Check your account email address ×

got a ZukeCat you plan to keep alive?

Screenshot_20240327-063232.png

thanks for the heads up @krom  :thumbsup:

wonder if the contract being over and done if Suzuki will finally start selling parts directly through their dealers or online? 

Jesus Christ... think of how many Pre-Textron 800's are still out there?  @fortune46xand @Tommcat better get some extra bits and pieces as well.   Joe is going to figure out which gaskets, seals, bearings, etc he needs for the upcoming and future builds he has and get some extra inventory. 

Thanks TextronCat... :bigfinger:

zuke.png.103817a2a52e55ca6cfe4256b8e46794.png

maybe my next sled will come from Rousseau... :fool:

Screenshot_20240327-063232.png

Edited by Crnr2Crnr

They have to keep 800 and 1100 zuke parts for a few more years maybe 1 more on your motor IIRC. Probably has more to do with an extra vendor contract for a very small percentage of parts they sell than anything else

• Haha 1

i'm already working on getting some of them done by aftermarket companies, or building our own. we havent been able to count on cat for 1100 parts for awhile now

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, Palu49 said:

They have to keep 800 and 1100 zuke parts for a few more years maybe 1 more on your motor IIRC. Probably has more to do with an extra vendor contract for a very small percentage of parts they sell than anything else

I've been told by some very knowledgeable folks in the parts department that as of a year ago or so, they are done with zuke, and won't be getting any more parts in.

1 hour ago, krom said:

I've been told by some very knowledgeable folks in the parts department that as of a year ago or so, they are done with zuke, and won't be getting any more parts in.

Don’t they legally have to keep parts for 10 years? Realistically though besides turdbowl guys (and sp5 nerds) who’s putting oem parts in 570s and 800 zukes?

38 minutes ago, Palu49 said:

Don’t they legally have to keep parts for 10 years? Realistically though besides turdbowl guys (and sp5 nerds) who’s putting oem parts in 570s and 800 zukes?

7!

??? Is this in writing???  Was.at Arctic Cat dealer today.... His comments were that AC as an ongoing relationship with Suzuki and Yamaha for parts in the future. . . . .

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Palu49 said:

I am pretty sure it is 7. If 2017 was the last year of the Suzukis then we would be right there. The f8 Suzuki piston was pretty much the go to piston for all of the aftermarket kits and the 800 rebuilds as they worked and weren’t wildly expensive. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Not greg b said:

I am pretty sure it is 7. If 2017 was the last year of the Suzukis then we would be right there. The f8 Suzuki piston was pretty much the go to piston for all of the aftermarket kits and the 800 rebuilds as they worked and weren’t wildly expensive. 

I thought they had upped it to 10 in the last few years but maybe not 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Palu49 said:

I thought they had upped it to 10 in the last few years but maybe not 

They may have. They also round to the highest dollar on parts after doing a price increase. So you do that on a .25 cent part all of sudden it’s a 8 dollar part after a couple increases 

• Like 1

A friend of mine did that 20+ years ago and got big bonuses on how much it improved the profit margins on parts. I am bettering textron still does it to this day 

10 hours ago, Palu49 said:

(and sp5 nerds) 

have no intention of ever getting rid of either of mine.

you can bid on them some day during the estate sale.  

:roflcrying:

39 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

have no intention of ever getting rid of either of mine.

you can bid on them some day during the estate sale.  

:roflcrying:

Just give the 2000 in the will

2 minutes ago, Palu49 said:

Not $2000 the 2000 440. Or I’ll just go to CT or wherever it is and steal it 

that goes to my brother and his kids... which it already did. 

3 hours ago, Palu49 said:

Not $2000 the 2000 440. Or I’ll just go to CT or wherever it is and steal it 

i'll grab it for you if there's room on my truck the next time I'm flying by....:snack:

I here it's good for controling 'skeeters in it's present day form.....:news:

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, hayward said:

i'll grab it for you if there's room on my truck the next time I'm flying by....:snack:

I here it's good for controling 'skeeters in it's present day form.....:news:

Mikuni is guarding it... Go for it.  ;)

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

he's a big pup... you better take all of it. :)

That’s about $500 of biscuits, I’m thinking I ought to find out just how much Palu is willing to shell out for this relic....:pc:

• Haha 1