

how about a comment on Biden fucking the economy?

You cant and wont. 

That makes you a fucking loser 

now go play in traffic

10 minutes ago, Pete said:

He has.  5 trillion times.  Sad.  Of course your buddy did it 8 trillion so not sure why you point out only one of the evils.  Neither are fit for office.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Pete said:

All you can do is insult. Don’t say anything about  blame joe. 

You are the dumbest motherfucking  tds fuck i ever encountered.

:cry:

:lol2:

'dumb' is being nice... 'fucking ignorant' is being honest but you're no fan of facts or the truth so that's about as polite as I can be with you... BDS Fuck  :crazy:

now run along and whittle me something simpleton 

Stop buying shit. I’ve said it all along. 
And dont complain about high real estate prices your up bidding against a generation who is living for today only and not thinking about retirement or even past next Tuesday.

Edited by Mainecat

21 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

'dumb' is being nice... 'fucking ignorant' is being honest but you're no fan of facts or the truth so that's about as polite as I can be with you... BDS Fuck  :crazy:

now run along and whittle me something simpleton 

I wouldn’t piss on you if you were on fire,

Drop dead already 

TDS FUCK

23 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Stop buying shit. I’ve said it all along. 
And dont complain about high real estate prices your up bidding against a generation who is living for today only and not thinking about retirement or ebben next Tuesday.

Real estate prices - it has been traditionally MUCH cheaper to buy in central Sconnie vs. the burbs, or even next level outside of the burbs in the Mpls/St Paul area - but holy shit, the people of Milwaukee and Madison must be wanting to get out of those hell holes as well because that’s hardly the case anymore.  Staying where we are and throwing 50-60k at a shop is looking like a much better option.  Can I afford to spend more??  Yeah… do I want to??  Fuck no.

Edited by Mag6240

7 minutes ago, Mag6240 said:

Real estate prices - it has been traditionally MUCH cheaper to buy in central Sconnie vs. the burbs, or even next level outside of the burbs in the Mpls/St Paul area - but holy shit, the people of Milwaukee and Madison must be wanting to get out of those hell holes as well because that’s hardly the case anymore.  Staying where we are and throwing 50-60k at a shop is looking like a much better option.  Can I afford to spend more??  Yeah… do I want to??  Fuck no.

we're empty nesters as of this fall and part of me would like to sell and build new and smaller again on some acreage out of town with a nice shop/garage. 

but have you priced farm land or wooded acreage in North Central Wisconsin lately... wholly shit!???!

29 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

we're empty nesters as of this fall and part of me would like to sell and build new and smaller again on some acreage out of town with a nice shop/garage. 

but have you priced farm land or wooded acreage in North Central Wisconsin lately... wholly shit!???!

Yeah, exactly why I’m thinking the way I am.  Our Sconnie place is paid off, and the little woman LOVES her kitchen…. Happy wife right??

2 minutes ago, Mag6240 said:

Yeah, exactly why I’m thinking the way I am.  Our Sconnie place is paid off, and the little woman LOVES her kitchen…. Happy wife right??

yup... I'm thinking a hot tub might make mine happy for another few years.  :lmao:

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

yup... I'm thinking a hot tub might make mine happy for another few years.  :lmao:

This was the first winter we shut ours down in 10 years. $100.00 - $125.00 a month added to the electric bill was a bit much since we are using it less and less.

26 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

This was the first winter we shut ours down in 10 years. $100.00 - $125.00 a month added to the electric bill was a bit much since we are using it less and less.

trust me... I know.  for about a year I thwarted the notion of getting one pushed by her and my daughter.  :)

34 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Put the lid on it.  Mine doesn't cost anywhere near that.

3 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

stop buying shit!!! 

Let us know how to accomplish this, Mr. Frugal :lol:

I've got an 80-mile round trip commute, in a vehicle that gets ~30mpg ... so the gas bill ain't going anywhere (even if it's only 3-4 days a week).  Family of 3, plus 1 that visits home a couple times a month = a grocery bill that ain't gonna get any less expensive.  Four vehicles to insure (plus everything else), and that doesn't even include if I wanna have fun with snowmobile trips or, family vacations.

Hate spending is a good description, and it's pretty much inevitable.  

6 minutes ago, Bontz said:

Let us know how to accomplish this, Mr. Frugal :lol:

I've got an 80-mile round trip commute, in a vehicle that gets ~30mpg ... so the gas bill ain't going anywhere (even if it's only 3-4 days a week).  Family of 3, plus 1 that visits home a couple times a month = a grocery bill that ain't gonna get any less expensive.  Four vehicles to insure (plus everything else), and that doesn't even include if I wanna have fun with snowmobile trips or, family vacations.

Hate spending is a good description, and it's pretty much inevitable.  

sounds like white privilege... :snack: