Check your account email address ×

73 years ago today

One of the most pivotal days in our worlds history.  So many brave young men died.......every generation after, complete pussys in comparison, which means anyone here, including myself.  We might all be speaking German otherwise.  People forget just how close we were to the Nazis and world domination.  Events like this helped form my world view, and can never be forgotten.

Edited by DriftBusta
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Biggie Smails said:

Jimmy Carter as Centrist Libertarian....interesting.

only to people like icecunt.

it is a fact that Kennedy would never be elected to office as a democrat now days . hell he would prob be to conservative to get the nod from the republicans. I would bet JFK could not even hold a city council seat in a lot of left citys any longer

BTW my gramps was there but far from 1st wave he was a tank driver and they were brought in when the beaches were pretty much under control .

my wife's gramps was shot down over Germany and the unlucky sob bailed out over a hitter youth camp . so they all took pop shots as he was floating down . they brought him to a nearby POW camp and a Russian POW did surgery on a picnic table in the yard pulling lead. he lived to 78 with only 5 extra holes .  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

BTW my gramps was there but far from 1st wave he was a tank driver and they were brought in when the beaches were pretty much under control .

my wife's gramps was shot down over Germany and the unlucky sob bailed out over a hitter youth camp . so they all took pop shots as he was floating down . they brought him to a nearby POW camp and a Russian POW did surgery on a picnic table in the yard pulling lead. he lived to 78 with only 5 extra holes .  

According to my father in law who went through the war you were scared every day but overcame that fear and did what you had to do or become a casualty yourself. He was one of the lucky ones that survived Monte Cassino. He's now 90 and rarely talks about it. The capture of Monte Cassino resulted in 55,000 Allied casualties. When there is one casualty today it is headline news.

Edited by 02sled

• Platinum Contributing Member
18 hours ago, Biggie Smails said:

Jimmy Carter as Centrist Libertarian....interesting.

Based of what? :lol:  

2 hours ago, 02sled said:

According to my father in law who went through the war you were scared every day but overcame that fear and did what you had to do or become a casualty yourself. He was one of the lucky ones that survived Monte Cassino. He's now 90 and rarely talks about it. The capture of Monte Cassino resulted in 55,000 Allied casualties. When there is one casualty today it is headline news.

Fucked up shit man :guzzle: the entire media would have been about casualties 

14 minutes ago, Momorider said:

Fucked up shit man :guzzle: the entire media would have been about casualties 

Today's media would be attacking our generals like there's no tomorrow. Some thing tells me Patton would be a shit show for the ages.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, T1R9sledder said:

Today's media would be attacking our generals like there's no tomorrow. Some thing tells me Patton would be a shit show for the ages.

Men like him are in short supply these days. :bc: 

Yah the greatest generation was no doubt great but there are a lot of great people in the military today that I have no doubt would do the same shit these guys went through in defence of their countries :bc: But I am also glad that today we don't have to go through that hell with the bravery of being out of range and all that :) 

8 hours ago, T1R9sledder said:

he was a shit show for the media back then . remember he was knocked down a peg for the coverage of him busting the guys balls who was in the hospital for nerves

Crazy how brave those guys were back then. Most had to be scared shitless. I would be.

50/50 chance you are gonna get smoked with minutes of landing, maybe right off the bat.

First WW no different. although maybe just a dumber cause.

I bow my head to those guys at least a few times a year.

I can never be as awesome as they were.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

50/50 hell the first wave only wish there odds were that good  

Watching the saving private Ryan movie, ya it's legit.

Been on the C6 machine gun. lots of belts and a second dude beside me changing belts and barrels..

Crazy as fast as you can mow peeps down, from a half mile away..

Hail storm of death....