Check your account email address ×

April 8th eclipse

25 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

Lloyd said we would all be dead.  Does that happen later?

Two more weeks!

• Gold Member

Last one prior to this like in 2017 totality came right through my area…. Missed it due to work out of the area but was 80% where I was which was pretty cool in itself.  Wife said it was awesome on the totality.  Likely going to have to go a vacation to watch one at some point as I want to see one.  Congrats to those that got to see it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, old indy said:

It went pretty dark down in Kaufman Tx.  heres a look at pops place at the peak. dark enough that all the outdoor lights came on.

image000001.JPG

image000002.JPG

It was strange to see a few stars show up in the middle of the afternoon.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, ckf said:

It was strange to see a few stars show up in the middle of the afternoon.

I actually took the harley down to cape cod for the day. got a bit of a sun burn :joint:             i looked a few times thru the paper glasses but it didnt even get a little dark there. mayybe a little greyish color for a bit.  one of the guys i work with drove up to Derby vt to wacth it.  said he was in his car headed to I 91 by 3:40pm..3hrs later he had not made it to the 89 split.  he got home in Randolph MA after   11 pm..    he said it was gridlock EVERYWHERE he looked til close to 8 pm 

people are crAZY

Edited by old indy

2 minutes ago, old indy said:

I actually took the harley down to cape cod for the day. got a bit of a sun burn :joint:             i looked a few times thru the paper glasses but it didnt even get a little dark there. mayybe a little greyish color for a bit.  one of the guys i work with drove up to Derby vt to wacth it.  said he was in his car headed to I 91 by 3:40pm..3hrs later he had not made it to the 89 split.  he got home in Randolph MA at   11 pm..    he said it was gridlock EVERYWHERE he looked til close to 8 pm 

people are crAZY

Like I mentioned earlier, I have never seen that much traffic heading north on Rte 91 from Lyndonville to St J as we saw yesterday. And that was at 8:30 in the morning. Rte 93 from St J to Littleton, NH was very busy, too.  It took us just over 2 hours to get back home via the secondary roads that would normally take about an hour and fifteen.

We had a long duration on both ends of that grayish color that you mentioned. Nicole and I called it a silver colored sky. The light was like you normally associate with the beginning or the end of the day that is nicknamed golden hour due to the golden cast from the sun when it is low on the horizon at those times. But instead of a golden cast it was more silver.

• Like 1